Author Topic: PDF  (Read 3816 times)

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
  • Administrative Bleeper!
  • Token Nutcase :D
PDF
« on: Thursday February 19, 2009, 01:59:15 PM »
Well, I WAS all proud of myself...

I managed to procure a thumb drive (a Datentraeger) and get a lovely lady to scan several of my drawings to it. All of this without using any English whatsoever... although I did use a picture, and pointed quite a bit.

Go me, go me... until I got home and realized it's saved as a bloody PDF. I hate PDFs.

So now I don't know what to do. I suppose for two of them, it really doesn't matter, since I was going to mail them to Bethy anyway. The catch is: that's true for two of the seven pages. The other five I want to be able to photoshop (well, Gimp, but I'm a cheapo). Twiga, if you're reading this, then yes, this does in fact apply to our webcomic.

{bleep}.

So does anyone know how on earth I can save a PDF file to something a little more manageable? Or would I be better off just trying it again with a large sign that says "GIF" ?

:hide: German classes start in a week or two...
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline Twiga

• Registered member
  • Will do anything...for no reason at all
Re: PDF
« Reply #1 on: Thursday February 19, 2009, 02:51:05 PM »
It looks like there are some PDF to GIF converters online if you Google them. I'm not sure how good any of them are, but they do exist.  Some of them are even free! ;D
If a tree falls on a mime, and no-one is there to hear it, does anyone care?

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Thursday February 19, 2009, 02:57:26 PM »
OooOOOOOOoooo.

Ok, where is a good place that reviews all these and makes sure they're not trojan horses? My poor little laptop is pretty strained at the moment with me and Dan both using him for EVERYTHING.
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline Twiga

• Registered member
  • Will do anything...for no reason at all
« Reply #3 on: Thursday February 19, 2009, 03:25:23 PM »
Probably your best bet is to get the name of it, then google the name and ask if it is a virus or if the site is known to have viruses attached to them.

Or you could go back to the scanning place and scan them in as gifs to be totally safe. But what is the fun in that?  ;)

If a tree falls on a mime, and no-one is there to hear it, does anyone care?

Offline andyb

• Global Moderator
  • of Wackiness
  • I've been Simpsonized!
    • Welcome to my Concorde website
« Reply #4 on: Thursday February 26, 2009, 08:24:19 PM »
Hi Bama

have you been able to resolve this yet?

If not I have Adobe Acrobat Pro on my machine, which I can use to convert pdf files to various formats including .tif and .jpg

If I can help let me know (you'll have to email the file(s) )

andyb
I'm playing The SkinCell Daily Quiz - are you??

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday March 04, 2009, 07:17:14 AM »
Thanks, Andy... but the file was too big to email. And now I've got a whole other problem... :faint: