Poll

Do you know how Win Vista works with SkinCell?

I have no idea
0 (0%)
What's Win Vista?
0 (0%)
I have a suggestion
0 (0%)
I might be able to figure it out
1 (100%)
Yes, I think I can help you.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Do you know how Win Vista works with SkinCell?  (Read 4784 times)

Offline Blue Bird

• SkinCell Grand
  • Lyricist
Do you know how Win Vista works with SkinCell?
« on: Saturday January 26, 2008, 01:11:54 AM »
 Hi there,
This is the first time I have ever had "problems" when
using the SkinCell website system

I hope this is topical here. I wasn't sure if the forum titled
"Oi Administration, Wake Up" was the right place for it.

First, you should know that I accidently deleted one of the files for my internet service, and had to re-install it. This caused some strange problems.

The first thing I noticed, after I re-installed my internet service
was that when I came back to Skin cell it was different , Now, it had big sized icons, and a large font. Okay, that's my settings, somehow, probably. I can live with that.

Now, when I go to a forum to read, I can only read up to a certain post, whatever that post is, and I can't get any other posts to show up.

I was going to post a reply and suddenly all the other posts appeared, just like posts appear when you are posting. But, no matter how many times I go to read, the new posts , after a certain point in time, like January 20, and then no new posts after that time appear.

Do I have to keep hitting reply to see the new posts, this seems strange

It's weird and annoying so, if you could please let me know what to do to change the settings so that I can read new posts again.

I think someone else had this problem a while ago, and I can't find the forum for it, or if anyone solved the problem.

Thanks in advance.

PS- I only had the option of a poll here, and I didn't really mean for it to be a poll, but since that was my option , then I went for it.

When we understand that there is no up without a down,no over without an under, no good without a bad, no light without dark, no hot without cold, no yes without a no, we understand wholeness, and we cease to be disturbed, distressed, or perplexed by the illusion of anything less than wholeness.

Offline BlistersOnMyFingers

• SkinCell God
  • of Multiple Choice
Re: Do you know how Win Vista works with SkinCell?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday January 26, 2008, 03:43:10 AM »
Voted "Might".  I assume you're using the built-in Internet Explorer 7 browser?  

I'll have to poke around a bit on my wife's laptop (the only thing I have with Vista).  With any luck you might be able to run a repair on Internet Explorer.  Let me see if I can duplicate the problem.  I'll post back tomorrow.  (fingers crossed).

Alternately, do you have Firefox installed?  If not, it might be worth downloading and giving that a try until you can get IE fixed.  You can download Firefox for free here -> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/  (Who knows, you may even end up preferring Firefox and making a permanent switch.)
Play The SkinCell Daily Quiz Daily Trivia game.  Post your results HERE.

Offline Nick

• SkinCell Friend
  • SkinCell buddy
    • SkinCell
« Reply #2 on: Saturday January 26, 2008, 08:46:07 AM »
Hi Blue Sky,

I added my main reply in the other thread in Oi Admin section.

It sounds like you have re-installed the AOL browser configs which are now set as default so you should be able to change the look and feel of the program
« Last Edit: Saturday January 26, 2008, 08:50:49 AM by Nick »

Offline Blue Bird

• SkinCell Grand
  • Lyricist
« Reply #3 on: Sunday January 27, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »
 I took your advice, Nick and BlistersOnMyFingers, and
everything seems to be working again. You helped me solve my problem. I appreciate the time you took to try to understand it and to try to help me fix it.

It took installing a 9.0V program (for Vista), with my internet provider, instead of the 9.0 program I tried to use.

Thanks, guys, you two are awesome.  :beer: :hugs:
When we understand that there is no up without a down,no over without an under, no good without a bad, no light without dark, no hot without cold, no yes without a no, we understand wholeness, and we cease to be disturbed, distressed, or perplexed by the illusion of anything less than wholeness.

Offline Nick

• SkinCell Friend
  • SkinCell buddy
    • SkinCell
« Reply #4 on: Monday January 28, 2008, 03:01:36 PM »
Just happy to help where ever we can :)

Offline BlistersOnMyFingers

• SkinCell God
  • of Multiple Choice
« Reply #5 on: Monday January 28, 2008, 04:12:20 PM »
Ditto.  Happy things are back to normal.  :D
Play The SkinCell Daily Quiz Daily Trivia game.  Post your results HERE.