Author Topic: Please help me!! Dyshidrotic eczema!  (Read 160701 times)

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
Please help me!! Dyshidrotic eczema!
« on: Monday July 24, 2006, 12:24:18 PM »
Heya, I've just joined *waves hello*

I'm going out of my mind here with frustrarion. Sorry this is gona be a lonnnnng story but Im desperate for advice and help.

About 4 months ago, I developed a sore on my left palm, that I'd been scratching during the night. I thought nothing of it until a few weeks later it had gotten bigger, and when dry, the skin has weird markings on, lines and dots, like scraches. My doctor diagnosed it as a fungal infection, prescribed some crap cream that did nothing really to help.

Soon, a few blisters appeared around my nails. Now, I'm a nail technician, and I know water blisters can be a symptom of an allergy to the acrylic we apply to nails. So I dashed to the doctors and saw the nurse who was convinced it was nothing to do with the acrylic. She prescribed some canesten to apply to the blisters and fungal patch. I started wearing non latex gloves when working and have done for every client ever since.

Soon, the blisters had spead all down my fingers, finger tips, palm on both hands. I also had a typical looking eczema rash on the backs of my hands, all up my arms and under my arms too. Went back to docs, was told it was probably a reaction to something but still not the acrylic, and that it appeared to also be a type of eczema. Was prescribed Eumovate cream for the blisters. At this point, I was certain, after being advised by a friend and searching on the net, that I was suffering with dyshidrotic eczema. I also had skin scrapings taken from the supposed fungal infection.

The canesten and eumovate seemed to work, the fungal infection appeared to die down, and the blisters dried out leaving thick skin. Then all the dead skin started peeling away to reveal new skin.
Both of my palms soon began to start itching though...the strange markings had re-appeared in the new skin on my palms, and last sunday I woke to find the blisters all over my fingers and palms again.

Went to the docs today and I've been prescribed another cream (not sure of the name yet as I've got to pick it up later). I'm now being told yes it's an allergy to the acrylic. I've consulted a friend of mine who is notorious for being the leader of the nail industry who is convinced its nothing to do with acrylic as the rash would appear where acrylic/acrylic monomer has touched the skin. This rash is on my soles and toes and I dont do nails with my feet!! When I'm doing nails, the skin doesnt really itch or burn or react in response to being near the chemicals, I'm doubtful it is my job thats causing it really.
Also, he skin results came back station negative for a fungal infection however a note was attached saying it could be negative cos the scrapings were so small so if my new cream fails to help I have to have more taken.

I've also mentioned it could be a reaction to the contraceptive pill I'm on; my aunt had the same skin problem with the same pill, so again, if the new cream fails, I'll be changed onto a diff pill.

My hands are severely itchy, sore and hot and I'm desperate for something to help. I've taken Piriton which doesnt really help with the itchyness, I'm holding frozen damp flannels on my hands for short term relief. I'm still wearing gloves for work too.
I've just read that Hydrogen Peroxide can help, can anyone give me advice on this?!
Also, should I be using a cream inbetween applying the prescribed creams? I've been using aqueous cream to help the dry skin on my palms, but I've also just read I shouldnt be applying extra moisture!!

Sorry this is so long and I should have probably done a search but I'm so desperate for help, I just wanted to give my story first to see if anyone could shed some light!!

Thanks, Layla xx

Offline Alohamora

• SkinCell God
Re: Please help me!! Dyshidrotic eczema!
« Reply #1 on: Monday July 24, 2006, 03:56:15 PM »
Hi, Chichaboo, Welcome to Skincell!

Does your doctor agree with you now, that it is really dyshidrotic eczema? If not, can they explain why they think it's something else?  To me, it sounds like it certainly could be, but D.E. only occurs on the hands and feet, so the rash on your arms is something else.

In all the reports I've read of people with D.E. there's no single substance that triggers it in everyone. Nickle (what mine is), cobalt, chromium, formaldehyde,  automotive oils and goodness knows what else. Many people say stress makes it worse.
I don't think I've heard of a link to contraceptive pills before, please let us know if that proves out to be the cause of yours.

I'm not a health professional of any type, so I won't tell you not to take steroids or use steroid creams, but I won't use them. It seems like they might help in the short term, but the D.E. always comes back worse when they're stopped.

The explanation of the hydrogen peroxide treatment is here: http://www.geocities.com/vyera/dyshidrosis/main.html

Good Luck fighting this!

You are what you eat.

Offline AndyBruceWillis

• SkinCell Grand
  • Piano
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #2 on: Monday July 24, 2006, 10:27:10 PM »
Hi Layla :hi:

Sorry I can't help but can say hello  :shakehug:
Summertime Blues

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday July 25, 2006, 08:51:31 AM »
Lol thanks

Well this morning my hands are worse, I have eczema all over the backs of my hands and up my arms, just looks like normal eczema which I'm used to! More blisters on my palms have come up too.

