Author Topic: Anyone in HS remission?  (Read 2159 times)

Offline jcazerson

• Registered member
Anyone in HS remission?
« on: Thursday July 12, 2007, 03:08:29 AM »
Anyone in HS remission? And if so for how long?

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
  • The best medicine is caring and affection.
    • Eureka Ideas Unlimited, Anthropositor's Posts,   To Obama
Re: Anyone in HS remission?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday July 12, 2007, 12:35:05 PM »
Hello Christie,
The thing which I have noted in all the comments I have seen about HS, and certainly one of the most disturbing elements from my perspective, is how unpredictable it is.  Things can seemingly go along swimmingly for an extended period, and then things can flare up again.

The areas of the body that can become infected are also extremely troubling.

I had a rapidly growing neoplasm about 15 years ago.  It was quite alarming.  I was at the time completely uninsured or I might have been tempted to go to an oncologist.  The methods I used to deal with the situation were novel and did not originate entirely with me, but I did put my own twist on how I went about it.

The growth went from about 5 mm to about 25 mm in diameter while I was learning and designing what to do.  My hope was to shrink it back to the 5 mm point.  Imagine my surprise when it ultimately disappeared entirely.  I was unable to detect it at all about a year later. 

The growth was never biopsied before it disappeared.  I hold strong views about the frequency of, and techniques employed in performing biopsies.

I do not believe that what I did was a "magic bullet" which will work for everyone under all circumstances.  So let us just say that I had a "spontaneous remission" which is apparently continuing fifteen years later.

I did not begin to use the word remission for five years.  I think if I had HS, I would apply the same time frame.  Even then I would be tentative about it.
Anthro
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." Chinese Proverb.

"What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn examine first before you decide"-- Confucius

Pray to the Gods, for the Gods are not unless you pray to them.--Don Marquis