Author Topic: Calling all Granuloma Annulare sufferers  (Read 79562 times)

Offline gagoaway

• Registered member
Calling all Granuloma Annulare sufferers
« on: Friday February 08, 2008, 02:19:43 AM »
Hi!  I'm new here.  I've had granuloma annulare for twenty years (I'm 38 now).  I'm in good health with perfect blood sugar.  GA has been on my hands, forarms, shoulders, stomach, hips, buttocks, legs and feet. 

It disappeared magically during both my pregnancies (could it be related to hormones or caffeine or alcohol I avoided?).  I've tried a few things--cordran tape, ultravate (steroid) cream, cortisone shots, PUVA and I will be going on Dapsone if bloodwork comes back okay.  The PUVA cleared everything on my midsection and the cortisone shots cleared my hands.  Ultravate seems to work, but it thins my skin pretty badly and I need to be relentless with it.  Right now I just have GA on my shins (but they are totally covered).

Any other suggestions for those of us with this curse?  Any natural remedies?  Any thoughts on liver cleansing, alcohol, wheat, omega 3s or anything else?  I think I may try the apple cider vinegar thing to see what happens.

I did a search on the board and was hoping to get a more cohesive thread going regarding ANY successes with this dreaded condition!!!

Offline PaulBeck

• Registered SkinCell Member
Re: Calling all Granuloma Annulare sufferers
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday February 13, 2008, 05:14:05 PM »
 :hi:  Hi gagoaway!  Welcome to SkinCell!
I don't know anything about granuloma annulare, but happened upon your post and was surprised to see that you haven't even gotten a single 'Welcome!' in almost a week.  Having been around this forum for some time I think I speak for many when I say 'Hi!' for all.
  I also did a brief search and discovered:
Member 'songinmyheart54' was prescribed Dapsone and stated that it worked.  This member hasn't been active on the boards for over 2 years though.
Here's a link to that thread:  http://www.skincell.org/community/index.php/topic,10230.0.html
  Member 'Desmond2' was prescribed 10mg Acetretin, stated that it didn't work, but stated he'd only been on it for 6 weeks.  This drug may take several months before showing a positive result during which time the condition may get worse before it begins to improve.  Desmond2 got no response to his post and has not been active for almost 4 years on the boards.  Here's the link to that post:
http://www.skincell.org/community/index.php/topic,7211.0.html
  Perhaps I've duplicated your own search efforts, but wanted to at least point out a couple of possibilities that might give you some relief.  Hope you're fruitful in your quest.  I'll PM this to you to make sure you see it, in case you haven't switched on email notifications.
Be Well, Safe & Happy!
Later!
K
Of all species on Earth, only humans are arrogant enough to believe they can actually OWN something.

Offline gagoaway

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Friday February 15, 2008, 07:41:32 PM »
It's me again.  Bloodwork came back okay and I will start Dapsone tomorrow.  I will chronicle any successes I have along the way for other GA sufferers looking for help.  Please, if you have this condition and noticed any improvement due to medication, diet or ANYTHING, please post a response!  GA sufferers will thank you!

BTW--sun definitely helps the appearance of spots on my legs (and only my legs).  So by the end of summer, my legs look almost normal. I'm not sure if the sun actually makes a difference, or if tanning just disguises the dusky coloring.

Offline jil

• Registered member
« Reply #3 on: Sunday February 24, 2008, 08:39:23 PM »
I have had GA for three years  mostly on my trunk forearms and legs and nothing  - every cream possible, drugs , sun treatment,cider vinegar  etc and had given up hope, but have for the last two months been taking black onion seeds (Kalonji or Nigella seeds) in fruit juice every morning. I can see a huge improvement not gone completely but miles better than before .  I am now very positive about it disappearing for good
Will keep you posted on outcome.
Also thanks to this forum for making me feel I am not alone in my problem.
Jil

Offline karan

• Registered member
« Reply #4 on: Monday March 31, 2008, 12:01:56 PM »
Hi!  I'm new here.  I've had granuloma annulare for twenty years (I'm 38 now).  I'm in good health with perfect blood sugar.  GA has been on my hands, forarms, shoulders, stomach, hips, buttocks, legs and feet. 

It disappeared magically during both my pregnancies (could it be related to hormones or caffeine or alcohol I avoided?).  I've tried a few things--cordran tape, ultravate (steroid) cream, cortisone shots, PUVA and I will be going on Dapsone if bloodwork comes back okay.  The PUVA cleared everything on my midsection and the cortisone shots cleared my hands.  Ultravate seems to work, but it thins my skin pretty badly and I need to be relentless with it.  Right now I just have GA on my shins (but they are totally covered).

Any other suggestions for those of us with this curse?  Any natural remedies?  Any thoughts on liver cleansing, alcohol, wheat, omega 3s or anything else?  I think I may try the apple cider vinegar thing to see what happens.

I did a search on the board and was hoping to get a more cohesive thread going regarding ANY successes with this dreaded condition!!!

Hello , I am also a suffer of this condition, mine started when I was about 28, i had given birth 2 months before and then noticed a small cirle of red on my ankle , i was told it was a rash, it never went away but got bigger, i was told it was GA and that as it did not cause me any harm not to worry about it. THATS OK for them to say it then spread to my legs, hands and all over my feet, a bit on my neck by my spine and under my arms.  Well i tried every cream from the hospital going and cortisone injection, puva (WHICH I MIGHT ADD WAS THE WORST THING I EVER DID GAVE ME SECONDS OF LITTLE BROWN SPOTS TO ADD TO THE MISERY) had two biopsys just to confirm, i have tried the lot. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT  when i hurt my back and slipped my disc i was given steriond injections into my spine and guess what it all went away for aprox 6 months but only to come back.  When i fell pregnant again it all went away,(I have heard people report that this was the same for them) It came back and has stayed and just comes and goes, but when it comes back it is always in the same plece and looks horrid.

I have now given up going to the hospital I feel they do not really know what to do with us GA suffers, it is not going to kill us and most of the time (well for me never has it itched or hurt) it is under clothes so I feel I am just being a pain to them.

Sorry I can not be of any help I have now had this condition for 15yrs but please let me know if you find something that helps you.  ps being in the sun or out of it makes no difference to me, and i tried apple cider vinigar that i had to get from usa and nothing happened.
regards
karan

Offline Squibs

• Registered member
« Reply #5 on: Saturday April 05, 2008, 11:16:22 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've been reading about so many of you with ongoing GA problems and want to tell you about my experience.  About 4 years ago I had a rash on my ankle like a bite which wouldn't go away, then it turned ring like.  My doctor thought it was probably some form of ringworm and gave me a steroid cream.  It didn't do a thing, and after being given another cream which also did nothing, he informed me that I probably had Granuloma Annulare for which there was no cure.  He told me it would probably go away on it's own after a few months but did arrange for me to have a biopsy.  I waited, it got worse, gradually creeping around the front of my foot then on the other one and was unbearably itchy.  In desparation, I consulted a chinese herbalist.  She gave me a concoction of natural herbs which I had to boil up and drink twice a day (not very pleasant although you do get used to it) and acupunture.  Almost immediatly I noticed a change.  The rash became less angry and the itching lessened.  By the time I had the biopsy it had nearly disappeared.  Therefore the diagnosis of GA was never confirmed, but I am sure it was what I had.

