Author Topic: radio interview  (Read 18686 times)

bunnie

radio interview
« on: Friday September 28, 2007, 03:13:30 PM »
Hi Everyone , I just did a radio interview for Southern FM (UK)this afternoon, to be broadcast later on next week. It will only be a few seconds I should imagine, and concerns the reasons I go to Brighton Sussex Eye hospital for check-ups on my OOKP Surgery. I think its to be used in a kind of advert for the hospital.  They said they will send me a CD recording of the interview with the day and time of the broadcast, shortly.
Bunnie

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
    • My Blog
Re: radio interview
« Reply #1 on: Friday September 28, 2007, 08:08:39 PM »
Ah wow bunnie, I bet that was quite exciting to do!

Please do let us know when it will be on the radio.

:hugs:

Woo

bunnie

« Reply #2 on: Friday September 28, 2007, 09:27:56 PM »
Well it was done over the phone, but I was fore-warned on Monday that the sound studio was booked for 2pm on Friday (today) and would I please be by the phone at that time! There were two interviewers a man and a woman. I hope I don't sound like a nerd on it. I know they will only use a few seconds of it, but they said they were more than happy afterwards. I will let you know as soon as they tell me.
Bunnie

Offline GuzziHeroV50

• SkinCell Hero
  • Gas Guzzler
« Reply #3 on: Friday September 28, 2007, 09:40:37 PM »
Kewl :)  I wonder if the station will put the show on their website as MP3? :)

bunnie

« Reply #4 on: Friday September 28, 2007, 10:29:54 PM »
Oh guzzi I don't understand those things, least I don't think I do! I honestly think it will be only about half a minute of me saying something.
Bunnie

Offline totalfolly

• Retired Moderator
  • Crazy Cat Hero
  • I yam what I yam
« Reply #5 on: Friday September 28, 2007, 10:40:37 PM »
Waycool, Bunnie!

I'm sure you won't sound like  nerd.  :)

totalfolly
"If you hear a voice within you say 'You cannot paint'
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Offline itchychick

• Global Moderator
  • Peachy Sunshine
« Reply #6 on: Friday September 28, 2007, 10:42:11 PM »
How neat!  I'm sure you were brilliant! :nod:

bunnie

« Reply #7 on: Saturday September 29, 2007, 12:22:44 AM »
Aw! You are all so sweet, I was shaking! How silly is that? There was only me here! They edit everything to bring it down to just a few seconds really, maybe half a minute i would say. The interview itself was about 1/2 an hour though.It was the surgeon who did my op, Chris Liu who had asked me to do it.
I was filmed last year for an international ophthalmic convention or something, that was quite long, and my present oph said it was very moving. The film was to present a case that had been so very blind and due to this op performed by chris Liu, could see again, what caused the blindness and how it felt to be blind, and again what it felt like to see again.
Bunnie

Offline LIGA girl

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Cicadas
  • Me Simpsonized!
« Reply #8 on: Saturday September 29, 2007, 01:21:54 AM »
It sounds great Bunnie, Id like to hear the interview if it is possible to get it off their website .... does anyone there know if it is?

bunnie

« Reply #9 on: Saturday September 29, 2007, 11:21:12 AM »
I don't really know LG. Its not until the late end of next week , and to be honest I don't think it will be worth listening to! I know it will only be about 30 seconds of actual air time, but you will hear how my voice sounds!
Bunnie

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
  • Administrative Bleeper!
  • Token Nutcase :D
« Reply #10 on: Sunday September 30, 2007, 11:26:01 PM »
When I first read this I rushed to google a website that would play streaming radio. Then I realized that I didn't have any idea what station it would be on.

I've had 15 seconds of radio fame, but it wasn't my voice. Twiga (who lurks on here occasionally) works in radio, and wished me a happy birthday, regardless of my susperstitious beliefs. But she didn't send me the recording (an mp3 over email) until the next day, so I think that counts. It was fun just hearing that few seconds. I can't wait to hear your 30 seconds' worth!
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

bunnie

« Reply #11 on: Monday October 01, 2007, 04:20:45 PM »
I'll post it as soon as I get the info Bama. Can you send music if it is Mp3 by e-mail? Are the down loads one buys from iTunes MP3's? Please excuse my ignorance! I know nothing about computers really!
Bunnie

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday October 02, 2007, 12:47:52 AM »
Yes to both questions. :) And don't worry... I'm never upset at ignorance. I have to right to be, as anyone who has ever attempted to explain American football to me will attest. ;D

There are several different types of sound files, just like several different types of picture files. Ever seen a picture that was a .jpg or a .gif? I'm betting you're familiar with .jpgs because that's what you post. They're probably the most popular picture file.

mp3's are the same way. There are several different types of sound files (wav, for example) but mp3's are the most popular. You can tell if it's an mp3 because it'll say ".mp3" on the end instead of .jpg. :)

(Am I making any sense?)
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

bunnie

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday October 02, 2007, 03:24:56 PM »
Yes! Cheers Bama! Thank you for that!
Bunnie

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday October 03, 2007, 01:24:35 PM »
No problem, Bunnie! I like pulling computer terms down to the bare basics. :) Must be the teacher in me... ::) ;D

Offline Val

• SkinCell Friend
  • Golden GasBag
  • Mmmmm ! The Weird One I am !
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday October 03, 2007, 03:45:22 PM »

Wow Bunny, well done you. :clap:

Have I missed the actual broadcast? If so then I hope someone will post where online I can hear it even if it is only 30 secs long.

