Author Topic: any good experience with Omega 3 ?  (Read 2867 times)

Offline bongi2222

• Registered member
any good experience with Omega 3 ?
« on: Saturday March 29, 2008, 03:55:54 PM »
Does anyone have good experience with Omega 3 supplements in eczema / dermatitis ?
How long does it take to get results if any from such supplements ? ???

Offline itchychick

• Global Moderator
  • Peachy Sunshine
Re: any good experience with Omega 3 ?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday March 30, 2008, 03:10:21 PM »
Hi there bongi,

I have noticed that omega 3 supplementation helps the overall condition of my skin, making me feel less dry generally.  It helps when I take them in conjunction with a good diet, lots of sleep, etc - basic stuff in keeping yourself healthy.  Unfortunately, I don't find that they stop the itchy attacks which begin the eczema cycle, but I have noticed if my skin is less dry and sensitive, I don't react quite as badly to the itchiness when I do scratch (if you know what I mean?)

I found that it took several weeks before I noticed a difference once I started taking the supplements.

Offline Aquababe241

• SkinCell God
Re: any good experience with Omega 3 ?
« Reply #2 on: Friday May 30, 2008, 07:34:47 PM »
Funny you should mention omega 3s.  Thought flaxseed oil was the way to go, but upset the oil balance of my skin and it's gone into flakey overdrive now.

Try to get the oils from your foods and go real easy on the oil supplements.  It works out more expensive to get supplements as you need a lot to make a difference.  For example, 10g of evening primrose oil may sound a lot - 10 capsules a day, but that only works out to be half a tablespoon!!

Avocados, fish, kefir from raw goat's milk, whole flax seeds ground in a coffee mill, sunflower seeds are better ways to get your oils and the you'll notice a difference, especially if you have an avocado a day... with a huge 9 variety veg salad....

Or you could try this recipe if you don't like veg...1 banana, 1/2 avocado, juice 3 sticks of celery and 4 carrots, 1 green apple, juice of lemon to taste and coconut oil, sunflower seed sprouts (just seeds soaked overnight)

Blend in your very nice blender til smooth...tastes very nice, as the lemon juice brings out the flavour of the apple, banana, apple mix....

Make enough for 2 large glasses and go to bed...check out your complexion in the morning and voila!! :laugh:
It's really nice to be free, free to be me
I'd rather be free and happy
Than nobody and sad