Author Topic: Adverts on TV that you like and hate  (Read 28122 times)

roni

Adverts on TV that you like and hate
« on: Sunday January 14, 2007, 05:31:04 PM »
I was watching a bit of tv today, Scrubs to be more precise, and during the break the Keenex advert came on (the one which that bloke getting people to sit down and chat with him)  Anyway I thought to myself "I like this advert cos it makes me smile all the time" and then it happened..... my worst nightmare came on........ Elephant.co.uk (car insurance) come on!

Where was i going with this one ??? oh yeah, what adverts do you guys both love and hate?

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
    • My Blog
Re: Adverts on TV that you like and hate
« Reply #1 on: Sunday January 14, 2007, 05:42:13 PM »
I always seem to love Davidoff adverts.  Absolutely no idea why.  ;)

I used to be a major fan of the diet coke ads and the Levis ads... back in the 80s/90s when they used really great music and made them unique.

I also quite like that Sheila's Wheels brand... their adverts are always quite funny.

I absolutely can't stand any advert that you can't tell what on earth it's trying to advertise... car ads seem to be some of the worst offenders here... like the megan adverts (grrr) and some other car that turns into a dancing robot thing... I just feel myself switching off at these. It also seems that on every car advert they show the highest spec yet the cheapest possible figure with "car shown is X" ie they lead you to believe you can get X car for Y  amount when in fact it would be about Y+ much more...   I can't explain myself tonight and hope this is understandable!!!

Also hate:
Accident claim adverts
Bounty kitchen rolls (if that is the 2 men dressed as women)... the music sits in my head and bugs me... "use use, rinse rinse, use" aaagh.
ANY advert for feminine hygeine products.... GAH.

And a particular bugbear.... adverts between childrens programmes, for amazing looking toys that always cost approx £40 and will be made of plastic and fall apart in 3 days...

Essay!!!

Wooley

roni

« Reply #2 on: Sunday January 14, 2007, 06:20:57 PM »

And a particular bugbear.... adverts between childrens programmes, for amazing looking toys that always cost approx £40 and will be made of plastic and fall apart in 3 days...

Essay!!!

Wooley

or the floam thing advertised on tv.  6 pots for £19.95 plus £5 delivery that are now selling in the pound shop for ........(drum roll)... you got it £1.00 each.

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
  • Administrative Bleeper!
  • Token Nutcase :D
« Reply #3 on: Sunday January 14, 2007, 06:25:59 PM »
There's a fellow over here who introduces himself as "Bill Mays" and tries to get you to buy cleaning products of dubious worth. I hate his commercials becuase he yells everything he says. Seriously. It's not angry yelling, but why on earth do people think that some Bill Mays guy yelling at us is going to encourage us to buy a product? ???

Y'all have floam over there, too?

Lessee, a comercial that I like... I'll give it some thought and post again later.
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
  • The World's Happiest Uncle
    • Matt's English Adventures Blog
« Reply #4 on: Sunday January 14, 2007, 07:38:41 PM »
This one will probably stir the pot a bit, but I need to say it...

The adverts I really hate are the NSPCC ones. For those of you that don't know what I'm on with, I've included a couple of links to on-line versions. Disclaimer: The videos referenced in the below links may be disturbing to some viewers. I take no responsibility for said disturbance. Follow links at your own discretion. In other words... Don't blame me or Skincell if you start crying :)

http://anon.groovy.speedera.net/anon.groovy/clients/nspcc/fullstop6_hb.asx
http://anon.groovy.speedera.net/anon.groovy/clients/nspcc/telephone_hb.asx

I know, it's a very worth cause, and I'm 110% behind the NSPCC. I know the adverts need to be shown to raise awareness, and I know they're just actors in the ad's, but crikey, they have me on the brink of bursting into tears every time one pops up. I hate them purely for this reason alone. I've tried to avoid them, but they just appear. It scares me so much that one person could be so cruel.. :'(  :'(

Other adverts I hate include the T-Mobile Flext advert. It's more the music actually, but still, the ad is a bit silly.

