Author Topic: HS UK Petition  (Read 2244 times)

Offline Bev

• SkinCell Grand
  • Cuddly Buddly
  • What will be will be!
HS UK Petition
« on: Monday November 19, 2007, 12:19:18 PM »
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/HSaware/

Hi Everyone
sorry not been around here much for a long time!! My life has been very busy and I have not had time to go on any of my forums much!!
Hope everyone is ok and doing as well as they can.
One of the Girls in another group I'm a member of has Petitioned the goverment to sit up and take notice of HS. WOULD LOVE YOU ALL TO SIGN IT IF YOU CAN!!
Take care everyone and I will try to get on here more and offer my support to the Group
Love to all Bev x
Love and Cuddles BevĀ 

bunnie

Re: HS UK Petition
« Reply #1 on: Friday November 23, 2007, 02:46:47 PM »
Hi Bev, I am leaving this link where we have been discussing a similar thing, for entirely different reasons.
http://www.skincell.org/community/index.php/topic,23195.0.html
On there I am explaining that HS is just one of the hundreds of manifestations of Autoimmune disease. It is Autoimmune disease that is being researched because all of these conditions are the result of a genetic predisposition to autoimmunity. There is no cure for autoimmune disease, It is part of how YOU are made.  Understanding  immunity and the abnormal malfunction causing autoimmunity, then research can try and find a drug to suppress this reaction, which pin points the specific malfunction, and not suppressing the whole immune system as they do now. Government health do plough money into research projects, inparticular immunity, and I understand that huge strides are being made in the understanding of how these cells interact and malfunction, but what would signing a petition do? Science Labs are fully aware of the need to find drugs which can alter this malfunction, without damaging the rest of the body, and for that it may take years, who knows, if lucky they may discover something soon.
You need to fully understand exactly the predisposed genetic process which manifests diseases such as HS, and all the other autoimmune diseases which affect not only the skin, before petitioning, it has nothing to do with the government in that sense. They all come under the same umbrella of autoimmunity. If you read the posts on that link above you will understand what I mean.
Bunnie
« Last Edit: Friday November 23, 2007, 02:49:07 PM by bunnie »