I am reading about people who have had GA for many years and just wonder if this treatment could help any of you.  It is not cheap but it was so worth it.  My condition disappeared completely after just a few months and has never returned.  My doctor poo pooed the idea of me being cured by a chinese doctor, saying that it probably went of it's own accord anyway.  He did not like the fact that I went and told me to be wary as you don't know what are in these herbs, but you don't know what steroid creams and all these other treatments do to you long term either do you? and they don't even work.

I think we all should do what we think is best for us and I truly believe that chinese medicine is particularly interesting, as the  the patient is treated from within (balancing the meridians) rather than focusing on the actual problem skin area.

I am actually now seeing my lovely chinese doctor for menopausal problems which she also appears to be helping me with.

I hope this information might be useful. 

Offline Jenn1

• Registered member
« Reply #6 on: Friday April 11, 2008, 01:43:25 PM »
Hi I also suffer with GA i've had it for about 2 years now, it started with a couple of rings on my shin which grew and a lot more have appeared since.  I  had PUVA treatment last year because my dermatologist told me it was spreading "thick and fast" (which really upset me!) it seemed to help at the time but once i'd finished the treatment they have just started spreading again, but at the moment they are just appearing on my lower legs!  I am also using a steriod cream.  After reading the posts on here I have brought some Apple Cider Vinegar so hopefully I will notice an improvement with that - would be great to be able to get my legs out this summer!!!

Its great to see that there are others out there with this condition when I tell people what I have they just look at me with a blank expression. 

Has anyone tried covering there GA with a make-up? I've heard of dermacolour which is used to cover stretch marks/tattoos and wondered if it would be any good.  I have used fake tan but didn't really hide them.

Jenn.

Offline cierra2

• Registered member
« Reply #7 on: Saturday May 17, 2008, 08:11:04 PM »
I've had GA for 5 years. I have tried everything you can possibly think of,other than the chinese herbalist/acupuncture/ One thing worked,remicade,yet it has a high risk factor. I did not tolerate it well and to get insurance to cover it is a nightmare unless you have RA.
Humira has helped calm down the spots,some have gone,others linger. Neither remicade nor humira are cures,but of the 2,after 3 weeks many areas disappeared with remicade.
I have had 3 biopsys,been tested for everything under the sun and have done much research. It would be interesting to know if the chinese herbs would work without the acupuncture.
It seems to me that the dapsone,creams,steroids are a waste of time. Steroid shots thin your skin and cause atrophy.  Clays,hemmeroid cream,(yes we will try anything) tea tree oils, antibiotics..nothing helped other than what I mentioned at the beginning of this post. Naturally there are different kinds of GA,it all depends on the amount of spots, the biopsy histiology report and other factors. Mine is generalized. There is also GA related to bacteria/fungal..foreign body,etc. Be sure to have someone explain the aspects of the biopsy..which in itself helps the GA dissipate where it was taken. Unfortunately it usually returns in another area.

So, Squibs..where did you get the chinese herbalist from? Are you local to one or do you order? Do you know that GA will stay away once all is said and done? I'd be interested to know.

I'm an avid sun-bed tanner which helps hide some spots but get under flourescent lights and forget it! 

Doctors do not take the time or get the funding for something that doesn't seem to harm us,but do they really know? It's a fact that your skin is telling you that something is wrong..and perhaps it is just an immune system malfuntion,but something got it to that point of wanting to search and destroy something that supposedly isn;t there. GA (inflammation) is what protects us ..like with bites etc,and there has to be a reason our systems continue this process.

I better stop here before I write a book. Will check in later.

Offline alabasteraven

• Registered member
« Reply #8 on: Thursday June 12, 2008, 06:34:55 PM »
Hello,

I am new to this site, what a great resource! :)
My 4yr old son has been diagnosed with Granuloma Annulare. Initially thought to be ringworm until we went to the dermatologist. It was nice to know what it is, although frustrating as there is little to help the situation. He has it on his feet and legs with the ones on his feet being dime sized.
I know that basicaly it just doesn't look nice, but parents become concerned when they see it thinking that he has some type of contagious fungal infection.
I have tried all sorts of natural things over time and have found the small ones on his legs to have disappeared after applying a mixture of pure lavender essential oil mixed with oil of oregano (undiluted). I will continue to apply this on the larger ones with hope that in being larger they will just take more time to clear.
Pure essential oils are very strong and some people can react to them. If you were to try this, excersise extreme caution and patch test. I wouldn't normally attempt something like this on my child, but he didn't react in the patch test.
The vinegar solution sounds like its worth a try but I wonder if it would be palatable to my little guy?

I will post more if the rest clear up or if I find anything else.

~ A ~

Offline wildwitch

• Registered member
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday June 24, 2008, 10:02:55 PM »
Hi there - it has been a while since I logged onto the site - I am 38 and have had GA for almost 20 years - started on my shins and spread pretty much everywhere across my body - very large lesions in some places.  Only place that it avoided was my face and neck.

Mine too disappeared when I was pregnant but returned with avengeance as soon as I gave birth - you could almost watch them grow!

A couple of years ago I tried a detox diet and reduced the amount of wheat that I ate.  The GA did seem to be improving. Last October I was diagnosed with Coeliacs disease (an intolerance to Gluten) - this is hereditary in my family as my father and his sister were both diagnosed last summer.  Since cutting out all forms of gluten my GA is all but gone and within another couple of months I should be saying goodbye to it completely.

I did when I was younger try the steroids etc but I am a firm believer in the fact that your skin is telling you something about something going on inside - steroids do not provide a cure although they may mask the symptoms short term.

I do not know if the Gluten is the cause of my GA (it could feasibly be hormonal given my pregnancy clear up and my age now) but it would be worthwhile getting tested for Coeliacs at your GP - they can do an antibody test initially.