Bama, in the UK, Bill Mays is known as Barry Scott, he sell Cillit Bang cleaners, and yes, he shouts everything, and yes, he's <bleep> annoying. I totally empathise with you on that one. "REMEMBER HOW IT DID IN THE PENNY TEST!!!" Yes, we do, you shouted before, and just to take the mick, you're showing us the penny test again! Now put "8 simple rules" back on.. Grrrrr.

I could go on with the list of advert's I hate, but it'd be a really long post then, and I don't want to bore you. There are a few that I like, but I can't remember what they're actually advertising, so I can't really identify all them for the masses. The one I find quite amusing is for Always (Sorry Wooley), purely because of the women throwing their underwear out of the window! Has me in stitches! ;D

Another good one (although not shown on British TV to my knowledge) is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeNNxQuo1Jc that advert for condoms.

All the best,

M.
« Last Edit: Sunday January 14, 2007, 07:45:35 PM by MattC1981 »
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
The Doppler Effect - Why bad ideas seem good when they are coming towards you at high speed. Don't rush things!!!

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: Sunday January 14, 2007, 08:06:28 PM »
Matt I have to agree, those NSPCC ads are far to "in your face". I guess their fund raising people would think they are doing a good job to get that reaction.  :-\

I have to be honest, we tend to record most things we want to watch, and watch them on time-slip, for the exact purpose of avoiding watching any adverts at all... I find it so annoying when I get engrossed in a programme and then suddenly 9 minutes later there is an ad break.

Wooley

roni

« Reply #6 on: Monday January 15, 2007, 03:28:02 PM »
The condom one was quite funny LOL and a wake up call to all those single people who dont use them  ;)

Offline AndyBruceWillis

• SkinCell Grand
  • Piano
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #7 on: Monday January 15, 2007, 05:56:34 PM »
I like that Subway on where its the end of the first date and guy has just left. The girl is telling her mates how gorgeous he is and starts to talk about weddings and babies. Then the guy reappaers as he ain't left just yet :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Summertime Blues

Offline andyb

• Global Moderator
  • of Wackiness
  • I've been Simpsonized!
    • Welcome to my Concorde website
« Reply #8 on: Sunday February 04, 2007, 04:25:28 PM »
Not an advert as such but at school many years ago we used to like parodying what we'd seen on TV (Pythonists could be seen doing silly walks between classes for example - and even more strangely boys doing the Shake'n'Vac advert in the playground and giggling inanely  ??? ).

One of the entertainers in Bristol at that time was Fred Wedlock (remember his No 1 hit 'Oldest Swinger in Town' - he was actually an Alumnus of my old school - Bristol Grammar - but I digress) and one of our favourites was his skit on washing powders.

His 'product' that he parodied was called Best Universal Grit Grime and Effluent Remover and had the catchphrase:

"If DAZ won't lift it and OMO won't shift it then B****r it"!

I think of it whenever I hear a washing powder claiming to wash "whiter than white"  ::)

He also had another product - the 'Finest Universal Cleanser Known' .... but I'll stop there  ;)

One advert that really does annoy me is that shampoo one with the girl in the shower going "Yes!, YES!!, OH YES!!!"

andyb
« Last Edit: Sunday February 04, 2007, 09:26:05 PM by andyb »
I'm playing The SkinCell Daily Quiz - are you??

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Sunday February 04, 2007, 04:43:41 PM »
Wow, Matt. I took the risk and followed your link... I can't imagine that popping up when least expected. That's awful. I suppose the awfullist thing is knowing that it really happens... :shudder:

I was unpleasantly reminded of my least favorite ad just today, since the ad council has seen fit to bring it back. The ad council, best I can tell, is dedicated to public service announcements like the links you showed. This one deals with raising awareness for asthma. The final point is a child saying "I don't want to feel like a fish with no water," but the visual - a goldfish left to die - makes me want to go slap someone. I'm not saying that asthma isn't a worthy cause, but killing an animal to make that point... :shake:

On a happier note, I recently saw a commerical that I loved and had nearly forgotten! Unfortunately, they don't have their little mascots on their website, but it ran like this: a car dealer hires a (comptuer animated) announcer to announce a sale at the dealership. The announcer gets only a few words into his spiel when he's surrounded by (computer animated) cars that steal his toupe and generally have a lot of fun - "Hey! I'm on TV!" My favorite one is the little creen car that doesn't talk, he just sticks his tongue out from between his bumpers.

