Author Topic: Acidity that leads to Dermatitis  (Read 5464 times)

Offline sunproof

• Registered member
Acidity that leads to Dermatitis
« on: Monday October 29, 2007, 04:49:39 PM »
Hi! I am suffering from dermatitis (mild dermatitis) for about 3 years. I keep on trying to figure out the treatment for this and what causes my skin from having dermatitis. I have a mild scaly skin in my chest and back, I already go to derma but it keeps on coming back especially on summer days. What I figured out last week and I was shocked that I am allergy on my sweats. It is very itchy everytime I finished working out on gym. And after I take a bath it's still itchy.

I keep on ignoring my upset stomach this past few years, and when I searched on google, i found out that Acid also comes out with sweats. And I also have every symptoms of acidity. So whenever Im sweating I will develop and flares my dermatitis which it cannot be healed because my skin is already damage by my acids from my body.

I am still on treatment and I will comeback to my doctor after 5 days for the result of his investigation on my blood.

If my derma will agree with this, I guess those people there that have a dermatitis that keeps coming back, check if you're encountering same scenario with me.

Good luck to all of us.

bunnie

Re: Acidity that leads to Dermatitis
« Reply #1 on: Monday October 29, 2007, 08:34:48 PM »
Hi Sunproof,and welcome to skincell!
The word "Dermatitis" is not in itself a condition, nor is it a final diagnosis. Dermatitis means 
"inflammation of the skin".  It encompasses a myriad of conditions and diseases, such as, Sebhorreic Dermatitis, Atopic Dermatitis, and so forth. 
Atopsy (atopic dermatitis) is considered to run in families, a kind of genetic allergy , (for a simple explanation) and others may be autoimmune , or the result of an allergy to enviromental factors , such as medicines, chemicals, pollen etc. From all you have said, I would think you have Atopic Dermatitis? (Quote from the link below)....
Most people who have atopic dermatitis have a personal or family history of allergic conditions, such as hay fever (allergic rhinitis). The skin inflammation that causes the atopic dermatitis rash is considered a type of allergic response.
If you have atopic dermatitis you are genetically predisposed to it and if this is what you have this is the answer to your quote below.....
I keep on trying to figure out the treatment for this and what causes my skin from having dermatitis.
Nothing can remove that predisposition, it is how you are made, and it can never be removed. Sweating itself does not lead to Dermatitis of any condition, nor is it the cause of it. Sweating in itself  is a natural process if you are working out, it cools the body down, and by using energy you are creating heat.The heat and the resulting sweating created ,exascerbates an already inflamed skin, (which is what the word Dermatitis means). Malfunction of Sweat glands however are a cause of skin conditions, and the gland becoming blocked or infected.
There are 2 different types of sweat glands in humans, so there are 2 kinds of sweat. The more numerous gland type is the one that secretes sweat as a means of helping to regulate our body temperature. For example, on the palms of your hands, one square inch of skin contains over 3000 sweat glands!! This type of sweat is about 99% water with the other 1% consisting of NaCl,Vitamin C, uric acid, urea, ammonia and lactic acid.  It varies among us by diet and heredity, as well as by our level of activity. If you ever drank GatorAide or other "sports" drinks, you were drinking "sweat" with some carbohydrates added for energy. In fact, a university in Florida (the Gators) came up with the formula by analyzing the sweat from their atheletes. They reasoned that they needed to have the wastes from sweat replaced in order to maintain the atheletes ' body fluid contents. Many of these ingredients are called electrolytes.

The other type of sweat glands are only found in a few places such as the groin, arm pits and faces of mature males. These only start to secrete sweat after puberty and have little if anything to do with temperature regulation. We think that they serve as an odor attractor due to their high content of fatty acids. They seem to serve as a method by which the opposite sex is summoned. Incidentely, the odor of a body that "stinks" is not due to the odor of sweat but is from the waste products of bacteria that live in the sweat.
http://www.webmd.com/allergies/tc/atopic-dermatitis-cause
« Last Edit: Monday October 29, 2007, 09:08:43 PM by bunnie »

Offline sunproof

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Sunday December 02, 2007, 07:33:08 AM »
Hi Bunnie, (sorry for a very late respond) - Now that I stopped on working-out my "skin problem" was lessen - not totally remove. The Dermatologist told me that it is better that I prevent myself from sweating and when she examined my back it has a lot of fungus. And I am really sure this has to do with my sweating. I have a history on my childhood of "Indigestion", my stomach cannot digest my food for two hours or more. And "maybe" it produces many acids to help digest the food that I consumed I guess.

Bunnie I want to know your suggestions because I really don't want to live my life without an exercise. I am an athlete past and now an Architect but I still wanted to practice my sports. Thanks in advance. 

bunnie

« Reply #3 on: Sunday December 02, 2007, 10:58:15 AM »
Hi Sunproof, it has nothing to do with your diet whatsoever, despite all the bunk you can read to the contrary. I only believe in proven medical science regarding these conditions. Acidity does not lead to any form of Dermatitis.
The Dermatologist told me that it is better that I prevent myself from sweating and when she examined my back it has a lot of fungus. And I am really sure this has to do with my sweating.