Hope that you all get sorted.

x

Offline BUNKOO

• Registered member
« Reply #10 on: Saturday September 20, 2008, 12:13:17 AM »
hi im new to this site...i was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with GA at the age of 33 yrs old,kinda confused as  to what or how this happened. dermotologist injected it with medicine which seems to be shrinking it.any info would greatly be appreciated

Offline mel1313

• Registered member
« Reply #11 on: Saturday February 28, 2009, 06:39:10 PM »
Hi there!
I too have GA. I got a small bug bite looking spot on my knee about two years ago. For about a year I never even thought twice about it. About 8 month ago it started spreading and I went to 5 doctors and was finally diagnosed with GA. I started with cortisone shots into the spots and it worked but left horrible scars and now have to many to treat that way. Creams, foam and sprays to follow, no help. Within a few month it has spread from just my knee to my outer thighs, feet and ankles, elbow and arms and the back of my legs. Oh and my ear, eeeekkkk, too close to the face! All about dime size, all surrounded by "new tiny ones". It is devastating for me that no one has any answers, and I live in Arizona so being a young single mom that has to wear pants and long sleeves is uncomfortable not to mention hot. How do all of you accept that you have this? I recently did some research and a doctor did a study on 45 people with GA, of the 45 25 had been bitten by a cat and received a tetanus shot after the bite. I was bit by a cat 3monts before this bump on my knee and was in the hospital for a week. Maybe that's where I got it from? I never get sick so it cant be my immune system right?
Just searching for anything I guess, and all of the doctors Ive seen are insensitive, and they know squat about GA. Its funny, my derm says oh it is sooo common. Well then why haven't i heard of it or EVER met anyone with it? Ok, thanks for letting me vent. Comforting to know there is other people out there, like me :)
mel1313

Offline rkb

• Registered member
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday May 20, 2009, 05:04:22 PM »
I have had ga now for 3 years.  I am a 44 year old diabetic and have been to two derms and many times to my regular doctor.  The sun bothers mine and will make it turn blood red and itch.  I have found a couple of things that help, Aveeno with oatmeal and menthol and tinactin spray and I also go to my nail salon and they rub my legs with a menthol lotion and do the warm towel wrap it helps soothe it and it fades.  The Aveeno is the only lotion I can find with the menthol and it really helps.  Someone told me to try emu oil.  Has anyone tried that?  I am tempted since the tinactin spray helps to try a cream for yeast infections.  I am finding that when I eat yogurt it seems to fade and when I stop it comes back.  My derm thinks I am nuts.  I have also noticed that when I am on antibiotics it goes away.  I had to take Cipro 500 mg for 10 days x 2 and it went away completely and then a month later it was back. 

Offline kray

• Registered member
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday May 26, 2009, 09:58:09 PM »
I'm 47 and have had generalized GA for about 10 years now.   Started out as a semi-circle on my wrist, and was treated with cortisone injections.   It came back, and over time, it has become generalized or disseminated GA covering about 70% of my body.   Over the last 3 years, I've had multiple cortisone injections in the lesions (about 70 needle sticks in the areas) every 3 months.   Also, dapsone, prescription cortisone spray, went off dairy and red meat for a year on the advice of a naturopath.    I really believe that the cortisone injections seem to make things spread and my skin is really thin.   Where the red spots and rings have deflated, the tiny bumps look like deflated balloons or stretch marks.

ANYWAY>>>>  to make a long story short, I was diagnosed with low vitamin D levels after routine blood work.   My dr prescribed taking D3 400 iu daily.   Did this until the bottle ran out.   During that time I had pretty dramatice lessening of the redness and raised areas, but didn't really make the connection because GA can spontaneously resolve.   After about 3 weeks of stopping the Vitamin D, the GA came back with a venegance.   I have just started back, but now take D3 2000 twice daily, along with 2 fish oil supplements and after about 10 days on this, things have started going into remission again (for me, nothing makes it go away forever).    also started rubbing preparation H on the tops of my hands since I recently read about that on another forum.   Since its a vasoconstrictor, it takes the red out, but not the rings.   

Offline radar

• Registered member
« Reply #14 on: Friday June 05, 2009, 12:54:59 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've been reading about so many of you with ongoing GA problems and want to tell you about my experience.  About 4 years ago I had a rash on my ankle like a bite which wouldn't go away, then it turned ring like.  My doctor thought it was probably some form of ringworm and gave me a steroid cream.  It didn't do a thing, and after being given another cream which also did nothing, he informed me that I probably had Granuloma Annulare for which there was no cure.  He told me it would probably go away on it's own after a few months but did arrange for me to have a biopsy.  I waited, it got worse, gradually creeping around the front of my foot then on the other one and was unbearably itchy.  In desparation, I consulted a chinese herbalist.  She gave me a concoction of natural herbs which I had to boil up and drink twice a day (not very pleasant although you do get used to it) and acupunture.  Almost immediatly I noticed a change.  The rash became less angry and the itching lessened.  By the time I had the biopsy it had nearly disappeared.  Therefore the diagnosis of GA was never confirmed, but I am sure it was what I had.

I am reading about people who have had GA for many years and just wonder if this treatment could help any of you.  It is not cheap but it was so worth it.  My condition disappeared completely after just a few months and has never returned.  My doctor poo pooed the idea of me being cured by a chinese doctor, saying that it probably went of it's own accord anyway.  He did not like the fact that I went and told me to be wary as you don't know what are in these herbs, but you don't know what steroid creams and all these other treatments do to you long term either do you? and they don't even work.

I think we all should do what we think is best for us and I truly believe that chinese medicine is particularly interesting, as the  the patient is treated from within (balancing the meridians) rather than focusing on the actual problem skin area.

I am actually now seeing my lovely chinese doctor for menopausal problems which she also appears to be helping me with.

I hope this information might be useful. 

Interesting that you mentioned Chinese medicine.  I just read an article about Chi, which is some type of Chinese treatment (acupuncture?) improving the autoimmune system.  I have also read that Granuloma Annulare is an autoimmune disorder.  I'm thinking of trying this Chi procedure and will report my experience, good or bad.  Also, I just recently witnessed a skin disorder that was cured by apply castor oil directly to the skin. I'm determined to get rid of this mess, which has been on my hands, arms, neck and may be going to my face. I can't tell just yet if the bumps on my face are just adult acne or the beginning of this mess.  Please keep the posts coming.  I drink a lot of diet sodas, and my sister swears that is the culprit.  I've often wondered if that is a common denominator.

Offline bernnebez

• Registered member
« Reply #15 on: Friday July 30, 2010, 06:15:20 PM »
It might be related to your hormone so it was disappeared during your pregnancy. Anyway, spray tanning would be best for some easier option that some other practices.
My online tanning

Offline gabanks

• Registered member
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday April 26, 2011, 07:06:01 PM »
Hi all my name is Donna and Ive suffered with granuloma Annulare for 19 years now, I have recently been trying to find new treatments to try to clear my complaint.  i eat a well balanced diet exercise and am not over weight if anything I may still be a little underweight.

When I first went to the doctors when 11 it was just a small amount on my foot and on my knee, both sections looked completly different he referred me to my local hospital as he had never seen anything like it before, when I went to the hospital I had loads of doctors looking at me as no-one had seen it before.  They tried to freeze a section of it - This made it worse!

