Author Topic: Atopiclair (also known as Zarzenda)  (Read 8632 times)

Offline helena

• Quanto mais treino, mais sorte tenho...
Atopiclair (also known as Zarzenda)
« on: Tuesday May 15, 2007, 02:45:34 PM »

It's a new product for the relief of the itch in atopic dermatitis (eczema), approved Oct. 2006. It is not yet sold in my Country, the producer is Sinclair, and they have an agreement with Intendis for the sales in Europe.

I would like to know if someone has tried this, and if it is effective. It does not have imunossupressants or cortizona (steroids), but it is registered as a medical device in USA.

Helena

Offline itchychick

• Global Moderator
  • Peachy Sunshine
Re: Atopiclair (also known as Zarzenda)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday May 15, 2007, 07:41:11 PM »
I haven't heard about this, Helena.  It seems like it's some type of barrier cream, but the claim that it soothes itching is tantalizing.  I will ask my sister (she's a dermatologist) whether she knows anything about it. :)

Offline helena

« Reply #2 on: Monday May 21, 2007, 01:23:24 PM »
The same day I wrote the message above, I sent an email to my derm. asking the same thing. I also asked the same in another forum, a Spanish one.

Well, the answer from my derm. was that he still has not many info on this product, so he told me to be quiet, not to make experiences!

Also have an answer from the Spanish forum, quoting:

"Zarzenda y Dersura son la misma crema, pero comercializadas por diferente laboratorio. Yo se la estoy dando a mi bebe de 7 meses y le ha ido estupendo, se le han ido las rojeces y lo tiene casi curado. Tenia en la zona de la barbilla, cuello y alrededor de la boca. Hay quien dice que no le ha hecho nada, pero a mi niƱa le ha ido muy bien, llevamos un mes con ella. Tardo unos 15 dias en notar mejoria.
Saludos"

meaning:

"Zarzenda and Dersura are the same, but made by different labs. I'm applying it to my seven months baby and she is doing really well, no more redness and the skin is almost OK now. The baby had it in face, neck and around mouth. Some people says that had no results with it, but to my daughter it was very good, we are using for a month now. It took more or less 15 days to notice the improvement."

I really would like someone to share experience on this, as for me it would be more or less a miracle finding something to controll the itch.

I believe the main problem of my eczema is the itch - I mean the scratching.

Helena

Offline itchychick

• Global Moderator
  • Peachy Sunshine
« Reply #3 on: Monday May 21, 2007, 04:27:07 PM »
I agree, Helena, about the itching... if we could stop the scratching response, it wouldn't damage the skin!

My sister had not heard about this product.  It is not available here, and she doesn't know anybody who has used it.  She did say that anti-pruritics (anti-itch medicine) can often be irritating.  Good luck if you decide to try.  Let me know how it works for you.

Offline helena

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday May 22, 2007, 10:09:42 AM »

This product is not yet commercialized in Portugal, but I'll try to go to Spain in one of next weekends, and will buy it, and give it a try... Will let you know latter if it works for me.

Helena

Offline spf

• Registered member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday July 04, 2007, 06:30:42 PM »
I just got Atopiclair from my dermatologist for my dyshidrotic eczema that i've had on my foot for nearly 15 years. The cortisone creams have been eating up my foot and don't help anymore.
Will keep people posted on how it works...