I wish I had a link for y'all... those cars were too adorable!
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
« Reply #10 on: Friday February 16, 2007, 09:36:34 PM »
and even more strangely boys doing the Shake'n'Vac advert in the playground and giggling inanely  ??? ).

Unfortunately, but sometimes rather amusingly, one of our teacher's at school had the shakes, and because he was also seen hoovering up in the staff room (after a big teacher's bust-up about other messy teachers) he got the nickname "Shake N Vac".

He tought IT, which meant that whenever he would type something, it would occasionally come out with exxxxxxxxxxtra lettttttters here and thereeeeeeee. He managed to balance it out with the delete key though. ;D

The Doppler Effect - Why bad ideas seem good when they are coming towards you at high speed. Don't rush things!!!

Offline AndyBruceWillis

• SkinCell Grand
  • Piano
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #11 on: Saturday February 17, 2007, 08:20:18 AM »
All those injured? Not your fault? no win no fee adverts!

No the adverts themselves but the reflection on how society has changed for the worse IMO. Not saying we shouldn't claim if there is a genuine reason but its too much encouragement of claims of a dubious nature.
Summertime Blues

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
« Reply #12 on: Sunday February 18, 2007, 07:47:07 PM »
Watching the music channel the other day. They had the top 50 sexiest women on.

Anyway, during the breaks, there were these ringtone adverts.... You know the ones...

"Get "Gnarls Berkely - Crazy" on your mobile....

Text GnarlsM for the Mono
Text GnarlsP for the Poly
Text GnarlsT for the Truetone

to blah blah blah. Texts cost 5p plus your normal network rate, but you'll subscribe to a club and we'll screw you for £10 a week until you text Cancel to a number we won't give you.

They're obviously tight-pursed, because they speak so fast, that if the stuff wasn't printed on the screen, you wouldn't stand a chance...

M.

Offline andyb

• Global Moderator
  • of Wackiness
  • I've been Simpsonized!
« Reply #13 on: Friday March 09, 2007, 09:36:44 AM »
Perhaps it's just me but does anyone else think that the recent Foster's Twist advert (laid-back lager) is just plain silly to the point of being annoying?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bJpGm1xFq0

IMHO it's not as good as previous Fosters ads. Try these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiZZmxSl_8w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0bN-T6wuQU

ps this spoof version of the Twist advert did make me laugh - if you look carefully you can see the wire holding the bottle up at the end  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtFGG2HCYvQ

btw - they don't make them like they used to.... try this one from 1981 ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Wu3Pc6F7I

Thank goodness  :up:

andyb

Offline itchychick

• Global Moderator
  • Peachy Sunshine
« Reply #14 on: Friday March 09, 2007, 09:38:07 PM »

btw - they don't make them like they used to.... try this one from 1981 ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Wu3Pc6F7I

Thank goodness  :up:

andyb

The hair!  The suit!

Offline Hobbob

• SkinCell God
« Reply #15 on: Saturday March 10, 2007, 01:00:47 PM »
Theres quite a few adverts, past & present, that i love for various reasons - i seem to be constantly trawling YouTube for them  ::)

Try these - apologies to folk outside UK who might not have seen them before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSOo4A9Z2FA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPw3rMQ84z8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avrzvdR5Y4Y

& then theres this, particularly Scottish 1 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhySMCNUrwU

On the down side, i hate cleaning product ads (esp. Cillit Bang  >:(), & loan ads..

