Author Topic: Calling all Granuloma Annulare sufferers  (Read 79897 times)

Offline RJGirlything

• Registered member
Re: Calling all Granuloma Annulare sufferers
« Reply #40 on: Friday April 04, 2014, 03:20:02 AM »
Hi there, I'm new the forum (from Sydney, Australia) - had GA for 2.5 years - a very mild case - but for the first time I have a new lesion growing in a visible place... and so my vanity has led me to google treatments of GA.

Have any of you tried cutting out gluten? I have read a lot of cases where it has helped - hoping some of you might have had some experiences with cutting out gluten.

Offline MamaT

• Registered member
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday May 21, 2014, 02:49:02 PM »
Hi all GA sufferers. Has anyone tried Humira? I have had a severe case of GA for 3years I tried everything until finally we decided to try the Humira shots last year. After 5 months the lesions were flat, some of the discoloration had faded and no new lesions came up.  I stopped taking the shots and within 2 months the rash was back and spread like wildfire everywhere!  I am back on the shots for 4 months now and slowly the lesions are flattening and paling.  I remember having this on my hands sometimes in the summer as a child but if wasn't until I was 53 that it was widespread and biopsy.

I try not to go out uncovered because the stares and comments are hurtful, people don't know what it is but automatically reCt to the disfiguration.  I am feeling all GA sufferers from here in Atlanta Georgia

Offline wildferalfemme

• Registered member
« Reply #42 on: Thursday July 03, 2014, 06:12:22 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm a 53 year old woman, post-menopause for about 3 years and I have had what my dermatologist calls DISSEMINATED GA which I don't seem to see others talking about. About 4 years ago while in peri-menopause I developed 3 large circles on my belly, they were flat, not really bumpy, and about 4" across.  After 2+ years one circle faded, then over the next year the other 2 faded... all good but then, POW! I suddenly developed bumpy red circles on top of feet, hands, crooks of elbows (inside and out and I can't donate blood because the rash covers my veins now) and arms (especially near armpits), as well as huge spots on both hips and thighs.  They just sprang up within a couple of weeks and are now morphing and growing. I even have a few tiny bumps on my forehead so I'm terrified about getting it on my face.  My mom had psoriasis really bad which I know is hereditary but never suffered anything like this. Had a biopsy and saw 2 different dermos so I know it is GA and while I've wondered if gluten is an issue, I have ZERO food issues, not allergic to anything (been tested for all sorts of items), not diabetic and I never get sick from eating gluten so not sure if I could have celeriac disease if I feel fine?!  Just feels good to see others have this and it seems there really isn't much to be done to get rid of it. I'm glad I don't care what people think of my body anymore but it's just ugly and a little depressing, right?  Not interested in taking Humera (the "side effects" are about 45 seconds longer to recite than what the pill does) and cortisone cream does nothing so.... let's enjoy life in spite of our little circular bumpy friends!  Trouble

Offline Aquababe241

• SkinCell God
« Reply #43 on: Friday July 04, 2014, 02:01:14 AM »
Hi folks, this is a very interesting thread...I did not know that GA looks like ringworm as my son had something similar on the back of his neck.  My Mum said it was ringworm and he was treated by the doctors.

I really do not want him to suffer most of his life like I did and will have to teach him to prefer healthy natural food, fermented foods like goat milk kefir which replenishes the gut with healthy flora, thus enabling it to absorb the nutrients from food eaten.

GAPs and Paleo diets are good, but I tweak it by eating cooked yam tubers, sprouted beans and
, lentils, plenty of ripe raw plantain and now and then a food cheat (about 3 times a month).

My skin clears up very fast when drinking goats milk kefir, Moor Mud Bouquet by Moor Spa, wheatgrass juice, and aloe vera gel.

Since most of these foods are quite expensive, I try to rotate them, eg Wheatgrass 1 week, Kefir every other week, Moor Mud every other month and Aloe Vera gel everyday.  It works out to be about 200-250 monthly on top of my regular food bill of avocados, seeds, beans, lentils for sprouting, and vegetables for juicing.

I also eat about 10 raw eggs daily when I cannot afford avocados or when they are not ripe.

Canned sardines when I cannot afford salmon or mackerel.  The sardines normally canned in olive oil not tomato sauce mind!

I also love goats yoghurt and only eat blackberries, cherries, raspberries, bananas and apples for fruit.

I love making avocado smoothies and my fav recipe for complexion is carrot juice, 1 green apple, 1 medium avocado, juice of half a lemon, a slice of root ginger, and 1 banana or ripe plantain.

This is absolutely delish and whenever I have this on a regular basis for breakfast, my skin is glowing by the end of the week.

Another remedy I have researched and tried for skin health is something called Amaroli....I read Martha Christy's testimony online, Dr John Armstrong writings, and Sylvia Chandler.  I applied Amaroli and my skin healed at such a fast rate I am still reeling with surprise!

It does not have to to take years to heal skin issues!  I have been suffering from the dreaded E since 1994 with only 8 years in total remission in between.

It is only by following a GAPS or Paleo diet after gentle colon cleansing that my skin issues cleared up.

I really do not want my son to suffer what I went through and shall work on this...

I urge you to do the same - who wants to live with bad health?

It's really nice to be free, free to be me
I'd rather be free and happy
Than nobody and sad

Offline kool-Aid

• Registered member
« Reply #44 on: Monday November 20, 2017, 11:48:46 PM »
I have had GA for the last 2 years and I have decided not to treat it because I have been told it is only cosmetic. But, I have been trying to figure out what causes it and I think it is related to food allergies or gut bacteria. I have read glutton free diet has helped people cure their "spots" as I like to refer to them as. Has anyone noticed a change with their GA with a change of diet?

I think there is a correlation how sugars affect gut bacteria, gut bacteria affects an autoimmune function, which might activate GA. What do you think and does anyone have any experience in this.

My GA suddenly appeared after a few months of drinking a mostly liquid veggie juice diet without a lot of fiber. I have been reading about why the lower gut needs fiber and how the bacteria.

Offline MattGACreamCure

• Registered member
Possible Cream for a Cure
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday January 23, 2018, 10:25:41 PM »
Hello all.  As all of you here, I have had GA for about 7 years.  Started off small and has grown on the top of my right hand.  I have been experimenting with natural cures and I have developed a cream that I feel has promise.  I am taking before and during and after pictures so I hope to have this overcome and will let all know ASAP.  I too tried the doc route.  1st one had me with ringworm - wrong! Second had injections which worked for a month then came back.  For the last two years I have been working on my own natural cure and I think we got this. Keep the faith and patience and God Bless to all.

Matt