Poll

new to site hello!

hi
0 (0%)
hello
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: i an new would like advise/chat  (Read 2077 times)

Offline mrk4adams

• Registered member
i an new would like advise/chat
« on: Thursday June 28, 2007, 01:42:23 PM »
hi my name is rachel and have just found this site, had a look through some and i would like some advice or a chat with someone like me

i have HS had it for a years maybe from teenage years, it has got worse in the last 3 -4 years i have under my arms under 1 brest and on innerthighs and bum.

i was told i had it HS a year ago and have many many course of anitboitics but i don't think they help anymore. does any one of something to but on them whan they flar up?

other bits about me i am 24 have 2 children and married

i have allways been imbarrest and scared about my HS it took me months to tell my husband  and was scared to show him and wondered what he might think
the most oweful time i had was my first smear and haveing my children, is what they would think.

i woulds say that my HS is bad under my arms are really bad and can be very painfull
i am not the healthest person in the world i suffer from asthma and allergies and overweight
the only time that i have had reflif was when i was expecting my second childs and for a few months i had NONE!! but once he was born they came back twice a worse

does anyone have ingrowing hairs on there arms ( little red numps looks like a rash)?? i was wondring if its linked? cause when i was pregnant that when as well

thanks for reading this i hope someone will give my some help and advice and i have seen VICKS on this site can i PLEASE have some advice on this

thanks rachel

Offline aenigma20

Re: i an new would like advise/chat
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday July 24, 2007, 01:38:54 AM »
Hello Rachel, when mine flair up I just make sure to keep them as clean as possible so I don't get an infection.  I also take a lot of hot baths in epsom salt, and keep them numbed up with over the counter benzocaine, and then when they get really bad, go to the doctor for pain medication.  I have had ingrown hairs in two of mine that I've been able to cut the skin and pull out.  If you are of the group of people that thinks HS is follicular occlusion vs. infected sweat glands, then having ingrown hairs makes sense, and it also would make sense why antibiotics don't seem to work.

I don't have any opinion on whether they get worse or better with pregnancy, but only because I've never been pregnant.  I have heard people mention though that it gets better with pregnancy.  I haven't tried Vicks either but a lot of people here have felt relief with it.  Maybe I should try it since I'm having a flare up right now.

I GoodSearch for Hidradenitis Suppurativa. 
Charity HS - USA

http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=822136

Raise money for Hidradenitis just by searching the Internet with GoodSearch, powered by Yahoo.

Offline mrk4adams

• Registered member
Re: i an new would like advise/chat
« Reply #2 on: Thursday July 26, 2007, 06:27:07 PM »
hi
thanks very much i will try thoses i am having a really bad flare up at the monmet i have at least 2-3 under each arm at the moment and the pain is bad!!.
i'm not sure about vicks but i think it might be worth a try
thanks again rachel