I then used make-up suggested by another hospital to try and cover it up as no other treatment was known by doctors at time, I did this until I fell pregnant - IT COMPLETLEY DISSAPEARED as soon as my baby was born it appeared again worse!

I then tried the ultra violet treatment this made it fade a little but was still noticeable and took along time to see any results!

I then became pregnant again, and again it completley dissapeared and once again once baby was born it came back worse again.

I then tried using sun beds, it made it fade but as soon as I didnt go it flared up again.

I then gave up for ages wore clothes that covered it and dealt with people asking what it is! I noticed that it would be worse in the cold winter months and fade slightly in the warmer summer months

I have this complaint on the following both feet very severe and extremley noticeable, elbow, lower leg, knee, bra strap area, thighs and bottom. It is rarely itchy and doesnt look like standard granuloma annulare either

Now that the sun is out again it would be nice to feel comfortable in a bikini something I have never been able to do!

I am currently taking vitamin E 400IU Vitamin B and aloa vera gel

I have also been looking in to taking the following vitamin D, zinc, calcium vitamin a, cortisone cream, zileuton 2400, raw applecider vinegar and going on a wheat free diet.  Has anyone experienced any success with any off these?

If anyone could help or if anyone wants to talk about there Granuloma annulare please just shout  :)

Offline albert1

• Registered member
« Reply #17 on: Monday July 04, 2011, 02:31:39 PM »
 I've been suffering with GA for over 10 years on my neck and lately it appeared on my shoulders and arm. I have two medications that I use and they are quite effective, the names are Betaderm 0.5% cream, and a lotion called Elocom 0.1%, using either twice daily keeps the GA at bay and helps with appearance. I get this through my Doctor with prescriptions.

Offline RainForestDweller

• Registered member
  • Dog gone happy.
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday July 13, 2011, 11:10:01 PM »
My husband had this growing on his lower leg and foot and the doctor recommended treating it with steroids, which I forbade my husband to do... The following year I went on a strict candida diet and put my husband on it too.  It was very conforming and strict but within 3 months his GA was gone and has never come back.  Worth a thought, but you have to be strict, with no cheating when you go this route, to see if it will work for you too.  It sure beats steroids which can have a terrible long term impact on skin.

Offline MissAmy

• Registered member
« Reply #19 on: Friday August 12, 2011, 03:39:03 PM »
Hi all - I'm new to this forum but have been reading it to see if there is anything I can try to help my Granuloma Annulare. I've had spots on my upper arms for years and have tried all kinds of prescribed medications. The only one that seems to work pretty well is Cordran (spelling?) Tape. But it's a bit of a pain to apply and it irritates the skin around my legions. I've just started to embark on the Apple Cider thing (yesterday) so I'll report back soon. I've just discovered two small bumps under my chin above my neck but otherwise I don't have a wide spread of the GA. Thanks to everyone who posts here - although I'd not wish this on anyone, it is nice to have others who have this problem and share advice.

Amy

Offline lizgoodman

• Registered member
« Reply #20 on: Friday September 23, 2011, 05:31:23 PM »
Hi all - I'm 60 and I've had GA for about 3 years. I keep waiting for it to go away by itself (like all the literature says...) but after reading many, many people's stories, it seems like it's here it stay. I have many, many round raised circles and individual bumps on my chest, shoulders, back of my neck, elbows, face (sigh) and arms. Nothing else except a small ring on my left thigh which has never gotten worse. It spread like wildfire when I first got it, but seems to have stabilized but never diminishes. I've been told by two derms and a Chinese medicine practitioner that it is an immune disorder that it caused by stress. I have no reason to doubt that because I have been through some unbearable life changing experiences since my husband died in 2003. I keep trying to eliminate excess stress, but apparently I've been unsuccessful. I tried PUVA with no results except a bad sunburn, tried topicals with no luck, and drew the line at taking some other med that is toxic to the liver. I also have tried accupuncture and Chinese herbs. I can live with the disfigurement, but I would rather not. I wish I could show off my cleavage again, though. It was my best feature and now is the most disfigured. Mostly I just ignore it. I have had very few comments about it, with the one exception of one nurse who looked horrified and asked me if I was contagious!  So I guess it's more evident to me than to others. I don't know how that's possible, though, because the lesions on my chest are bright red... So, anyway, I am glad to be here and to meet people who understand intimately what this is like... Liz

Offline tiggy

• Registered member
« Reply #21 on: Saturday October 15, 2011, 08:39:43 AM »
Hi LIz

I am a 49 yr old woman living in New Zealand. I have had disseminated GA for 3 years now and am at my wits end. I read your story and can really relate it to my experiences. I have tried 2 short courses of Isotretinoin but hated the side effects so have stopped taking it (am wondering if that is the drug that you chose not to take?). I am currently trying acupuncture and Chinese herbs. I find Dermatologists pretty useless and a waste of money. I feel that stress is a big part of the disease as my job is very demanding but there is not an awful lot that I can do about that at present. It really is an awful condition and I am dreading the warmer weather as I will be unable to wear short trousers or Tee shirts as my arms and legs are covered with lesions. Thanks for reading this. Always good to learn that I am not alone with the condition. I haven't met anyone here with it.
Tiggy

Offline carito3183

• Registered member
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday November 02, 2011, 07:57:03 PM »
Hi,
I am new in the forum and found it because I was looking up for more information about this disorder. My firts spot appear about 14 months ago. I have been to 3 different dermatoligists in Argentina and have done 2 biopsias. Despite in them the result seems to be hives, they believe what is wrong is the diagnose. After taking some pills for the hives, which did nothing, they diagnose me with the granuloma annulare. They have given me some creams with vitamin E but nothing seems to work. At first I have 4 small spots on my legs (upper level) and now the spots get bgger and bigger and have almost gone through both of my legs (up and low section) and new spots are beginnig to appear in my arms. The doctors told me I should relax since they will vanish within 1 to 2 years, but it has been 14 months and the spot do not go away,in fact they get bigger, expand and new ones appear. I do not know whether it has something to do with my lifestyle or my eating habbits- I tend to have a lot of cereals and pasta on my meal, becuase I do excersise a lot, but maybe now my body is not reacting properly to this kind of food anymore. I have read some of the post in which people started a diet with no wheat, did this work? What we have is related to celiacs..we need to start eating gluten free stuff, or just dropping the carbs and wheat? Please advice me what should I do, since I do not want this to go further. The doctors see me every two months but they can not tell me why I am getting worse instead of healing or remain in a satus quo which suppose to be the case. They do not want me to take more pills becuase they say the side effects on my kidneys could not be worth it since after all this is a disorder with an esthethic impact and not a health impact..but what they seem to not understand is that I suffer because I see my body mutuating every month.
In my case the hot weather seems to worsen the spots. They do not itch but the skin becomes more uneven when you touch it. It looks like porous or like if I had acne or something like that on my legs...i have a mis of big circles and small tiny ones that gather totgether and make one big. The sunburn may hide thema liitle bit but my doctor says i should avoid the sun because the spots will take much longer to go away once they were exposed to the sun...do not know whether i should believe it or not.

