Author Topic: Broken up text  (Read 4662 times)

Offline Blue Bird

• SkinCell Grand
  • Lyricist
Broken up text
« on: Wednesday March 05, 2008, 05:09:08 PM »
  Greetings Administrators,
 I seem to be having a problem with posting a full paragraph of text. It seems that when I post anything longer than a few sentences, the text breaks up where it will, and gives my postings an odd,  chopped up appearance.

My only guess is that maybe I am hitting the enter (or return) key on my keyboard before the correct time. However, try as I may, I can not fix it. Even if I try to modify it and make it look right, I still have broken up text. It looks correct when I type it, it even looks fine when I hit modify, but it is not in line with the appearance of the text that  I am trying to post.

Do you have any suggestions for keeping my paragraphs and lines of text in a more standard form so that I can stop posting paragraphs and lines of text that are all chopped up?

Thanks in advance.

When we understand that there is no up without a down,no over without an under, no good without a bad, no light without dark, no hot without cold, no yes without a no, we understand wholeness, and we cease to be disturbed, distressed, or perplexed by the illusion of anything less than wholeness.

Offline Nick

• SkinCell Friend
  • SkinCell buddy
    • SkinCell
Re: Broken up text
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday March 05, 2008, 07:26:10 PM »
Hi Blue Sky,

I really need "copy and pasted" examples of before and after text so I can make any determination.

If it happens again can you send copies of each to my email address please.

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
  • The World's Happiest Uncle
    • Matt's English Adventures Blog
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday March 05, 2008, 08:03:48 PM »
Hi der Blue

I'm not entirely sure on this point, but I don't think you have to press enter at the end of each line of text as the forum will automatically do it to match the screen the pages are being viewed on.

Matt
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
The Doppler Effect - Why bad ideas seem good when they are coming towards you at high speed. Don't rush things!!!

Offline Nick

• SkinCell Friend
  • SkinCell buddy
    • SkinCell
« Reply #3 on: Thursday March 06, 2008, 08:12:47 AM »
Well spotted Matt. I didn't pick up on that.
Matt is right Blue Sky, you shouldn't use [Enter] at the end of each character line when entering your messages, just keep typing as a normal sentence and the text will automatically scroll for you. That way, when you use [enter] key it will record it as a new line, use [enter][enter]. and you will get a new paragraph just the same as if you were using MS Word :)

Offline Blue Bird

• SkinCell Grand
  • Lyricist
« Reply #4 on: Sunday March 09, 2008, 05:51:30 AM »
   "Der" Nick and Matt,
 I'll see if that advice works. If I make a long post again, on here, then I'll be able to tell if that will work.  If I do, I won't hit the enter key so often.

I appreciate the advice, Thank you.
When we understand that there is no up without a down,no over without an under, no good without a bad, no light without dark, no hot without cold, no yes without a no, we understand wholeness, and we cease to be disturbed, distressed, or perplexed by the illusion of anything less than wholeness.