Author Topic: motherborard  (Read 5857 times)

Offline Stellaman

• SkinCell God
  • of Stella
  • stellaman
motherborard
« on: Wednesday October 17, 2007, 11:17:25 AM »
Iam use a abit kv7 motherboard with a amd athlon xp 2600 chipset but wish to change it is there one faster and better that will work with the board
LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT SO MAKE IT COUNT FOR SOMETHING  BECAUSE YOU ONLY GET ONE CHANCE TO MAKE IT RIGHT SO CHOSE WELL AND CHOSE RIGHT. LIFE WILL SOON JUMP UP AND KICK YOU IN THE ASS

Offline Rich85

• Registered member
Re: motherborard
« Reply #1 on: Thursday October 18, 2007, 11:25:29 AM »
Hi,

The abit kv7 is socket A, and supports a 400mhz fsb so one would hypothesize that the AMD Athlon XP 3200+ would be. The 3200+ is the fastest Athlon - you can pick them up quite cheaply on ebay!

Richard

Offline Blue Bird

• SkinCell Grand
  • Lyricist
« Reply #2 on: Thursday October 18, 2007, 06:08:02 PM »
  Wow, Rich, you are like a computer genius or something.

I can see that left brained-dominated hemisphere of yours firing away with answers
to complicated computer technology answers. Glad you're here, dude.  :nod:
When we understand that there is no up without a down,no over without an under, no good without a bad, no light without dark, no hot without cold, no yes without a no, we understand wholeness, and we cease to be disturbed, distressed, or perplexed by the illusion of anything less than wholeness.

Offline Stellaman

• SkinCell God
  • of Stella
  • stellaman
« Reply #3 on: Thursday October 18, 2007, 09:01:37 PM »
thanks rich i already looked into it after putting this post up and bidding on one from ebay
LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT SO MAKE IT COUNT FOR SOMETHING  BECAUSE YOU ONLY GET ONE CHANCE TO MAKE IT RIGHT SO CHOSE WELL AND CHOSE RIGHT. LIFE WILL SOON JUMP UP AND KICK YOU IN THE ASS

bunnie

« Reply #4 on: Thursday October 18, 2007, 09:09:05 PM »
Oh wow rich! Gosh you speak another language! I remember asking the man who set mine up "where do I switch it on?" As for the Sky control thingy! Recording stuff and playing DVD's, Don't go there!
What irritates me really badly, is that he registered the computer in the name of Lawson instead of my proper surname, silly man! and I don't suppose I can do anything about that?
Bunnie

Offline Rich85

• Registered member
« Reply #5 on: Friday October 19, 2007, 09:29:24 AM »
I'm no genious, I just work in IT ;)
Bunnie, if you're referring to changing the resistered owner's name in Windows then this has to be done in the registry and I would suggest making a new thread for it (modifying the registry is slightly dangerous as you can stop Windows working if you change the wrong bit).

Richard
« Last Edit: Friday October 19, 2007, 09:40:29 AM by Rich85 »

bunnie

« Reply #6 on: Friday October 19, 2007, 12:03:24 PM »
I think you are right Rich , I wondered if it would stop windows working. Best leave well alone I suppose!
Thanks for that!
Bunnie

Offline Stellaman

• SkinCell God
  • of Stella
  • stellaman
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday October 24, 2007, 09:02:47 PM »
hi again i got the x3200 chip but now haveing trouble getting it working might have something to do with bios being out of date how do i change it please sorry for being dumb

Offline Rich85

• Registered member
« Reply #8 on: Thursday October 25, 2007, 08:37:25 PM »
Hi, when you say you're having trouble getting it working do you mean you can't get it to boot?
Do you get a beep (or series of beeps) when you turn your computer on? If so, how many?

The problem is likely due to either one of three things;
1. BIOS firmware may require updating to run at the top fsb speed
2. incorrectly configured fsb speed in the BIOS (but in theory would just make it slower)
3. worst case scenario, the new processor doesn't work :o

Offline Stellaman

• SkinCell God
  • of Stella
  • stellaman
« Reply #9 on: Friday October 26, 2007, 08:53:14 PM »
hi rich iam not getting any bleeps so i think its down to the bios