R.
"So i trust it goes without saying that i would feel really very sad, if tomorrow you were to fall off something high or catch something bad"

Offline Hobbob

• SkinCell God
« Reply #16 on: Saturday March 10, 2007, 08:21:33 PM »
For those of you who hate the Cillit Bang ads, look what i just found:

http://www.chargrilled.co.uk/t-shirts/proddetail.asp?prod=m0hiiambarryscott&cat=46

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
"So i trust it goes without saying that i would feel really very sad, if tomorrow you were to fall off something high or catch something bad"

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: Saturday March 10, 2007, 09:18:09 PM »
:roll:

I havn't actually looked at your links yet, Hobb, but I LOVE your avitar!! Cookies, huh? :up:

Welcome to Skincell, by the way!

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: Sunday March 11, 2007, 05:08:29 PM »
Not keen on the new "Diet Coke Break" ad. Only because, personally, the new bloke isn't a patch on the one in the previous Diet Coke ad.

:shake:

Offline itchychick

• Global Moderator
  • Peachy Sunshine
« Reply #19 on: Sunday March 11, 2007, 05:17:24 PM »
Not keen on the new "Diet Coke Break" ad. Only because, personally, the new bloke isn't a patch on the one in the previous Diet Coke ad.

:drool:  he was delicious!

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
    • My Blog
« Reply #20 on: Sunday March 11, 2007, 06:43:37 PM »

You can say that again!

Offline totalfolly

• SkinCell Friend
  • Crazy Cat Hero
    • Jo & Co. in Virginia
« Reply #21 on: Sunday March 11, 2007, 09:29:21 PM »
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!   :drool:

I'll take two, please.  ;D

totalfolly

"If you hear a voice within you say 'You cannot paint'
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Offline Hobbob

• SkinCell God
« Reply #22 on: Monday March 12, 2007, 08:34:14 PM »

I havn't actually looked at your links yet, Hobb, but I LOVE your avitar!! Cookies, huh?

I stole it off some1 on another forum i frequent  ;) Iv got a few other good 1s tho, might change my avi from time to time - change is good after all :)

btw; MattC, i posted the condom ad link on the other forums im on - its been giving alot of ppl alot of laughs :)

R.

Offline LIGA girl

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Cicadas
  • Me Simpsonized!
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday March 13, 2007, 11:38:14 AM »
Perhaps it's just me but does anyone else think that the recent Foster's Twist advert (laid-back lager) is just plain silly to the point of being annoying?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bJpGm1xFq0

IMHO it's not as good as previous Fosters ads. Try these:

These Think Australian Drink Australian ads arent very complimentary to us Aussies, but on the other hand they are far better than ads we get here .... If you guys think you've got stuff to complain about, dont watch our ads, at least yours have some creativity in them. It is also interesting to see how we are regarded internationally ... not very suave I must say. Though when I think about it, our own beer ads portray Aussie men as pretty stupid, but not in quite the same way that these ones do. At least they dont take themselves too seriously, not like the old one with the hair do and the suit!  :o

Offline LIGA girl

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Cicadas
  • Me Simpsonized!
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday March 13, 2007, 11:41:14 AM »

You can say that again!

see what I mean?? Not fair, we dont get this ....

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
    • My Blog
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday March 13, 2007, 02:21:12 PM »
LG, have no fear, YouTube's here:  http://youtube.com/watch?v=HI3Ft363PZ8

As for ads concerning Australian people - how about Sheila's Wheels? I have to say I absolutely love those ads - they are funny and the are really catchy too. BUT is every woman in Australia really referred to as a "Sheila"? Alf Stewart didn't help in that department either, IMHO!

Wooley

Offline LIGA girl

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Cicadas
  • Me Simpsonized!
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday March 13, 2007, 07:34:18 PM »
LG, have no fear, YouTube's here:  http://youtube.com/watch?v=HI3Ft363PZ8
Thanks Woo! I have seen this one before though ... it is a good one!

