Author Topic: (alternative)wet wrappin procedure that has worked for us  (Read 2761 times)

Offline rachel1

(alternative)wet wrappin procedure that has worked for us
« on: Monday February 11, 2008, 06:08:16 PM »
ok so i have been asked a few times about how and what i do for the wet wrappin process so you have probably seen this awncer a few times i just thought if it had its own thread then it might help someone.

please remmember this is the way i was shown by a medic i am not a trained derm and therefore take no responsibility if you do it wrong.
also this is for a four year old child the adult procedure may be completley different.
right boring bit over here goes.

first bathe using the cream given by your derm for the bath (personally we dont use this because it irotates her so we have to use 1 scoop 50 50 cream mixed with the water but this is not reccomended unless you are really bad)

then pat dry the skin and remove any flakey bits
check for signs of infection
if no infection is present you

should look like this

then you apply the epaderm (or the equivelent) use loads of this because you want the legs/arms/trunk to stay wet when you apply the bandages.
then add the first layer of tubifast (normaly you wet these first but because of the severity of laurens condition we couldnt do that)

once you have applied the first layer you then add another layer of epaderm over the top (this must be thick because it has to stay wet overnight)
then add another layer of tubifast and it should look like this

there you go job done then pick them up and take them off to bed (remmember because you have used epiderm instead of water and normal emolients movement WILL be restricted)

bunnie

Re: (alternative)wet wrappin procedure that has worked for us
« Reply #1 on: Monday February 11, 2008, 08:25:16 PM »
Just so that others adult or children know, this can be used on any severe broken skin. If a steroid ointment has been prescribed, put this on first, then start the dressing procedure.
Thanks for that rachel, I hope it helps other mums in a similar situation, or indeed adults.
Well done!
Bunnie

Offline rachel1

Re: (alternative)wet wrappin procedure that has worked for us
« Reply #2 on: Monday February 18, 2008, 02:23:11 PM »
hi bunnie i hope it does help others i remmember when i first started on wet wrapping it was so confusing