Offline mes12

• Registered member
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday July 24, 2012, 05:51:17 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum but am comforted to see that I'm not alone in this suffering. I've had GA for 7 years now, and like many of you have been very frustrated with doctors and dermatologists telling me it's benign so there's nothing they can do.  I am currently using a topical corticosteroid spray, Clobex, and have found that in about 8 weeks some of the plaques go away or at least fade temporarily, but 2-3 months afterward most of them return and even spread. It is an endless cycle of seeming success, only to be followed again by disappointment and frustration.

I know some of you haven't posted on here in a long time but I'm very curious to hear how some of your alternative treatments went, especially the black onion seeds, apple cider vinegar, vitamin D3, and lavender/oregano oil?  PLEASE, I am desperate for any and all advice.  The lesions started on my feet when I was a teenager and have now spread to my thighs, knees, buttocks, hips, shoulder, finger, and now maybe my elbow. 

Thank you for your help, and good luck to all of you!

Offline ebri

• Registered member
« Reply #24 on: Saturday August 04, 2012, 10:01:58 PM »
Hi all,
I am new to this post also. I have had disseminated granuloma annulare for 10 years with no remission. It presents as generalized bumps  everywhere except my face and tops of forearms. It is distressing because of it's extent, that it's slightly itchy all the time, doesn't go away, and is unsightly. Can't wear shorts in summer; people have asked "what are those red bumps on your legs?"  Dr. prescribed Tazorac cream, but I would have to use it on my whole body. Sunlight doesn't help. I am a 60 yr. old female with hypothyroidism. Not sure if I'd tolerate the vinegar, but willing to try. Have been on Plaquenil to no avail. Glad to have this forum. Can't talk to people without it because they are afraid it's contagious or creeps them out. I'm discouraged, thought it might go away after all this time.

Offline HezzieQ

• Registered member
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday October 10, 2012, 11:25:01 AM »
Hello All
I have just registered. I'm from Australia. I found this site after googling Granuloma Annulare. Fortunately I only have a mild case which I developed about 2 years ago on my right forearm. At first I thought it was ringworm but my chemist suggested I see my GP about it. She hadn't come across these little lesions before so decided to cut one out (ouch) and she sent it to the biopsy lab. The lesion was subsequently diagnosed as Granuloma Annulare.
I was referred to a skin specialist who prescribed Diprosone.
Now here's the thing. I was to apply it sparingly then cover the lesion with an "advanced healing" bandaid which is designed to stay on several days, acting like an instant scab, and keeps out the air. If the lesion had not disappeared I was to repeat the steps until it had disappeared - which it did!!
The bandaid in effect suffocated the granuloma annulare so it dies, aided by the ointment. I have been free of granuloma annulare since early 2011 - until now. So, I'm undertaking the same treatment.

I hope this information helps someone.

Offline Kimberley

• Registered member
« Reply #26 on: Monday November 26, 2012, 10:59:26 PM »
Oh this ugly disease is the bane of my existence. I feel like a leper. I'm from Sydney Australia and recently flew to New York to the Manhattan Dermatology Center. I was injected with cortisone at a cost of $700 and still no improvement. Have lathered myself in Diprosone to no avail. I rubbed Apple Cider Vinegar into the leg rings - which proceeded to bleed, scab, then return to angry red raised Granuloma. I have an underactive thyroid so I started meds as well as supplements. I quit sugar and live a sugar-free life. Still no improvement! Next on the list is Chinese medicine as dermatologists are for the birds.

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
  • Administrative Bleeper!
  • Token Nutcase :D
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday November 28, 2012, 03:24:20 AM »
Kimberly, that sounds awful!! I've heard of Chinese treatments that really do help some people... and I hope you're one of them. Sounds like you really have tried everything else!

I hope you enjoyed New York. That's a long way to go for treatment!
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline Am61

• Registered member
« Reply #28 on: Thursday November 29, 2012, 07:08:11 PM »
Has anyone else with GA ever been on doxycycline and if so did it help your lesions.  I was given doxycycline an antibiotic because I have a sinus infection starting taking them Monday and today have noticed that my GA is fading somewhat, trouble is only have couple more days left of medication  ???
What to do what to do??
Smile it's infectious!

Offline Am61

• Registered member
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday December 26, 2012, 01:18:21 PM »
Well to carry on from above post, I went back to GP and took her an article I found on doxycycline and GA, a lady had been treated for 10 weeks with almost complete resolution of her GA even after 1 year follow up. My GP agreed to try me on it, I'm 5 and a half weeks into course and unfortunately I don't think it is working, some are fading but for everyone fading I have one or two more starting  :( oh well back to the drawing board, trying some protopic ointment now, very diddly though as I have loads of the lesions on my arms neck and shoulders lol!
Smile it's infectious!

Offline lindakelly19078

• Registered member
« Reply #30 on: Sunday December 30, 2012, 02:55:16 PM »
I have Had GA since I was 2.  I am now 30.  I have them on my hands, elbows, inner arms and feet.  The areas on my arms and hands are getting worse.  I think that I might start go to my dermo and start treatment.  I am worried that it may get worse and I should just leave them alone.  Any suggestions?

Offline Am61

• Registered member
« Reply #31 on: Sunday December 30, 2012, 03:56:50 PM »
Hi Lindakelly19078, I would think that if you had had GA for so long it would have gotten much worse by now if it was going too, I have only had it for 4/5 years and this year has been the worst, usually mine goes in the winter months but this year I am still producing new ones, I think mine is related to my stress levels as has been a stressful year so I am hoping 2013 will be a better one for me and mine and for in fact everyone!  I have generalised GA which is difficult to treat anyway so I think the derms are just trying out stuff, if this cream doesn't work I am going to just leave it, try and reduce stress levels and possibly see a herbalist as proprietary stuff isn't cutting it, wait and see though first.

Happy new year  :)
Smile it's infectious!

Offline Am61

• Registered member
« Reply #32 on: Saturday January 12, 2013, 08:07:22 AM »
Carrying on from above post, took antibiotics for 7 weeks, not really subsiding much more and new ones still appearing, have been using protopic 0.1% ointment, slow but sure they are disappearing and new ones haven't really developed into anything.  However one lesion on my shoulder which I purposely haven't used ointment on is fading too so debatable whether its time of year fading or the ointment or both? Well as long as they are on the retreat that's all I care about

Has anyone else used protopic (tacrolimus) ointment? Results?
Smile it's infectious!

