Author Topic: The get to know each other game.  (Read 8879 times)

Offline CazAngel

• SkinCell God
  • An Enigma
    • My Facebook page.
The get to know each other game.
« on: Tuesday December 02, 2008, 12:24:11 AM »
So, I thought it'd be interesting to get to know each other, so add 3-5 interests or whatever you'd like to share about yourself.

I'll go first, to start this off. :)

1. I love animals.

2. I am Vegan (have been 2 years)

3. I love photography, poetry (I write and photograph) and artsy things.

4. I like reading/learning about rare conditions but also am interested in psychology.

5. I care very deeply about people and animals, I don't like suffering.
With care,
Caz (Carolyn)
xx :hugs:

"Nonviolence is not a garment to be put on and off at will.
Its seat is in the heart, and it must be an inseparable part of our being." - Gandhi

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination." - Einstein

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
  • The World's Happiest Uncle
    • Matt's English Adventures Blog
Re: The get to know each other game.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday December 02, 2008, 06:48:37 AM »
1. I enjoy kickboxing (Purple Sash). As well as learning, I also assist at two children's classes.

2. I enjoy photography. Have a Nikon D50 dSLR. Someone else on this forum has seen the "Hall of Fame" of photos I have up the side wall on the stairs.

3. I have a rather large train set, although due to a lack of spare cash, and not a lot of time, it hasn't advanced a lot in the last 6 months.

4. I work for a company that makes medical gas equipment to go in hospitals worldwide.

Uncle Christmas.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
The Doppler Effect - Why bad ideas seem good when they are coming towards you at high speed. Don't rush things!!!

Offline Celery Peach

• Baby Goth Knits
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday December 02, 2008, 08:43:01 AM »
 :lol: Its like Miss World  ;)  Tho I will spare you the me standing here in a bikini vision  ;D

Thirty something Ex Hellraiser tattooed mother. I have 3 great kids and a little bald guy, which I keep mostly in their cages.

I spend most of my time knitting black baby clothes

I like cats & snakes, altho if left alone together they would like to eat each other.

I enjoy running our Valet business after recovering from severe disability. I book 'em in, he does the work  ;) Ok well, I will polish if pushed.

At the moment the rest of my time is split between, computer, housework, laundry, Buffy and trashy TV

Offline anniemary40

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday December 02, 2008, 09:09:13 AM »
Wow this is exciting, well i'm afraid i'm quite the average , boring 40 year old, though my 18 year old son says i'm a die hard teenager...here goes;
I have 2 children and a husband who is 10 years younger than me(can i say that he is gorgeous, sexy and looks a lot like Kurt Cobain?)
I love rock music(occasionally pull out the lycra and thigh boots much to the despair of my children!)
I am learning BSL(sign language) and hope to become an interpreter
I play the guitar(badly) and sing a bit
I love to read(it really relaxes me)
I like it when we do things as a family, which isn't too often now cos my son has discovered pubs and girls(i just want us to be like The Waltons)
 There, thats me...Gosh i do sound so boring, but i actually love a bit of craic...

Offline Celery Peach

• Baby Goth Knits
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday December 02, 2008, 09:27:45 AM »
 ;D woohoo cooooool Ann ! I want to come and stay at your place !  :nod: I will bring my eldest teenager for yours to lead astray...he is a little on the Chavvy side at the moment...

Offline anniemary40

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday December 02, 2008, 09:41:56 AM »
Lol, Barefoot, your very welcome... don't knock the Chavvy, cos 6 months ago my son didn't go out, no interest in girls, and spent all his time playing ps3...how things have changed... when he's out i sit up waiting for him to come home, serial text him and generally do his head in, now i know where my mammy was coming from...oh God if only she knew the half of it!!

Offline Celery Peach

• Baby Goth Knits
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday December 03, 2008, 09:12:27 AM »
 ;D He is allready a bit of a babe magnet Ann, but poor lad wears his heart on his sleeve.....I am slowly weaning him off his name brand sportswear and have finally got him to stop tucking his trousers in his socks  ::)  :roll: Its that rave/mc rubbish he has blaring out from his bedroom that does my head in the most. My middle lad is showing more promise, I force fed him heavy metal from an early age and he has a respectable love of anything with a skull on  ;D

:el: Dont you just love mobile phones ! I have their lives ! We probably talk more by way of text than actually face to face  ;)

Offline anniemary40

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday December 03, 2008, 09:29:07 AM »
Lol, your a funny girl, i'm liking that! Ah God love him, remember being a teenager and getting dumped every 2 weeks, heartbroken for a week until the next conquest... am liking the sound of your middle son... mine unfortunately hates my music and is pure into r'n'b which i HATE... no taste these young ones eh?

Offline totalfolly

• SkinCell Friend
  • Crazy Cat Hero
    • Jo & Co. in Virginia
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday December 03, 2008, 03:01:38 PM »
I'll play, altho I think most members here already know this stuff.  ;D

1.  I'm a vegetarian (but not vegan)

2.  I'm gleefully retired

3.  I love all critters, altho in some cases I prefer to love them from afar (things like crocodiles and poisonous snakes, for example, I don't want to see in my back yard)

4.  I'm a glass craftsperson

"If you hear a voice within you say 'You cannot paint'
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Offline CazAngel

• SkinCell God
  • An Enigma
    • My Facebook page.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday December 03, 2008, 10:06:05 PM »
Ahh, Ann, you aren't boring. Infact, everyone here is more interesting than me.  :roll:
With care,
Caz (Carolyn)

Its seat is in the heart, and it must be an inseparable part of our being." - Gandhi

Offline itchychick

• Global Moderator
  • Peachy Sunshine
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday December 03, 2008, 10:44:01 PM »
 ;D

I'll have a go:

- I'm 39 and have two little boys (well, growing fast - ages 7 and just turned 11)

-  A temporarily retired high school teacher who now teaches Pilates and has a silversmithing/jewellery design business

- Love to do a lot of things, but unfortunately don't have the time to!