As for ads concerning Australian people - how about Sheila's Wheels? I have to say I absolutely love those ads - they are funny and the are really catchy too. BUT is every woman in Australia really referred to as a "Sheila"?
It is a generic term, like chick or babe, but is pretty dated now. I dont think it is used very often anymore. I dont know what Sheila's Wheels is .... never heard of it  ???

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
    • My Blog
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday March 13, 2007, 08:02:37 PM »
LG: Sheila's Wheels is a car insurance company for women. You can see the site here but I don't think the adverts are on it.
http://www.sheilaswheels.com

The standard ad is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrKaQRIXPNw see what I mean about catchy?

During my googling for this, I have discovered entire fan sites for the Sheila's etc... has the world gone mad?

Wooley

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday March 13, 2007, 08:13:17 PM »
btw; MattC, i posted the condom ad link on the other forums im on - its been giving alot of ppl alot of laughs :)
R.

;D

I'm glad people are happy.

M.

Offline LIGA girl

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Cicadas
  • Me Simpsonized!
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday March 13, 2007, 08:15:37 PM »
LG: Sheila's Wheels is a car insurance company for women. You can see the site here but I don't think the adverts are on it.
http://www.sheilaswheels.com

The standard ad is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrKaQRIXPNw see what I mean about catchy?

During my googling for this, I have discovered entire fan sites for the Sheila's etc... has the world gone mad?

thanks Woo, I can understand why those ads attract that sort of following - it is an excelllent ad!
LG

Offline andyb

• Global Moderator
  • of Wackiness
  • I've been Simpsonized!
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday March 13, 2007, 08:51:34 PM »
have you noticed that the car in the Sheila's Wheels advert is going backwards - not to mention that the 'driver' only has her hands on the steering wheel occassionally and isn't looking where she's going either....

as Woo says Catchy tune though!

Offline LIGA girl

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Cicadas
  • Me Simpsonized!
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday March 13, 2007, 08:57:52 PM »
have you noticed that the car in the Sheila's Wheels advert is going backwards - not to mention that the 'driver' only has her hands on the steering wheel occassionally and isn't looking where she's going either....

Then they didnt actually have to come to Oz to film the ad  ...

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
    • My Blog
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday March 13, 2007, 09:17:08 PM »
Apparently they aren't Australian and they don't trade in Australia either.

It is one of those tunes that gets stuck in your head though.

Woo

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday March 13, 2007, 10:21:15 PM »

As Woo says Catchy tune though!

This ad would be a good example of how not to drive..... ;D

M.

Offline LIGA girl

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Cicadas
  • Me Simpsonized!
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday March 14, 2007, 02:34:55 AM »

I re- watched it and picked up that it is only in one shoot that they are going backwards, tho in another one, a dog is driving!

The really funny part for me is the difference between these gals driving in the outback and the sorts of drivers and cars you would actually see there .... certainly nothing like them. But it does have that happy, glam feeling about it, with a certain Thelma & Louise feel too.

For a creepy view of the outback, google Wolf Creek and look at the wikipedia account of this film. Dont look at the official website  - it would be too scary. I saw this film  a few years ago and resolved that I would never go west of the Great Divide ever again!

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
    • My Blog
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday March 14, 2007, 06:10:27 AM »
I think it's most likely safe to say that people watching Sheila's Wheels adverts realise they are a bit of a laugh and wouldn't really think they are a true portrayal of Australian life  ;)  I couldn't find any of the other ones but I've seen some longer versions before with men with hats (with corks hanging down), looking all butch in bars with pints of whatever... and then moaning on about how they wished they were sheila's or similar. The longer versions are actually really funny.

Woo

Offline LIGA girl

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Cicadas
  • Me Simpsonized!
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday March 14, 2007, 10:46:17 AM »
There is a series of beer ads here that were a bit like that, and they were really funny too. It started out with this group of guys going for a fishing trip, then realising that the boat was stuck on a beach and wouldnt ever float anywhere, due to the poor planning of their leader, but luckily there is a huge hold on the boat full of coldies, so they are set. The ads then go on to detail the adventures they have stuck on the beached boat while drinking beer and trying to fish. They have all sorts of odd visitors, such as a backpacker and his nonEnglishspeakingbutverybeautifulSwedish girlfriend. The backpacker has to convince one of them that it doesnt matter that she doesnt speak English ...

