Author Topic: Distorted Speakers!!  (Read 4197 times)

Offline Dominius

• Registered member
Distorted Speakers!!
« on: Saturday June 14, 2008, 08:37:22 AM »
This is not the usual, 'oh the cables are crap', 'you have got the volume to high' blah blah blah. I have a lovely set of BOSE Companion 5 sat next to my PC. A few days ago they started to distort, no gradually or intermitent, just full on robotic sounds like everythings coming out of a tin... Ive played music through the speakers on me phone and everything is fine. But as soon as anything audio comes out of them from my PC its rubbish. Ive updated drivers, uninstalled and re-installed, disconnected reconnected, and threw across the room... Just kidding... Help? Please?

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
  • The World's Happiest Uncle
    • Matt's English Adventures Blog
Re: Distorted Speakers!!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday June 14, 2008, 08:42:33 AM »
Dom,

A mate of mine had a similar problem, and she had inadvertently enabled some sort of voice cancelling feature. It was really distorting everything, and didn't do all that godd a job at cancelling the vocals  ???

Matt
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
The Doppler Effect - Why bad ideas seem good when they are coming towards you at high speed. Don't rush things!!!

Offline Dominius

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Saturday June 14, 2008, 09:17:15 AM »
Cheers dude, ive ahd a look around all the settings i can find and every type of alteration is set to default or off..... Its a pain in the ass when all you want to do is be able to hear peoples voices when your playing a game. How else am i supposed to figure out what they are saying when there are no subtitles!!!!!

Offline Rich85

• Registered member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday June 24, 2008, 10:53:09 PM »
I had a similar problem back in the days of '98, probably a completely different issue but this one was caused by an IRQ conflict, I changed the IRQ that the soundcard was using in the BIOS (onboard sound) and it worked perfectly!

If you've already tried uninstalling & re-installing the sound drivers, I'd say it's worth a look in the BIOS (if you have onboard sound that is) to check that you haven't got anything non-sensical pertaining to the integrated sound chipset in there. Just a thought...