Author Topic: How do I improve my skin?  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Jack2

• Registered member
How do I improve my skin?
« on: Sunday July 27, 2008, 08:15:33 PM »
Hi all! Here's a close-up pic of my facial skin.

I've had 5 Microdermabrasion sessions, 2 of those were combined with a light chemical peel. I wondered if there's anything else I can try or should I carry on with the sessions? A lot of what you see isn't spots - It's just general roughness/bumpiness, acne scars etc?

I'm 25 years old if that's relevant. Any help appreciated!
« Last Edit: Sunday July 27, 2008, 08:17:54 PM by Jack2 »

Offline totalfolly

• Retired Moderator
  • Crazy Cat Hero
  • I yam what I yam
Re: How do I improve my skin?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday July 27, 2008, 10:26:15 PM »
Hiya, Jack2, and welcome to SkinCell!

I'm not sure what problem you are having with your skin--I think a little roughness isn't terribly unusual.  Aren't microdermabrasion and chemical peels somewhat harsh?  Have you seen a dermatologist to diagnose your condition?

totalfolly
"If you hear a voice within you say 'You cannot paint'
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Offline Aquababe241

• SkinCell God
Re: How do I improve my skin?
« Reply #2 on: Monday September 08, 2008, 01:53:22 PM »
The only way to improve your skin is by having lots of green juices like fresh aloe juice, cucumber and apple to get hide the bitter taste.  Lots of water and also no fry ups....Plenty of fish and things like evening primrose oil. 

Applying fresh aloe to the skin will freshen any kind of complexion.  The wonderful thing about aloe vera (the real thing) is that it's very cooling to the touch and makes a great lotion when mixed with either coconut or olive oil.  Even though it's your face, you'll find that aloe and oil - the aloe starts evaporating and you're left with a shiny sheen on your face. 

Aloe gel kills acne dead.  Drinking apple cider vinegar/honey in hot water is a very nice drink....Just 2T of ACV with 1t of honey in hot water and you'll notice the clear complexion in a few days....

Mind you I don't have acne, but I definitely have rough skin on my arms and flakey skin on my face...so I use all the above treatments and then some and they work.

HOpe this helps you :-*
It's really nice to be free, free to be me
I'd rather be free and happy
Than nobody and sad

Offline stephensam

• Registered member
Skin Care Tips
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday November 05, 2019, 05:17:18 AM »
Most of this young generation people are wants to show their skin beauty and attract others. This is common mindset for all. But few of them are getting depressed due to bad skin health condition. Natural way is available to maintaining the skin in a better. Lots of people are easily maintaining their skin by using several skin care products. But several natural skin care tips are available to maintaining skin in a good and healthy conditions. Be confident and make your body skin health in a better way.

Admin's Note
Spammy hidden link removed. OP, if you are a genuine human, don't hide your links. We have a dedicated links board if you are genuine. Do it again and it'll be an instant ban and delete.
« Last Edit: Wednesday November 13, 2019, 11:08:22 AM by M@t »