Anyway, the point of the ads seems to be that men are pretty stupid, but give them some cold beers (and possibly some mindless sex) and they will be perfectly happy! this is such a change from ads a few years ago where men were of the James Bond ilk, or even the Crocodile Dundee type, as you've probably got in the Sheila's Wheels ads by the sound of it, and they had some sort of attractive masculine quality. Now, it seems, the dumber and less attractive the better! At least in ad land ...

Offline andyb

• Global Moderator
  • of Wackiness
  • I've been Simpsonized!
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday March 14, 2007, 08:21:47 PM »
and even more strangely boys doing the Shake'n'Vac advert in the playground and giggling inanely  ??? ).

Unfortunately, but sometimes rather amusingly, one of our teacher's at school had the shakes, and because he was also seen hoovering up in the staff room (after a big teacher's bust-up about other messy teachers) he got the nickname "Shake N Vac".

Hey Matt - I've tracked down the Shake'n'Vac advert - cringe factor 10 methinks - see what you guys make of it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRlGQvOxDwI  ;D

andyb

Offline LIGA girl

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Cicadas
  • Me Simpsonized!
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday March 14, 2007, 11:31:02 PM »
Yes, andyb, pretty bad. How old is it? I'd give it a 9 on the cringe scale.

LG

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
« Reply #39 on: Thursday March 15, 2007, 05:49:01 PM »

Hey Matt - I've tracked down the Shake'n'Vac advert - cringe factor 10 methinks - see what you guys make of it....

andyb

AAAAAAGH that tune..... ;D
AAAAAAGH that skirt......;D
AAAAAAGH the words.... ;D

Serious cringing there!!!!

Still hilarious though. To think, todays air freshener adverts have animated animals in them (the elephant that speaks in a yorkshire accent? How weird is that?

M.

Offline AndyBruceWillis

• SkinCell Grand
  • Piano
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #40 on: Thursday March 15, 2007, 05:53:52 PM »
I try not to watch television. Its a shame you can't get an ad blocker :laugh:
Summertime Blues

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: Saturday March 17, 2007, 05:36:53 PM »

andyb

:o

No words. Just :o My mouth is literally open.

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
« Reply #42 on: Saturday March 17, 2007, 06:06:54 PM »
Anyway, the new Skoda advert is quite funny.....

http://www.skoda.co.uk/skoda3g/happiness.aspx and follow the "New TV  Ad" link...

Matt

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
    • My Blog
« Reply #43 on: Saturday March 17, 2007, 06:08:57 PM »
Whew, that shake n vac ad brought back some memories. As if anyone would be that happy & dancing around whilst vacuuming!!

That is another of those tunes that stuck in my head though...

Wooley

Offline AndyBruceWillis

• SkinCell Grand
  • Piano
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #44 on: Sunday March 18, 2007, 08:21:35 AM »
CILLIT BANG ADS
Summertime Blues

Offline LIGA girl

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Cicadas
  • Me Simpsonized!
« Reply #45 on: Sunday March 18, 2007, 09:17:58 AM »
CILLIT BANG ADS

Uh, andi, is that like or hate?? 

I just watched one and umm,,,, they are pretty umm,,, non challenging to the imagination  ... or is it just me?

Offline AndyBruceWillis

• SkinCell Grand
  • Piano
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #46 on: Sunday March 18, 2007, 09:33:02 AM »
CILLIT BANG ADS

Uh, andi, is that like or hate?? 

I just watched one and umm,,,, they are pretty umm,,, non challenging to the imagination  ... or is it just me?

Defo hate!  ???
Summertime Blues

Offline LIGA girl

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Cicadas
  • Me Simpsonized!
« Reply #47 on: Sunday March 18, 2007, 09:37:49 AM »
Thought so  ....