No sunproof, the fungal infection has nothing to do with you sweating either, but your dermatologist will mean that it will exascerbate a fungal infection, therefore it is necessary to bathe immediately after a work out, and in your case I would use a sanitiser liquid such as Hibiscrub, or another antibacterial wash of your choice. RINSE WELL after. Fungus feeds off the Keratin protein in the skin, and if the skin is traumatised in any way by a skin condition, then you become very prone to fungal infections, because fungal infections love broken skin! Being on steroids, taking antibiotics or immunosuppressants for a skin condition, also makes you more prone to fungal infections, so it becomes a vicious circle in that case, and you have to balance the treatment prescribed, with using topical antifungals as well. Again , these are topical fungals , not internal, and it is treated by topical antifungal creams. Someone else who uses a sanitiser liquid to keep fungal infections away...
http://www.skincell.org/community/index.php?topic=23220.msg287804#msg287804
Read also...
http://www.skincell.org/community/index.php/topic,23218.msg287801.html#msg287801

« Last Edit: Sunday December 02, 2007, 11:04:34 AM by bunnie »

Offline turtlegurl

• Registered member
« Reply #4 on: Saturday December 08, 2007, 05:12:43 AM »
Yes, I have atopic dermatitis and I do find that sweat can cause a flare-up.  In high school, I was excused from PE due to my severe skin problems.  I agree with bunnie, saying that if you cannot give up your activities the best thing to do is to take a shower to clean off all the sweat on your skin.

Good luck!
"Life...it's like gettin' a blueberry muffin in a coffeeshop when what you ordered was the apricot-nut. There aren't any apricots or nuts in it, and you get tied up in knots just thinkin' about what you're missin', when the smarter thing to do is realize that blueberries have a nice taste, too."

Offline sunproof

• Registered member
« Reply #5 on: Thursday December 20, 2007, 07:21:40 AM »
Hello TurtleGurl and Bunnie, Now that I've avoided sweating and it is timing because it's Winter. Now my chest and Back is improving plus I use Nizoral when I bath and after that I use Pevaryl sprayer (but it haven't remove all, I still have some small patches). So it's really the sweat that's making it Flared. But something came up last month, I am having a small blisters with serum inside it on my Middle Finger on my Left-hand and it is flaring everyday until it just stopped one day and I don't know why. But after several weeks it came up again. I haven't go to Doctor yet and I try to used Anti-fungal Ketoconazole 2% Cream and it's working slowly, the Blisters are drying and I hope this will gone shortly. I really believe this is something to do with stress. I am stressful before this thing came up again. And as I was saying on my previous post I am acidic and Acidic Persons are easy to stressed-out according to my Doctor. I am diverting my mindset from this problems that I am encountering so I will not get too stress for this.
« Last Edit: Thursday December 20, 2007, 07:30:30 AM by sunproof »

bunnie

« Reply #6 on: Thursday December 20, 2007, 09:15:12 AM »
Hello again Sunproof,
So it's really the sweat that's making it Flared.
it will exascerbate any skin condition sunproof. I have a blistering disorder, and if I get too warm, and perspire it sets me off itching, and of course blisters result.
I really believe this is something to do with stress.
  Stress again will exascerbate any skin condition, but it is not the cause of it. Most people who have a skin condition are stressed simply because they have a skin condition. Tiny blisters around the fingers are typical in atopic dermatitis. Atopy runs in my family too, and all my siblings and myself get those tiny blisters on the inner sides of their fingers too. I used to get it long before my autoimmune disease started, and my derm said although my siblings don't appear as yet to have the genetic predisposition to autoimmune disease, we do all have the same tissue type.
I am diverting my mindset from this problems that I am encountering so I will not get too stress for this.
Good for you! That is exactly the approach you need to have. If you can learn to accept it, you actually learn to live with it. You discover in time, how to control it best for you.
All good wishes, Bunnie

Offline Aquababe241

• SkinCell God
« Reply #7 on: Saturday December 29, 2007, 05:09:40 PM »
Hi Sunproof,

Sorry to hear that you're having such a time of it with your skin...

I understand what you mean about the sweat itch cycle cos that happens to me.

To become alkaline, I've recently cut out carbohydrate - you know, rice, potatoes, sugar, sweet drinks, yams, flour, bread...  I've been eating salmon, avocadoes, and drinking kefir - fermented goats milk.

I've also been juicing carrots/parsley/celery most weeks Drinking 6 8oz glasses a day.

We purchased a Jupiter Water ioniser which turns your tap water into alkaline water. That was a month ago...I haven't been juicing for a couple of days, but noticed my skin's looking really nice every day!!

Oh yes, I'm also doing a Colonix colon cleanse at the mo, alongside my Mum.  I also take Udo's oil every day mixed in with the kefir.  Eczema is VERY curable...it just means your deficient in water and essential fatty acids.  Find out what proteins your body likes and eat a lot of it. Once your body has enough water and essential fatty acids, you'll find that your skin starts healing naturally at a very fast rate.

Unfortunately, I can't use any steroids or creams that the doctors provide as nothing works...So I've had to go the natural route - looks like it's turned out to be a good thing - I'm an expert in looking after my skin now.

We're all on a self discovery journey - luckily we ain't getting cancer!!

Merry Christmas Sunproof

Aquababe :hug:
It's really nice to be free, free to be me
I'd rather be free and happy
Than nobody and sad

Offline ecbc

• Registered member
« Reply #8 on: Friday January 04, 2008, 06:22:30 PM »
Wow from what I've learned about my eczema (which I've had for a year & I won't take drugs), you are spot on there Aquababe241, I mean that my notes about eczema from experience are almost identical to your post above.

I found that eating nothing but lots of organic quinoa helped my skin to moisturise from the inside out, & heal much quicker. (I add Maldon salt to bring out the flavour).

It has more protein than meat, higher quality too. Because it's a complete food there is enough fibre in it that you don't have to worry about eating loads of it for protein, unlike meat which requires eating something else for fibre to balance the protein.

Leaving the quinoa to absorb all the water & then filling up the pan with some more water helps to get more water into each seed which means you hold the water better than just drinking it.

It has grams of minerals in it too which is great for getting alkaline.

I also itch when I sweat or become hot.
« Last Edit: Saturday January 05, 2008, 03:09:33 PM by ecbc »