My palms are v v sore, dry and swollen. My middle finger on my left had, the skin around the nail has swollen over, my 'cuticle'/eponynichium has completely dissolved off thanks to the steroid cream, and the blisters have weeped all around it ugh.

I'm very itchy, sore and lumpybumpy...does anyone find this condition worsens in heat?

Offline Butterfly Girl

• Registered member
  • Free & Beautiful!
« Reply #4 on: Saturday July 29, 2006, 04:20:37 AM »
Hello!!

Well, you've just described what happened to me a year ago!

I was in the process of packing boxes, as we were moving home, and I had a sore patch on my hand, which turned into tiny blisters. After seeing numerous doctors, a dermatologist, and using god knows how many creams, lotions & potions, I diagnosed myself as having pompholyx eczema, which is another name for it. Sadly, my hands & foot have got worse over the year, but I put that down to using so much prescribed steroid cream & anti bacterial cream, and anti fungal cream, that my poor skin doesn't know what's normal cell growth anymore.

I truly believe that mine was triggered by stress, as we'd had a bad few years before moving home, and the buying/selling process took forever. Packing up a home, dealing with solicitors & agents, with two kids under 5 on an eternal summer holiday would be enough to send anyone over the stress edge! My neighbour who moved away 2 months ago came up with the same thing when she moved home, tiny blisters up & down her hands & fingers that itch like a bitch!

My advice to you is the same to her, don't pop the blisters! In my ignorance & frustration I did this, leading to broken skin, inviting infection, and suffering bleeding open sores all over the palms & finger tips of my hands, which I suffered for months. So don't pop em!

The other thing is when it itches, moisturise, don't scratch. Again, scratching leads to broken skin, open sores, yada yada..! And leave a good half hour between applying moisturises & meds. I found having the skin softened a bit by moisturisers helped the meds to work better.

I gave up using meds, and just used moisturiser, and I saw a bit of an improvement, but I think I'll always need something just incase of a nasty outbreak. I found calendula cream/gel helped, and aloe vera gel has a nice cooling effect, but they don't moisture enough. And I was given double base as a moisturiser, but I find it's not thick enough, so I'm usng anything now, hand creams mainly.

Be careful of that fading cuticle too. I had that, and like little dots or ridges on my fingernails. Not knowing what was happening, carried on regardless, and I've lost 5 fingernails. Not happy. And like you, used to have well kept nails. Not anymore. I don't know how you nip losing the nails in the bud, but please try! And if you save your nails, let me know how.

It's been a long reply, but I hope I've been of some help.  :)

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #5 on: Saturday July 29, 2006, 06:13:35 AM »
Heya

Thanks for replying!!

Its much worse now, I'm so miserable and tearful cos its so painful, I've been scratching in my sleep as well which doesnt help!!

I have some pics... I'll just post the links incase we're not allowed to post pics...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/chichadiva/ECZEMA1.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/chichadiva/CZEMA2.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/chichadiva/ECZEMA3.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/chichadiva/ECZEMA4.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/chichadiva/ECZEMA5.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/chichadiva/ECZEMA6.jpg

The blisters on my hands have gone down now, just left with the yukky dry cracked skin with dried blistered patches on my palms and fingers. My arms and backs of hands look like normal eczema to me, it came up on my first attack too. Theres blisters on my feet...the lumps, but the pic doesnt pick up on them v well, jus looks like lumpy skin lol.

I'm going out of my mind...It's coming to the point now that I'm thinking I'm gona have to leave me job, but I desperately don't want to.

Going back on monday to the damn docs and I'm demanding to be referred to a dermatologist.  :'(

« Last Edit: Saturday July 29, 2006, 06:17:28 AM by Chichaboo »

Offline vicki1981

• Registered member
« Reply #6 on: Saturday July 29, 2006, 09:16:32 AM »
I can sympathise.  I never have any problems on my feeet but currently my hands are covered in water spots which are so tiny they're barely visible until you look closely.  They're surrounded by eczema - I get these from time to time and nothing really seems to help, it just goes away in time.  And yes, I pop them, and yes, it does make them worse. 

I have no will power.

Mine have come up, I believe, due to suddenly stopping the use of steroid creams that I have used as a treatment since I was a baby.  I'm 25 so that's a long time and now my skin has got mad.

I used to have beautiful nails too.  I too have had te pitting which a doctor just told me was a fungal infection and gave me a lotion for it.  I was sceptical as I have heard of nail psoriasis and am convinced it's that.  Anyway, I used what I was prescribed for a few months and it didn't help so I just ignored it.  My nails were thin, no cuticles left, and they wouldn't grow.  The whites wouldn't look white they were a kind of off white, due to the thinness. 