Offline jayned

• Registered member
« Reply #33 on: Thursday January 17, 2013, 06:48:45 PM »
I have had granuloma annulare since I was 10.  It all started when I was around 10 around my ankles and backs of my thighs.  A few years later it disappeared completely.  For years it had disappeared until I started getting pregnant at 26.  I had about 7 pregnancies in total but out of that had 2 successful births.  Anyway, the spots have returned ever since I first became pregnant and after my last successful pregnancy (gave birth Sep 2012) they have spread everywhere!  Started off on my forearms, then spread to chest, tummy and legs.  So from this I can only assume that its due to hormonal fluctuations - from going through puberty at 10 to pregnancies in my 20s.  And from looking at previous entries pregnancy is a common theme.  So it has to be hormonal?  I went to see a dermatologist which cost the earth only for a confirmation of the diagnosis and not much hope for fixing it, especially in my child bearing years apparently.  I asked her whether she had heard of the condition in relation to hormones and she hadn't.  There doesn't seem to be any research out there about the correlation.  Would be so interesting to see some research in the future.  And so I am resigned to the fact that while I am still breastfeeding, it will only get worse. 

Offline petechap

• Registered member
« Reply #34 on: Monday April 01, 2013, 12:21:28 PM »
Hi,
My name is Pete and I am a 40's very fit professional guy from England now living in Florida. I had really bad GA for years and tried virtually everything topical as well as dietary. My skin specialist said I was the worst case she'd ever seen. I was even put on a brief course of a leprosy medicine that still makes me sick when in direct sunlight 4 years on. My condition got me down especially as my  job requires me to "look the part" and be the picture of health and he is me with lesions almost covering my entire body, thankfully my face was left unnaffected.
I finally started getting treatment from a holisdtic health professional. We looked at all blood work and did a very expensive array of nutritional allergy testes as well as the defining test which was a stool sample to check for parasites. The results were very interesting. First I had a very low testosterone count, which when corrected made me feel better immediately and did help the skin somewhat. There were plenty of foods that weere caisung mild allergic reactions, and stopping these foods helped too. But it wasn't until we got the results of the parasite test that the breakthrough came. It turned out I had bleeding cysts in my intestines cause by a very severe and long running micro parasitic infection which was in effect life threatening. Again I was the worst case they had ever seen in terms of the scale of the infection and how low my intestinal immunity had become.
 The parasites were cleared up with strong medication as well as nutritional tinctures and well as extensive rebuilding of my intestinal flora and enzymes which had been destroyed by the parasites. I suggest if you have not had this test to have it done and see if there are unfriendly little "beasties" inside you that are causing this condition. Usually a skin rash is the sign of something wrong inside not outside. Sure steroids work but they do not cure anything. I will help anyone I can with more info. Good luck.

Offline Linzdg

• Registered member
« Reply #35 on: Sunday April 07, 2013, 11:27:36 AM »
I've been suffering with bad granuloma annulare for over 10 years now and have seen several
dermatologists over the years, all of who have said there is no cure and it will go away naturally. However it has continued to get worse. I looked at various forums, many of which in the US, and saw that other people had cut out gluten and wheat following American doctors' advice. My sister is a coeliac (allergic to wheat gluten) and since it is genetic would make sense that I also might have some sort
of allergy. I cut out all wheat, gluten and barley a year ago and since then my granuloma annulare
has gone from horrible red rash rings all over my legs and hands to a barely noticeable skin colouredremnant. I think in another few months it will be gone completely! After cutting it out I also noticed I
was no longer constantly bloated, overweight and lethargic, so it seems the granloma was another
side-effect of a fairly serious food allergy. I'm not saying this will be the cure
for everyone, but I really think doctors need to give a lot better consideration to food allergies and
skin disorders as I've heard from other people that wheat gluten allergies have also been connected with psoriasis and eczema for them.  If I can also help anyone to avoid the distress that I have
suffered the past 10 years because I was told there was no cure and it was not a life threatening
disorder so I had nothing to worry about, when it was ruining my self-esteem and more importantly
when it seemed I have been badly allergic to certain food. I am eternally grateful it is not in itself a life threatening disorder, I do appreciate it could be a lot worse and I feel for those people suffering from such other horrible conditions, but I do not think that it is not a reason for doctors and specialists to
dismiss the condition. Especially as it seems it could be an indicator of coeliac disease which in itself IS potentially life threatening if not diagnosed. It would be great to hear from anyone who had the
same experience, or if you have GA and do not know what to do to get rid of it I really recommend
discussing food allergies with your doctor, and subsequently consider cutting out wheat and gluten
from your diet. This has to be fairly long term to work, unless you have only mild GA do not expect to see massive results in the first couple of months, but you may notice other differences in your body
such as weight loss or no bloating - you may discover you also have a food allergy! But if you do it
long-term over 6 months to a year you may notice a huge difference, as I am now. Best of luck to
everyone, hope you find something that works!

Offline owen

• Registered member
« Reply #36 on: Friday July 19, 2013, 12:33:01 AM »
Hi everyone, hope we can all cure the dreaded Granuloma's by this interaction. I'm 55 and my G Faciale started 2 weeks after a BCG therapy on Bladder tumors, fortunately the tumors have long gone but by fiddling around with my immune system, the granuloma's took hold. I still believe its a GA rather than a GF but biopsy's conclude its a GF.
Thank god someone invented the common Hat, as I am bald and my GF's are on top of my head and thankfully not on my face. the main one is approx 2inches across it and scabbed most of the time and bleeds very frequently, the other 3 are about one quarter of an inch and just a brown/red spots...Treatment has included, cortizone injections, red laser light, blue laser light, all types of creams & ointments but as I read here I too have drawn the line and will not take prequinol.? (spell checker needed.) , malaria drug which can have big time side effects on sight, liver, muscles, no thanks, Anyway, After failure upon failure of our medicines, I tried Apple cider vinegar and I must say that it has and is doing something which I think is destroying them.
I'm not only drinking it 2 and 3 times a day, I'm flooding a Fabric bandage with it and covering all GF's. The ACVinagar had no effect on the large one for 4 days, on the 5th day, WOW, it started to sting like you wouldn't believe, (vinegar on raw flesh ) i put up with it as long as i could stand, 10 days later and the outer redness has turned to a pale brown ... its not cured but I feel as though I have finally had a small win after nearly 3yrs of constantly wearing a hat everywhere day and night. As for the smaller GF's, the ACVinegar takes a layer of skin off after awhile and they did start to sting slightly after a week or more. I leave the bandages on overnight and replace them each and every morning, they are covered 24/7 with ACVinegar for as long as I can put up with the pain. I now give them a rest for 3-4days before starting again. It's working..:)   

Offline Darkdreamz

• Registered member
« Reply #37 on: Sunday September 08, 2013, 06:24:49 PM »
I've got the same issue lately. I've had a bottle of Ketoconazole for years. I've been battling TV for most of my adult life, I'm now 34. Prior to this flair up, two pills before bed would completely rid me of TV for at least 6 months and usually more like a year. This time, I've let it go much longer than I normally would I guess and I've now taken 4 doses of keto. 2 of them were successive the other two had a couple days in between. Unfortunately this time it doesn't seem to be working! Its definitely making an impact but the spots are still a little scaly so I know its not completely killed. And this time it is definitely a severe case as its covering my entire torso, front and back, as well as all the way down to my elbows and slightly past. This is by far the worst case I've ever had.

