Author Topic: The World Cup Thread  (Read 4002 times)

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
  • Administrative Bleeper!
  • Token Nutcase :D
The World Cup Thread
« on: Thursday June 10, 2010, 02:46:04 PM »
To my fellow Americans: a huge soccer tournament starts either tomorrow or the day after.

To my neighbors in Europe: Well, some of them might have known. But just in case. I never paid any attention to the World Cup until I lived here.

And blamed if the first match isn't America vs. England. This is sooooooo annoying!! I want them both to win!!
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
Re: The World Cup Thread
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday June 23, 2010, 08:54:46 PM »
I am totally rooting for ENGLAND in this next round.

That won't make me too popular around these parts, but the games are soooo late at night... and the fans are soooo obnoxious when they win, that I would not at all mind Germany losing a game.

Some jack{bleep} has firecrackers... or something. (They sound bigger than cherry bombs, and to be honest, it's a little creepy to be hearing explosives going on right outside my window.) It's nearly 11:00 at night! I could overlook the constant horn blowing and car horn tooting if it wasn't for the damned explosives.

Since I got my wish about England vs the US, I'm hoping my magic World Cup Thread mojo works so I can get some sleep on the 26th (or whenever)!
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
  • The World's Happiest Uncle
    • Matt's English Adventures Blog
« Reply #2 on: Thursday June 24, 2010, 12:00:03 PM »
Well, I was supporting both the US and England. Look what happened :)
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
The Doppler Effect - Why bad ideas seem good when they are coming towards you at high speed. Don't rush things!!!

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Thursday June 24, 2010, 03:52:14 PM »
Between the two of us, we've got it going, Matty! :roll: