Author Topic: Why does my skin look so strange?  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Narcissa

Why does my skin look so strange?
« on: Thursday September 21, 2006, 10:50:42 PM »
I've just moved to college, and I have the most awful bathroom mirror you can imagine. My skin's been o.k. recently, not too much eczema or redness and I've been feelig okay about it. But every evening when I wash my face and look in the mirror under that flourescent bright white light, I see dark red spots and pink patches. Is this some trick of the light? I've started to worry now, I'm concious about these phantom red bits that come out at night  ??? Does anyone have any ideas?

Narcissa
Your car was upside-down when I got here.

Monkeyboots

Re: Why does my skin look so strange?
« Reply #1 on: Friday September 22, 2006, 09:56:21 AM »
Hi Narcissa,

I think the act of washing probably tends to make the skin temporarily sensitive and blotchy, I know I often look blotchy after bathing (before the ringworm episode). 

Flourescent lights are awful, its not a natural light.  I know in the past I could be feeling fairly happy with my appearance  and then I'd go into a bathroom with flourescent lighting and I'd feel really ugly, I think they should be banned. ;)

With the ringworm I have at the moment after a bath it seems to really flare up red looking.  I think it is probably similar with a lot of skin conditions.  Of course, if you tend to wash with really hot water maybe good idea to try warm water instead. 

If you are anxious as well, it could be a bit of a nervous blotch I get those too.

best wishes with college.
Monkeyboots

Offline blunder_boy

« Reply #2 on: Friday September 22, 2006, 02:11:10 PM »
Hey Narcissa

I think you should really try and reduce your anxiety surrounding your skin problem.  I know, from my own experience, that it is easier said than done but if you keep stressing its only going to reflect in your skin!

Im sure you look beautiful anyway and doubt anyone knows you have a skin prob!

Offline GScar

• May your days be pain free.
« Reply #3 on: Friday September 22, 2006, 05:51:05 PM »
Im sure you look beautiful anyway and doubt anyone knows you have a skin prob!

that was so nice blunder_boy. i totally agree with this Narcissa.

i also agree with Monkeyboots  about washing your face making it more sensitive for a period of time. i fortunately have no problems with the skin on my face, but even having good skin when i was my face it gets red and splotchy for a while. and yes i think the fluorescent lighting is playing bad tricks on your eyes. were i used to work we had fluorescent lighting in the rooms and bathrooms and i would leave home thinking i looked okay and then get to work and my make up would look atrocious. i would be so self contious and ask some of the other girls if i looked okay. they would always tell me yes and to stop worrying.  i decided it was the lighting. maybe if you can go buy some other type of light to use in the bathroom, like a lighted makeup mirror or something and see if that will help. but above all girl! stop worrying so much, you're avatar pic is gorgeous. you are a very pretty young woman and you are at college and have too much to do and see and enjoy to have so much worry on your mind. after you wash your face don't inspect it wait a while & then go back in if you can't stand not checking it out.

:hugs: to ya....
Gina

Offline diemydarlingxo

• Registered member
    • psuedo.cide {myspace}
« Reply #4 on: Saturday September 23, 2006, 07:40:48 AM »
Truthfully- it could be your makeup.  If you're using one with SPF which yes, you should do, however the stuff they use in there seems to change skin tone depending on lighting.  Personally, I think a much better approach would be a moisturizer with spf, letting it dry and then trying some of MAC's powder-foundation hybrid called Studio Fix.  I am absolutely in love with this stuff.  http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY15107&PRODUCT_ID=PROD1379  Good luck!

Offline GScar

• May your days be pain free.
« Reply #5 on: Saturday September 23, 2006, 07:44:03 AM »
Truthfully- it could be your makeup.  If you're using one with SPF which yes, you should do, however the stuff they use in there seems to change skin tone depending on lighting.  Personally, I think a much better approach would be a moisturizer with spf, letting it dry and then trying some of MAC's powder-foundation hybrid called Studio Fix.  I am absolutely in love with this stuff.  http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY15107&PRODUCT_ID=PROD1379  Good luck!

wow, never even thought of that.

Offline Daisey

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Little Angels
« Reply #6 on: Saturday September 23, 2006, 07:45:06 AM »
 ???  me either

Daisey
Life is a wonderful journey, enjoy every day, be thankful for love, & live for the moment! :-)

Monkeyboots

« Reply #7 on: Monday October 02, 2006, 11:44:42 AM »
Hi Narcissa,

how you getting on?  Hope you are not too down with your skin probs.

best wishes
M.B