My bottle of ketoconazole is rather old, several years. So this could entirely be an issue of the medication losing potency over the years. I'm certainly hoping thats the case anyway.

And in response to an earlier post, yes my spot turn red and actually raise up a bit when I'm in the hot sun and I get hot to the point of sweating a good amount. It looks really bad as the spots are practically connected because they are so close together.

My thinking is there has got to be an underlying trigger. Is it diet initiated? My immune system need bolstering? I don't get sick...ever really, maybe once every 3 or 4 years and thats no exageration. I'm a fairly healthy person and don't have any health issues other than this...at least that I know of. So I guess my question is does anyone else have similar problems? Has anyone made any correlations between their own activities (eating, environments, etc) to flare ups of TV? Any good suggestions for a plan of attack?

I'm going to finish this bottle of keto and purchase another and see if it is in fact an issue of lost potency of the medication over the time I've had the bottle. Hopefully thats the answer but at this point I'm not so sure.

Thanks...and good luck to everybody!

Offline MissK

• Registered member
« Reply #38 on: Thursday November 28, 2013, 05:13:39 AM »
Hi,
My name is Pete and I am a 40's very fit professional guy from England now living in Florida. I had really bad GA for years and tried virtually everything topical as well as dietary. My skin specialist said I was the worst case she'd ever seen. I was even put on a brief course of a leprosy medicine that still makes me sick when in direct sunlight 4 years on. My condition got me down especially as my  job requires me to "look the part" and be the picture of health and he is me with lesions almost covering my entire body, thankfully my face was left unnaffected.
I finally started getting treatment from a holisdtic health professional. We looked at all blood work and did a very expensive array of nutritional allergy testes as well as the defining test which was a stool sample to check for parasites. The results were very interesting. First I had a very low testosterone count, which when corrected made me feel better immediately and did help the skin somewhat. There were plenty of foods that weere caisung mild allergic reactions, and stopping these foods helped too. But it wasn't until we got the results of the parasite test that the breakthrough came. It turned out I had bleeding cysts in my intestines cause by a very severe and long running micro parasitic infection which was in effect life threatening. Again I was the worst case they had ever seen in terms of the scale of the infection and how low my intestinal immunity had become.
 The parasites were cleared up with strong medication as well as nutritional tinctures and well as extensive rebuilding of my intestinal flora and enzymes which had been destroyed by the parasites. I suggest if you have not had this test to have it done and see if there are unfriendly little "beasties" inside you that are causing this condition. Usually a skin rash is the sign of something wrong inside not outside. Sure steroids work but they do not cure anything. I will help anyone I can with more info. Good luck.

Petechap, your case sounds very interesting.  I'm 42 and have been suffering GA for about 12 years now.  My docs gave me the same old story as everyone else; 'we don't know what causes it, it's not harmful and will disappear on it's own in a few years'.  It hasn't, it's continued to develop new lesions and the ones I had at the start have spread to become huge.  I did have shingles shortly before I noticed the first lesion and was told that GA may have developed while my immune system was so low.  I don't have diabetes or coeliacs and to my knowledge my thyroid function is fine.  If stress is a contributing factor that may explain something as I am a stress-head.

However, in recent years I've also been diagnosed with helicobator pylori which has caused gastritis.  3 courses of antibiotics still haven't managed to get rid of the nasty bacteria in my gut, which is why your parasite problem struck a chord with me. 

I've just been prescribed diprosone ointment and am due to start a course of UVB treatment in the New Year but obviously these treatments are purely to effect the symptoms.  It's the cause I'd really like to find and I agree with you that skin conditions are usually the body trying to expel something on the inside that's not healthy.  But whatever it is, it's finding very hard to find.

I'd be very interested to hear from anyone else who may have Granuloma Annulare and Helicobactor Pylori or parasites. 

Offline covermeup

• Registered member
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday December 25, 2013, 05:42:46 PM »
 :coffee:
Forgive me for posting a reply instead of a new post because I'm new here and haven't figured out how to do it.

Before registering at this site I read every single story written by all the G.A. sufferers, and I could have written most of them myself, so I don't have to tell you what all 3 dermatologists and one professor from the U. of Florida have told me about what is known about G.A.  What I will say is that unlike most of you except possibly one other, my disease did not start when I was young.  I am going on 71, and it started when I was 60.  It began with a sort of string-like rash in both upper arms ending just before the shoulders.  My primary dr. looked at it and said, oh, it's nothing.  I went along with this "nothing" statement for about 2 years but the condition kept getting worse.  I eventually developed ring-like circles on my upper thighs which is when I started seeing a dermatologist.  She took a biopsy and confirmed it was Granuloma Annulare.  She put me on one cortizone skin cream after another, each of which I stayed on for at least a month each, but the condition kept getting worse and spreading.  She then did a 2nd biopsy which also came back as G.A.  She referred me to "specialist No. 2", who ordered me on additional creams that likewise did not work.  There was this professor coming to her office from the U. of F. and asked me to be at her office at that time.  The two women doctors agreed that the treatment I was being given was the best available. 

To make the rest of this long story short, I chucked all these specialists and went on the net.  There was one site that seemed to feel that some folks got relief from Apple Cider Vinegar, so I bought a bottle and started drinking a quarter of a cup every day for months, but of course, the condition got even worse.  In fact, it seems to be escalating on a daily basis.  Keeping in mind the doctors' assumptions for what may cause it, I started seeing a gynocologist to put me on hormone replacement therapy for about a year with no results.  I had my primary put me on a low dose of Xanax, but because I don't tend to be stress-driven, I'd often forget to take it, but when I did take it, it too made no difference, and the condition kept spreading.  I also eliminated wheat and wheat glutin to no avail.  In fact, I'm now at the point that despite living in south Florida, a never go out without long sleeves and long pants.

I've seen some interesting remedies here that some of you have tried and which I intend to try, especially the KEFIR if I can find it anywhere.  I'll report results - good or bad - once I've tried it.  I also want to find a Chinese medicine doctor who may be able to treat it.  I also want to return to the Apple Cider Vinegar and see if putting it on the lesions instead of drinking it may do some good.  Also, one of you reported on a bacteria found in your intestines but you did not state what the bacteria was which would be of some help.  I saw a holistic medical doctor who did have me undergo a very extensive bloodwork test, and she did put me on an antibiotic for a month.  I'm guessing she saw the bacteria, but apparently that drug did not work.