Having left it, I noticed after about 6 months (sorry, it did take that long) that they started to improve.  I had started a new job which I really love, and think not stressing too much does help.  Now it's about 18 months since this first happened and I have just two nails that aren't quite right, but they do grow.  My others are growing back very strong and lovely again.  The ones that aren't right are still thin and pitted and not that nice, but they're growing so they don't look obviously bad.

I haven't worn any polish since this started either.  I think a trigger was some false nails I wore to a friends wedding, it was after that the problem began.  They were just from Boots so not expensive.  I have had proper extensions in the past which never caused problems.

I know for fact that any cleaning products can cause problems so I always wear gloves even just to polish or dust.  A friend who doesn't have eczema or any skin problems found water spots on her hands which were down to cleaning products. 

I hope you feel better soon, I'm thinking of ya.

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #7 on: Saturday July 29, 2006, 10:02:17 AM »
Hiya

Your nails will grow back eventually, however they may be permantley disfigured if the eczema has damaged your matrix (the funky place where your nail cells are made). And yes, nails will take about 6 months to grow out properly...my managers toenails fell off last summer and they've now grown back, a few ridges in but they're there!!

If you can get some, try Solar Oil by Creative Nail Design, it's a godsend for nails and cuticles (I even use it on dry skin and dry lips, it's very nourishing, I'm using it on my palms at the moment to ease the dryness and cracked bits). Look for a Creative Nail Design salon or I'm sure you could find it online somewhere. It's a mix of jojoba oil, almond oil, rice bran oil and vit. e. Just rub into your nails every day.

I'm wearing gloves when I'm doing nails at work and covering my arms in aqueous cream.

I've PM'd my friend who's a leader in the nail industry to ask her what to do with my nails cos I've ran out of ideas! I still don't think it's an allergy to acrylic nails as I've been told a rash will appear where the uncure acrylic touches the skin....and I dont do nails with my feet so it's gota be sumit else!!

xx

Offline totalfolly

• Retired Moderator
  • Crazy Cat Hero
  • I yam what I yam
« Reply #8 on: Saturday July 29, 2006, 10:10:19 PM »
I have some pics... I'll just post the links incase we're not allowed to post pics...

Feel free to post pix of your condition.  You may also put them up in the photo gallery if you wish.

totalfolly
"If you hear a voice within you say 'You cannot paint'
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
  • Administrative Bleeper!
  • Token Nutcase :D
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday August 01, 2006, 01:01:25 PM »
Oh Chicaboo... :hug: :hug: :hug: I have the dreaded pompholyx myself, but not as bad, so I do have an inkling of what you're going through. :hug: And I have it mildly enough so I know that I *don't* know what you're going through. :shake: :hug:

OK, now to see if I can answer some questions and give some advice.

Yes, heat makes it worse. Much worse. In fact, it's kind of interesting... for months we've been getting a lot of people coming in here asking for help with E and P and all sorts of other skin conditions. All te pompholyx people are coming in now. I expect that's due to the summertime being here... in the northern hemisphere, anyway.

The nighttime problem is you've got your hands under the covers. Or under your pillow. It's so hard... it's a lot harder than it sounds to sleep with your hands out from under covers/pillow, but if you can do it, it helps. I've been known to wear winter PJs in the summertime and just sleep on top of the covers. This might be a really good idea for you, since this'll keep your feet out from under the covers as well.

I'd also remove the gloves in between clients, if you don't do that already. Let your hands breathe as much as possible. This stuff isn't contageous, so you don't have to worry about spreading it. I understand that some clients might freak out, though... :( It's sad that people don't really understand skin conditions.

Now for the bad news: if you come into contact with a trigger, it doesn't really matter where the trigger is on your skin. Your gosh-darn fingers/toes will still likely go nuts. I remember once my friend's dog came to greet me after messing in English ivy (I'm very allergic to that) and I wound up with a paw-print of rash on my arm. If it hadn't itched like the dickens it would have been really funny! ...and my fingers broke out.

The first time I got it really bad, my feet broke out as well.

Now for the worse news: it may not be an allergy. My hands go bananas whenever I put lotion on them... any kind of lotion. The thicker, the worse. This includes the lotion I got from the allergist, who guarenteed that I would not be allergic to anything in it. I've also broken out from stress, from not drying my hands properly when I wash them, and one time I got it from a splinter in my toe. A trigger doesn't always mean an allergy. It just means a trigger.

OK, now for the good news. I'm the only sufferer I know who has a lotion as a trigger. Chances are good that that's not the problem. Also, there are plenty of treatments that work for other people, and one of them might work for you. Like with most problems, it's harder to get rid of once it's in there good, but once you find what works for you, dousing yourself with it as soon as the blisters appear again will help loads.

