Author Topic: Please help me!! Dyshidrotic eczema!  (Read 161201 times)

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
Re: Please help me!! Dyshidrotic eczema!
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday August 08, 2006, 07:04:00 AM »
Really? That's super weird, you must have realllly senstive hands!! My derm said it's near impossible to become allergic to vaseline! Aw *special hugs*
My hands are almost back to normal, just patches of lil flakes here and there. Have to say the skin on my palms is very thin, gona have a paraffin wax treatment at work soon, deep moisture treatment! Just hope this is the last outbreak...at least for a while! I need a break lol it's SO nice to feel soft skin again on my hands!!  ;D

Offline vera

• Registered SkinCell Member
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday August 08, 2006, 08:59:52 PM »
Mmmm... the pics do not like dyshidrosis... except the one of the palm. DE occurs on palms and soles and sides of fingers and toes. Your thang looks more like contact allergy, glad your dr is testing for that.

Best of luck!

Vera

Offline SF

• SkinCell Grand
  • Femme Fatale
  • Former 008
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday August 08, 2006, 09:10:12 PM »
Wow! people with dyshidrotic eczema on the boards have increased since the last time i've been around!

I agree with Vera on this one, the pics (except for the one of the hand) don't look totally like dyshydrotic. I suffer from contact derm due to nickel and a whole bunch of other stuff, and when my skin flares up it tends to look like the other pics.

Good luck with the allergy tests! I hate allergy's....they're a TOTAL pain.
"The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease". Voltaire

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday August 08, 2006, 09:51:19 PM »
The pics were taken a couple of weeks after the blisters had erupted. Next time I have an outbreak I'll take a picture then.

I personally think the rash on my arms and backs of hands was a form of heat rash, it's only occured to me these past few days though.
It came up when it was extremely hot here, was red, hot, clammy and itchy. I was putting cream on it, thinking it was eczema, it this is what it looked like. I've since read on the net you shouldn't put cream on heat rash as it traps the sweat into the skin and makes the condition worse.
Even now when I'm having baths or showers, the redness comes back, so i'll make a point to tell my derm this at my next appointment.

I still think the blisters on my hands and feet is dyshidrosis, being triggered by something. Only time will tell  ;)

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday August 09, 2006, 02:59:46 PM »
I'm really upset  :'( I've just noticed what looks like about 3 small new blisters under the skin of my left palm. I can feel a lump and it's orangy-red with darker dots - the fluid.

I'm gutted. My skin has only just recovered.

Offline Alohamora

• SkinCell God
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday August 09, 2006, 03:48:05 PM »
Chichaboo,

One thing that really helped me with small outbreaks is flax seed oil. I take 2 or 3 grams of flaxseed oil everyday. Several times when I forgot, I started to get some blisters and then within a couple of hours of taking the flaxseed oil the blisters would just disappear again. 

All I have left is a rough patch of skin on my middle finger, everything else has healed, but this little patch is very stubborn.
You are what you eat.

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday August 09, 2006, 04:39:52 PM »
Ah I've been meaning to get some, I'll try find some asap.

One thing that did cross my mind it is could be a heat problem. I've done 2 sets of nails wearing cotton gloves with plastic ones over the top throught the treatment, no products came into contact with my skin what so ever.

2 pairs of gloves = hot hands. Maybe this could be the possible cause of these blisters?

I'm still sure the rashes on my arms and legs were heat rash, it has been severely hot here, only cooling down for the past 2 weeks. Maybe my hands and feet are connected to the heat too. The only other thing I could think it might be is the dust from filing nails, even though I've had my extractor fan on today.

I just feel like I'm back to square one, as soon as one outbreak dies, a few days later it starts all over again.

Offline AndyBruceWillis

• SkinCell Grand
  • Piano
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday August 09, 2006, 05:08:45 PM »
Chichaboo,

These gloves may help. They have nitrile palms and a woven back and therefore breathable. PM your address and i can send you a pair to try if you want. Guys at work like these as they offer some degree of chemical protection whilst not making your hand hot and sweaty

http://www.arco.co.uk/cgi-bin/arcobvp.dll/Arco/controller?event=hierarchy&BV_SessionID=_at__at__at_@0950993986.1155142684@_at__at__at_&BV_EngineID=cccgaddihhgikjecflgcefkdfggdfon.0&open=Gloves
Summertime Blues

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday August 09, 2006, 05:11:15 PM »
Oooh that would be fab! They're not really big are they?! Lol.

Thankyou, I'll PM you my address *hugs*

Offline AndyBruceWillis

• SkinCell Grand
  • Piano
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday August 09, 2006, 05:12:25 PM »
All sizes available IIRC ;) and a better piccy
http://www.showagloves.com/265.htm
« Last Edit: Wednesday August 09, 2006, 05:14:46 PM by andi »
Summertime Blues

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday August 09, 2006, 05:17:38 PM »
Oooh funky!! I've PM'd you! Thankyou, you're a star *!!