I can't get my head around these music files either Bunny so don't feel alone on that score, as you have me for company.

I'm so pleased to hear that you can see again though. :bighug:

:hugs:

bunnie

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday October 03, 2007, 04:18:27 PM »
Heard nothing yet, they said they would send a note when its on +a cd.

Offline CalamityJane

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Whimsy
  • Dogs speak every language!
« Reply #17 on: Friday October 05, 2007, 02:42:02 AM »
Hi Bunnie -- congrats dear lass. I'd like to hear it as well, if there's a way for me to do that. Well done!

Hugs, Jane
It's a good day when you laugh!

bunnie

« Reply #18 on: Friday October 05, 2007, 11:59:10 AM »
It's now friday! I still haven't a clue when its on, but theres a postal strike! I'll just have to see if its on their web-site )if they have one!
Bunnie

Offline soccergrl

• SkinCell God
« Reply #19 on: Friday October 05, 2007, 03:38:49 PM »
Somehow I missed this thread, bunnie. That is so exciting that you will be on the radio! :clap:

I hope that someone can figure out how to listen to it online, because I'd really love to hear it!  :)
Only the curious have something to find...

bunnie

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday October 16, 2007, 02:28:31 PM »
Hi everyone! Mr Liu the pioneering surgeon who gave me sight, also recently invited me to the 175 th Anniversary of this hospital. Unfortunately I had to decline the invitation (which I was honoured to receive because there was only myself and another patient invited). I happened to mention in my e-mail, that I missed the recording of this radio interview, and a cd of the recording has not yet arrived. I also sent Chris some recent drawings of mine in this e-mail, adding to them these words.... "to brighten your day, as you have brightened so many of mine!" I have just got this now from him....
Dear Bunny

I am sorry you will not be able to make it for 23rd November!

Let me check with Jo Carr, our communications officer to see if she has a recording of the radio interview.  Through this, I will ask if we could use one or two of your drawings in our celebratory brochure.  (Jo: we restored Bunny's sight with OOKP.)

Christopher

I'm chuffed!
Bunnie
« Last Edit: Tuesday October 16, 2007, 02:31:31 PM by bunnie »

Offline LIGA girl

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Cicadas
  • Me Simpsonized!
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday October 16, 2007, 08:20:16 PM »
Well done Bunnie,  a great use for your lovely drawings too, you wili have to show us the brochure and the CD, is it possible to post a sound file on here, I have heard them on blogs....

LG

bunnie

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday October 16, 2007, 10:01:37 PM »
Hi! Well I think it was Bama or someone mentioned mp3's?? If and when this cd does arrive (we have had a postal strike, that's why I presume it hasn't arrived)I will go from there and try and post it up. Maybe one of the mods knows how I could do that? Chris will send me a Brochure I'm sure.
Bunnie

bunnie

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday October 17, 2007, 04:20:52 PM »
Just an update! I have finally heard it! Goodness me it was SO-0-0 brief! 20 seconds actually! Hardly worth the effort! It was so quick by the time I realised it was me it was over!! :roll:
It comes on during the adverts, and as there are 3 adverts in rotation, so mine is 1 in 3.
I heard it at 16.47 bmt so I think the the next one will be 23.54pm tonight, It has been on air for 2 weeks  approx 4 times a day already.I am not sure if all the other times they listed to the end of the month also apply. I don't know if I am allowed to leave a link or not?
I think the whole interview will be better and they are sending me a cd of that today. (I presume it is the whole interview)
Bunnie
« Last Edit: Wednesday October 17, 2007, 06:17:33 PM by bunnie »

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: Thursday October 18, 2007, 07:03:21 PM »
20 seconds! Bunnie, that's wonderful! :yay: You're in advertising, now! ;D

Offline Blue Bird

• SkinCell Grand
  • Lyricist
« Reply #25 on: Saturday October 20, 2007, 06:43:45 PM »
 Oh, Bunnie, you are so brilliant, they picked the perfect person
to interview, I am sure you educated a lot of people with your interview.

PS> I would LOVE to hear your voice, my dear.

With hopes for your good health, good fortune and happiness, always.
When we understand that there is no up without a down,no over without an under, no good without a bad, no light without dark, no hot without cold, no yes without a no, we understand wholeness, and we cease to be disturbed, distressed, or perplexed by the illusion of anything less than wholeness.

bunnie

« Reply #26 on: Saturday October 20, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
You are too kind Blue Sky. That is really sweet of you thank you.
It was so quick!
Bunnie.
I posted this on another thread on here, (so sorry if if you have already seen it)
one I did and sent to Christopher Liu recently.