What I'd like to ask of any or all of you is if you learn of a research study taking place anywhere near me, I'd like to get into one of these.  I'm so disgusted with the research and pharmaceutical industries for not taking a more active role in finding out just what this disease is all about.  I have my own theory that just like there are various types of cancers, there are also various types of G.A., and once they can distinguish the differences, some of us may get closer to a cure.  Keep up the faith.

Offline RJGirlything

• Registered member
« Reply #40 on: Friday April 04, 2014, 03:20:02 AM »
Hi there, I'm new the forum (from Sydney, Australia) - had GA for 2.5 years - a very mild case - but for the first time I have a new lesion growing in a visible place... and so my vanity has led me to google treatments of GA.

Have any of you tried cutting out gluten? I have read a lot of cases where it has helped - hoping some of you might have had some experiences with cutting out gluten.

Offline MamaT

• Registered member
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday May 21, 2014, 02:49:02 PM »
Hi all GA sufferers. Has anyone tried Humira? I have had a severe case of GA for 3years I tried everything until finally we decided to try the Humira shots last year. After 5 months the lesions were flat, some of the discoloration had faded and no new lesions came up.  I stopped taking the shots and within 2 months the rash was back and spread like wildfire everywhere!  I am back on the shots for 4 months now and slowly the lesions are flattening and paling.  I remember having this on my hands sometimes in the summer as a child but if wasn't until I was 53 that it was widespread and biopsy.

I try not to go out uncovered because the stares and comments are hurtful, people don't know what it is but automatically reCt to the disfiguration.  I am feeling all GA sufferers from here in Atlanta Georgia

Offline wildferalfemme

• Registered member
« Reply #42 on: Thursday July 03, 2014, 06:12:22 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm a 53 year old woman, post-menopause for about 3 years and I have had what my dermatologist calls DISSEMINATED GA which I don't seem to see others talking about. About 4 years ago while in peri-menopause I developed 3 large circles on my belly, they were flat, not really bumpy, and about 4" across.  After 2+ years one circle faded, then over the next year the other 2 faded... all good but then, POW! I suddenly developed bumpy red circles on top of feet, hands, crooks of elbows (inside and out and I can't donate blood because the rash covers my veins now) and arms (especially near armpits), as well as huge spots on both hips and thighs.  They just sprang up within a couple of weeks and are now morphing and growing. I even have a few tiny bumps on my forehead so I'm terrified about getting it on my face.  My mom had psoriasis really bad which I know is hereditary but never suffered anything like this. Had a biopsy and saw 2 different dermos so I know it is GA and while I've wondered if gluten is an issue, I have ZERO food issues, not allergic to anything (been tested for all sorts of items), not diabetic and I never get sick from eating gluten so not sure if I could have celeriac disease if I feel fine?!  Just feels good to see others have this and it seems there really isn't much to be done to get rid of it. I'm glad I don't care what people think of my body anymore but it's just ugly and a little depressing, right?  Not interested in taking Humera (the "side effects" are about 45 seconds longer to recite than what the pill does) and cortisone cream does nothing so.... let's enjoy life in spite of our little circular bumpy friends!  Trouble

Offline Aquababe241

• SkinCell God
« Reply #43 on: Friday July 04, 2014, 02:01:14 AM »
Hi folks, this is a very interesting thread...I did not know that GA looks like ringworm as my son had something similar on the back of his neck.  My Mum said it was ringworm and he was treated by the doctors.

I really do not want him to suffer most of his life like I did and will have to teach him to prefer healthy natural food, fermented foods like goat milk kefir which replenishes the gut with healthy flora, thus enabling it to absorb the nutrients from food eaten.

GAPs and Paleo diets are good, but I tweak it by eating cooked yam tubers, sprouted beans and
, lentils, plenty of ripe raw plantain and now and then a food cheat (about 3 times a month).

My skin clears up very fast when drinking goats milk kefir, Moor Mud Bouquet by Moor Spa, wheatgrass juice, and aloe vera gel.

Since most of these foods are quite expensive, I try to rotate them, eg Wheatgrass 1 week, Kefir every other week, Moor Mud every other month and Aloe Vera gel everyday.  It works out to be about 200-250 monthly on top of my regular food bill of avocados, seeds, beans, lentils for sprouting, and vegetables for juicing.

I also eat about 10 raw eggs daily when I cannot afford avocados or when they are not ripe.

Canned sardines when I cannot afford salmon or mackerel.  The sardines normally canned in olive oil not tomato sauce mind!

I also love goats yoghurt and only eat blackberries, cherries, raspberries, bananas and apples for fruit.

I love making avocado smoothies and my fav recipe for complexion is carrot juice, 1 green apple, 1 medium avocado, juice of half a lemon, a slice of root ginger, and 1 banana or ripe plantain.

This is absolutely delish and whenever I have this on a regular basis for breakfast, my skin is glowing by the end of the week.

Another remedy I have researched and tried for skin health is something called Amaroli....I read Martha Christy's testimony online, Dr John Armstrong writings, and Sylvia Chandler.  I applied Amaroli and my skin healed at such a fast rate I am still reeling with surprise!

It does not have to to take years to heal skin issues!  I have been suffering from the dreaded E since 1994 with only 8 years in total remission in between.

It is only by following a GAPS or Paleo diet after gentle colon cleansing that my skin issues cleared up.

I really do not want my son to suffer what I went through and shall work on this...

I urge you to do the same - who wants to live with bad health?

It's really nice to be free, free to be me
I'd rather be free and happy
Than nobody and sad

Offline kool-Aid

• Registered member
« Reply #44 on: Monday November 20, 2017, 11:48:46 PM »
I have had GA for the last 2 years and I have decided not to treat it because I have been told it is only cosmetic. But, I have been trying to figure out what causes it and I think it is related to food allergies or gut bacteria. I have read glutton free diet has helped people cure their "spots" as I like to refer to them as. Has anyone noticed a change with their GA with a change of diet?

I think there is a correlation how sugars affect gut bacteria, gut bacteria affects an autoimmune function, which might activate GA. What do you think and does anyone have any experience in this.

My GA suddenly appeared after a few months of drinking a mostly liquid veggie juice diet without a lot of fiber. I have been reading about why the lower gut needs fiber and how the bacteria.

Offline MattGACreamCure

• Registered member
Possible Cream for a Cure
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday January 23, 2018, 10:25:41 PM »
Hello all.  As all of you here, I have had GA for about 7 years.  Started off small and has grown on the top of my right hand.  I have been experimenting with natural cures and I have developed a cream that I feel has promise.  I am taking before and during and after pictures so I hope to have this overcome and will let all know ASAP.  I too tried the doc route.  1st one had me with ringworm - wrong! Second had injections which worked for a month then came back.  For the last two years I have been working on my own natural cure and I think we got this. Keep the faith and patience and God Bless to all.

Matt