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
  • Administrative Bleeper!
  • Token Nutcase :D
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday August 09, 2006, 07:21:02 PM »
:hugs: Heat does make it worse. That much is universal. Best of luck with the new gloves! :nod: :cf:
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday August 16, 2006, 07:25:08 AM »
Ok, my skins going weiiiiiiiiiiiiiiird....
After I found those blosters on my palms last wednesday, they've developed all over both palms...and only my palms..! You cannot feel them either, you can just see all the fluid dots right under my skin. I've not used ANY cream on them either. Saturday, my palms started peeling and then my fingers sarted. This outbreak hasn't been anywhere near as itchy as the last 2 either. I'm still aching to scratch though!!
Monday, my fingers swelled up, just my fingers. This morning, my hands have swelled up as well. The rashes on my arms and legs are bright red, flaky, scaly etc. I cannot get to a doctors til next monday either so I duno what to do  :( I've not been at work since saturday either yet all this swelling and peeling has happened on my 3 days off...weiiiird. Back to work today, just hope I can actually work through the swolleness!

Offline AndyBruceWillis

• SkinCell Grand
  • Piano
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday August 16, 2006, 12:00:43 PM »
Hows the work going? Your hands sound really bad right now :o. Can you not insist on seeing a duty doctor? Got this with my surgery.
Summertime Blues

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday August 16, 2006, 12:14:40 PM »
I've not done any acrylics yet, thats at 5pm so I'll letcha know how the funky gloves go!!

I cant see a doc cos I'm not going home until sunday evening! I stay with my nan during the week except mon and tues cos it's easier to get to and from work from her house. As far as I am aware i'm not allowed to hgo to another docs, any time I have tried this they have refused to see me as they don't have my medical records!!

I've got little cuts all over my palms and fingers, it's hurts so much.

I took pics this morning, you can't see the blisters as they're so far under the skin, this is my 'peeling' stage..

Swollen fingers.. http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/chichadiva/swollenhand.jpg

My left palm http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/chichadiva/fullpalm.jpg
Close up http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/chichadiva/flaky.jpg

Down one side of one finger http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/chichadiva/fingerrr.jpg

Rash on arms http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/chichadiva/rash.jpg

Ouuuchccchchcch yukyukyuk !!

Offline AndyBruceWillis

• SkinCell Grand
  • Piano
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday August 16, 2006, 01:25:43 PM »
That looks sore :-[. Has your derm seen it like that?
Summertime Blues

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday August 16, 2006, 01:31:05 PM »
When I saw my derm, the antibiotics I was on had started to work causing my rash on my arms to dry up, but he saw my hands when they were flaking and swollen.

I've stopped taking my contraceptive pill to see if that is the cause - my aunt suffered similar problems on the same brand of pill, so I'm hoping and praying it's that. My only other guess in inhaling acrylic dust. Or maybe I'm just a lost cause and destined to be like this forever for no reason  :(

Offline AndyBruceWillis

• SkinCell Grand
  • Piano
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday August 16, 2006, 01:37:42 PM »
I am no expert but have expirience of contact dermatis. That looks very much like it. Exposure to a an irritant causes sensitisation. Then any exposure to the same irritant can cause an adverse reaction. What happens if you have a week off work?
Summertime Blues

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday August 16, 2006, 02:07:36 PM »
Well I work 3 days off 4 days on, so sun, mon and tuesa i have off and the problem just continues, like my fingers have been swelling more and more sun, mon and tues just gone. It's like a cycle, blisters come up on hands, rash comes up on hands and legs and chest, blisters start to dry and harden, skin starts cracking the peeling revealing nice new skin underneath. A couple of days after looking like I'm normal again, the blisters come back. This keeps going whether I'm working or not.

When I did have a week off work a couple of weeks ago, I was put on antibiotics which immediately cleared the rash up, the swelling and state of my hands didnt subside though, then my hands started the peeling stage a couple of days later before I went back to work and the morning I got up for work more blisters and rash was back!!

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #39 on: Saturday September 09, 2006, 11:27:30 AM »
HELLOOOO!!

Well I've had my allergy tests done!!

I'm not allergic to my acrylic I use at work...I am however, allergic to nickel, steroid cream (!!) and a preservant found in shampoos, hand and face creams and household stuff etc etc. This is such a relief knowing this!!

I do still think it may be connected with the contraceptive pill, I came off it just over 3 weeks ago and my skin cleared up, I had 2 weeks of nice, clear skin, just a few red marks where the lumps had been and that was it. I went onto another brand of pill last tuesday, woke up on sunday and found loooadsa blisters on my hands and fingers again, stopped taking it straight away and my skin seems to be clearing up again. So gona stay off it from now on!!

One question regarding nickel...is it in all jewellry? I have several items that my boyfriend has given me over the years and I'd be really sad if I couldn't wear them again  :-\ Anything I could put on them to protect my skin?