Offline AndyBruceWillis

• SkinCell Grand
  • Piano
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #48 on: Sunday March 18, 2007, 09:39:40 AM »
THERE SO LOUD!
Summertime Blues

Offline LIGA girl

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Cicadas
  • Me Simpsonized!
« Reply #49 on: Sunday March 18, 2007, 09:44:50 AM »
I just watched them on the Net so could turn the sound down ... luckily!

Offline andyb

• Global Moderator
  • of Wackiness
  • I've been Simpsonized!
« Reply #50 on: Sunday March 18, 2007, 12:09:17 PM »
Anyway, the new Skoda advert is quite funny.....

http://www.skoda.co.uk/skoda3g/happiness.aspx and follow the "New TV  Ad" link...

Matt

Ha ha! What a great 'feel good' adddie! - got me smiling all the way through - I laughed out loud especially for the bit where the machines are cheering behind the closed doors  :laugh: Thanks for posting  :up:

ps Actually, it seems strange that not so long ago we were making jokes about Skoda and Skoda drivers:

Motorist: Can I have a locking petrol cap for my Skoda?

Parts Shop Owner: That seems like a fair swap, Sir!

« Last Edit: Monday March 26, 2007, 11:10:20 AM by andyb »

Offline Hobbob

• SkinCell God
« Reply #51 on: Sunday March 25, 2007, 08:32:53 PM »
Ok, iv just thought of another ad, wel, series of ads, that i hate, only they're radio ads, not tv 1s, & i think they're only heard hear in Scotland (jeez, im really whittling down the amount of folk who might of heard it, aint i??). For a company called Tile It All. Damn annoying ads that go something along the lines of:

"Hi, im Tony from Tile It All!

Depending on which ad it is he either goes into a big speech about "You buy 1, you get 1 free, you buy 2 you get 2 free, you buy 3, you get 3 free, 3.." , or "Our most Spanishy-ist tiles ever"

And it always finshes with

"Tell them Tony from Tile It All sent ya!"

Damn annoying..

Theres also a few ads, for different kitchen design shops that runs on local radio here. Both of them finish with "find us on St Clair Street, opposite Rejects". Maybe that seems normal, but everything on St Clair Street is opposite Rejects..  ::)

R.

Offline andyb

• Global Moderator
  • of Wackiness
  • I've been Simpsonized!
« Reply #52 on: Monday March 26, 2007, 11:19:12 AM »
Anyone remember the amusing Cadbury Smash instant mashed potato addies from the 80's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0YF_oNyQXE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ3nnn7-JO0

Offline Hobbob

• SkinCell God
« Reply #53 on: Monday March 26, 2007, 08:36:16 PM »
Id completely forgotten about the Smash ads - tho im young enough not too remember them - brilliant!  ;D

R.

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
    • My Blog
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday March 27, 2007, 07:00:31 AM »
This will sound like a weird one, but at the moment I absolutely love the Gaviscon advert because when the little guys go down and spray the cooling spray around it really does show exactly how it feels when you take Gaviscon for heartburn!

Wooley

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday March 27, 2007, 05:14:17 PM »
This will sound like a weird one, but at the moment I absolutely love the Gaviscon advert because when the little guys go down and spray the cooling spray around it really does show exactly how it feels when you take Gaviscon for heartburn!

Wooley

[voice=Best Moustached Fireman #3]

Gaviscon.... What a feeling!!

[/voice]

Matt

roni

« Reply #56 on: Saturday April 21, 2007, 02:34:59 PM »
the new tesco's clothing ad...... a woman riding a horse in a muddy field wearing no shoes and a white evening dress (yeah right) she gets off the horse takes the dress off wipes her legs with it and then gets the exact same dress out of her bag and goes into the party.

GET A CAR!

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
« Reply #57 on: Thursday March 20, 2008, 08:03:44 PM »
A new one I really don't like is the

"Are you ready for bingo lotto"

with the man with the squeaky voice on Virgin One

it's so annoying having it over and over and over and over and over.

M.