Author Topic: localized (SCALP PSORIASIS)  (Read 22806 times)

Offline unogirl45

Re: localized (SCALP PSORIASIS)
« Reply #20 on: Friday September 15, 2006, 11:18:49 PM »
Hi Wooley, I wouldn't have asked my GP about a prescription so you have probably saved me a packet. ;D
Thanks so much Ellie

Offline masemler

• Registered member
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday October 03, 2006, 06:49:32 PM »
just curious?  Has anyone tried this creme on their hands or feet?  Thanks for the input.

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #22 on: Thursday October 05, 2006, 06:19:30 PM »
just curious?  Has anyone tried this creme on their hands or feet?  Thanks for the input.
I haven't as I only have plaque P on my scalp, and I think it is actually designed for use on the scalp. Having said that, I don't see why it should cause any problems if it were used elsewhere.
Best of luck

Wooley

Offline PSU2

• Registered member
« Reply #23 on: Saturday October 07, 2006, 06:43:04 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I am in Canada anyone know if I can get this stuff here?!? Sounds like a the perfect thing for me, but I was also wondering I have long straight hair and it's not so think so I can't be shaving any of it off, will I still be able to spread the cream on my scalp amoungst all the hair? My psoriasis goes from the base of my neck basically to my forehead, is it a realistic thought to be able to cover the whole area? Is it expensive? I am a struggling student so money could be a major factor in my use!!!!

Thx
~PS

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #24 on: Saturday October 14, 2006, 06:16:31 PM »
Hi PS

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Actually if you decided to use Cocois you are lucky that you have thin hair. It will be easier to apply for you. Mine is currently growing back in places and I can still apply it, although my hair is so thick I won't be growing it back to the length of the rest of my hair in the affected patch.

I am sure that you would be able to buy it online.... have you tried searching for it in google?

Best of luck

Wooley

Offline ulla

• Registered member
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday November 28, 2006, 07:45:21 PM »
wooley.....
I have a question for you.  I just decided to order the cocois today for my scalp psoriasis upon your recommendation on this site.  I am anxouis to try it.  My question is this.....have you heard of Denorex shampoo (a coal tar shampoo).  Is it more effective than this product?  I hope so....
Also, We were corresponding in a site about PA and you said you were having some joint pain.  What ever became of it?  I hope it resolved.
Looking forward to your response.

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday November 28, 2006, 07:55:30 PM »
Hi Ulla

I am sorry to say I haven't tried Denorex shampoo. I tried Polytar a long time ago, which was also a coal tar shampoo. I didn't really react well to it - it made my scalp P flare, and flake really badly, worse than if I used not treatment at all. I find the cocois much more effective in clearing my scalp.

Thanks for asking about the joint pain... actually at the moment it's not really noticeable at all. How are you doing?

Wooley

Offline ulla

• Registered member
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday November 29, 2006, 06:31:23 PM »
I'm doing good.  I'm anxious to try the cocois because the Denorex just isn't cutting it.  I had never heard of cocois here in the USA.
I'm so glad to hear the joint problems didn't amount to anything.  Do you still have the nail pitting?  Mine is only acting up on 2 nails at the moment.  The other ones are now growing out fine.

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday November 29, 2006, 07:10:15 PM »
I hope your cocois arrives soon then, and that it helps you.

I only have nail pitting on my smallest finger on my right. I am keeping an eye on it but there's not much I could do at the moment anyway as I'm pregnant and not going to take any meds or anything...  that is what I was referring to in this post http://www.skincell.org/yabbse/index.php/topic,21096.0.html but it was too early to say it on the forum   ;)

Take care

Wooley

Offline ulla

• Registered member
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday November 29, 2006, 09:31:37 PM »
congrats!!!!  I have a 4 year old and an 8 month old myself.  I have rarely ever used a prescription on my psoriasis in all the 19 years I have had it.  So many people I know get P worse after they stop the steroid creams.  Since mine is hidden by my hair and has stayed small I just let it go.  My nail pitting has come and gone over the years for no rhyme or reason.
How far along are you? 
Just curious how old you are.  I am 34.

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #30 on: Thursday November 30, 2006, 06:00:06 AM »
Hi Ulla

I tried betacap scalp solution (steroid) for a while but to be honest it did nothing for me. I have heard that some people get worse if they stop steroids suddenly - you should always cut down gradually or it can lead to flares worse than before you even started.

I'm 35 and this is my 3rd child (I will be just 36 when he/she is born) - I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old and this one is 15 weeks along. Delighted to be in the second trimester at last, it really dragged this time. This is definitely the last one for us though. I have a 10 year old step daughter as well and 3.5 is definitely enough for me!

I will keep an eye on my pitted nail... would be interesting to see if it grew out like you said yours has.

Great to swap stories!

:hugs:

Wooley

Offline maryb1655

• Registered member
« Reply #31 on: Friday July 06, 2012, 09:59:09 AM »
Hi
Anyone out there with scalp psoriasis will know the itch can drive you mad. My Doctor prescribed Cocois ointment which was absolutely brilliant. It was the first thing that eased the itch and removed the scales. However now my Doctor tells me it is no longer available. Could anyone tell me where I could buy this product. Please help before I tear my hair out.
Regards
Mary