My hubby's also cute and younger (not ten years though! ;))

Offline andyb

• Global Moderator
  • of Wackiness
  • I've been Simpsonized!
    • Welcome to my Concorde website
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday December 03, 2008, 11:11:02 PM »
here's me:

I'm 51 and overweight due mostly to sitting at a PC for much of my day - although a course of Prednisolone a couple of years ago didn't help.
I'm a Web Content Manager for a Local Authority;
Married with two - son is 20 and daughter is 14 going on 21,
My interests include photography and industrial archaeology;
Before I got married I was a member of the Cambridge University Gliding Club but can't afford that now; also helped to restore a steam locomotive rescued from a scrapyard;
I had a G scale model railway running around the back garden but it's currently stored with everything else going on - I still have an interest in modelmaking though;
I've been building an extension on the side of our house for the last few years (although wifely one will tell you it's been longer...);
Am actually disabled following a carpal tunnel operation - developed CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome) - this on top of Fibromyalgia - which is a bleeping nuisance (nearly lost my job over this).
I've just finished rebuilding our Audi after son helpfully drove it into the front of the house (with no insurance)...
I do play keyboard in a gospel rock band and piano with a music group at church (it's a Bechstein grand) when I can - my O/T says it's good for my hand...

andyb
« Last Edit: Wednesday December 03, 2008, 11:16:03 PM by andyb »
I'm playing The SkinCell Daily Quiz - are you??

Offline anniemary40

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday December 03, 2008, 11:21:22 PM »
Ah Caz, thats so not true... :hugs: Itchychick, it's hard to beat the toyboys eh?  :drool:  and Andyb, wish i had your enthusiasm(and energy)  :bounce:

Offline CazAngel

• SkinCell God
  • An Enigma
    • My Facebook page.
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday December 03, 2008, 11:48:27 PM »
here's me:

I'm 51 and overweight due mostly to sitting at a PC for much of my day - although a course of Prednisolone a couple of years ago didn't help.
I'm a Web Content Manager for a Local Authority;
Married with two - son is 20 and daughter is 14 going on 21,
My interests include photography and industrial archaeology;
Before I got married I was a member of the Cambridge University Gliding Club but can't afford that now; also helped to restore a steam locomotive rescued from a scrapyard;
I had a G scale model railway running around the back garden but it's currently stored with everything else going on - I still have an interest in modelmaking though;
I've been building an extension on the side of our house for the last few years (although wifely one will tell you it's been longer...);
Am actually disabled following a carpal tunnel operation - developed CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome) - this on top of Fibromyalgia - which is a bleeping nuisance (nearly lost my job over this).
I've just finished rebuilding our Audi after son helpfully drove it into the front of the house (with no insurance)...
I do play keyboard in a gospel rock band and piano with a music group at church (it's a Bechstein grand) when I can - my O/T says it's good for my hand...

andyb

Wow, Andy. I don't know how you keep up with so much. I have Fibromyalgia too (severe Fibro) and other things, and I couldn't do what you do.
With care,
Caz (Carolyn)

Offline CalamityJane

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Whimsy
  • Dogs speak every language!
« Reply #14 on: Thursday December 04, 2008, 03:08:39 AM »
I'll have a shot, bu Caz, you ain't got 'nothin' on me!

- elderly & creaky retired (for now) real estate assistant and government employee
- lover of digital photography
- big life loves, my son (pain in the *ss as he is) and my constant 4-legged companion
- fondly recall my big two-legged loves in the past
- news fanatic
- big walker w/my canine companion when feet oblige
- somewhat crabby and feel entitled!
- tropical flower/fauna lover along with destinations that meet that criteria
- Avid watcher of PBS (think Doc Martin, The Royal) and think I've morphed back in time

Jane
It's a good day when you laugh!

Offline andyb

• Global Moderator
  • of Wackiness
  • I've been Simpsonized!
    • Welcome to my Concorde website
« Reply #15 on: Thursday December 04, 2008, 06:54:46 PM »
.. and Andyb, wish i had your enthusiasm(and energy)  :bounce:

energy? haven't had much of that for many a year now Annmarie :coffee: - that's why the extension isn't finished (but I'm determined to do as much of it as I can), and the Audi took nearly 2 years to rebuild to get back on the road...

Wow, Andy. I don't know how you keep up with so much. I have Fibromyalgia too (severe Fibro) and other things, and I couldn't do what you do.

Caz - sorry to hear you've got this too. My Fibro is in remission at the mo - have had two severe bouts in the last three years - couldn't work full time until recently. I keep telling myself that I'm not going to give in to it. I am lucky that I have a boss who lets me do the required number of hours over a four-week period, so I find myself doing a stint, having a rest, doing a bit more, have break - sometimes work over a weekend. I find it's just a matter of pacing yourself and knowing when to stop - at least it seems to work for me....
I'm playing The SkinCell Daily Quiz - are you??

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
  • Administrative Bleeper!
  • Token Nutcase :D
« Reply #16 on: Thursday December 04, 2008, 11:15:58 PM »
My "real" name is Amanda, but I really like Bama and go by it as well IRL

I have two kitties that I call my son and daughter

I can do several weird things that I'll never make a living at: Knitting (poorly) in the round, making messes, memorizing novels and movies, and wiggling my ears

I eat dark chocolate

I am currently slightly uncomfortable... I saw an inside joke on another forum while I was eating spaghetti. I've showered and snorted water, but I still think I have a sprig of parsley up my nose.
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!