Now for the better news: a list of things that help! The link Alohamora posted is a great one. I've never had to try hydrogen peroxide... well, the first time I got this I skipped it altogether and went straight to bleach. I really don't think it helped, so don't do that to yourself, OK? But do try all those suggestions. One might work and work wonders.

What has really helped me is long soaks in cold apple cider vinegar. Refrigerate it first or plunk a few ice cubes in. Vinegar is fabulous... it makes your skin soft and smooth... sounds odd but it really works! Apple cider vinegar is in the grocery store next to the regular white vinegar. Since I can't use lotions at all, I use that for my dry skin.

Best news of all: it doesn't seem like it now, but this stuff is controlable. It's a matter of finding a treatment that works for you and avoiding your tiggers like the plague. For me, I have to let my skin "breathe..." which means no lotions or rubber gloves. For others it's avoiding a certain food or a certain substance. But you'll find it, I know you will. Best of luck, hon. :hugs:
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday August 01, 2006, 07:11:13 PM »
Hiya, thanks for your essay answer hehe  :-*

I got rushed to docs yes as my left hand had swelled up overnight, imagine a rubber glove blown up! The other hand is also swollen not as bad. Th rash on my arms has become infected along with the blisters and rash on my hands, where the clear fluid was in blisters had been replaced by a creamy white fluid, the doc took a swab test of one of them but said it could be a sterile fluid.

I've been given antibiotics and anti hystamines, and a dermatologist has been called to see me asap this week, usually patients get stuck on the nhs waiting list for weeks or months so Im really lucky I'm being seen so soon, I guess that just shows how concerned my doctor is though, he was completely baffled!! I've been told if it worsens until I'm seen to go to casualty which is scary!!

The skin on my hands is so dry it's extremely painful, I'm been screaming in tears as I cannot bend my fingers throug the swelling and dryness, I'm usuing aqueous cream on my hands, I've refused steroid creams now, I'm gona have just bones if I use it anymore! That's all I'm doing until I'm seen by the derm.

I'll letcha know the outcome!!  :)

Offline vicki1981

• Registered member
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday August 01, 2006, 09:05:00 PM »
Aww hugs to you...that sounds awful you poor thing.  I take back what I said earlier I can't sympathise at all, mine is nothing compared to the problems you are having.

I'm pleased to hear that you're being taken seriously by your doctors, I really hope you get it sorted out soon.

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday August 02, 2006, 12:58:10 AM »
Hee! Yes, I am a writer of epic posts... or at least posts as long as epics! :lol: I'm really glad you've got some doctors out there. I remember I couldn't type when I had it the first time. :hugs: Really hope it gets sorted soon.
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #13 on: Thursday August 03, 2006, 02:03:25 PM »
ust got back from the dermatologist...well !!
He said it is eczema but it's being triggered by something, probably to do with the products I'm using at work... he asked me to explain how I apply acrylic, I told him how it's done, he asked if it gets onto my hands to which I said hardly ever and plus I've been wearing gloves for the past 3-4 months!
He does think it's weird if it's an acrylic allergy cos it's on both hands (and feet!!) and if I'm not touching the uncured product then it shouldn't be reacting to my skin.

He then asked about the manicure and pedicure products I use, to which I explained soak, exfoliant and massage cream, also explained about the blisters appearing after i did a bunch of pedcures and then on my feet afer having a pedicure, he seems to think this stuff could be a major cause. He also said it could be an allergy to perfume, I cannot use anything perfumed on my face otherwise I get a big reaction, it could be that my hands and weakened to this, and the pedicure and manicure products are very scented.

SO!! I've got to go back next month and have patch tests done, he isn't sure how they're gona check for an allergy to acrylic though!! I suppose I could do an enhancement on myself?! They were really good actually, usually the waiting time for patch tests is 4 months but they said they'd slip me in asap

Also been told not to work til it's cleared up, luckily my managers been really good about it, even though i'm fully booked this week and next week!!

I just hope to god it's not an acrylic allergy, I'm so down about it as I just cannot understand how I have made myself allergic, I never had ANY signs of over exposure either. Maybe I'm allergic to the filling dust but would this really affect my whole body?! Even the soles of my feet!! I wear closed shoes as well to work, it's not like my feet are exposed to anything.

The skin is all breaking and peeling off my hands, there's tender new skin underneath, so I'm under the belief this outbreak is clearing up now, It looks horrible, I'm so embarassed!

Anyway I just thought I'd let you know how I got on!! Got some nice new steroid creams to use, yuk, I'm like a walking medical cabinet for skin disorders at the mo!!

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: Thursday August 03, 2006, 06:00:29 PM »
Glad to hear it's clearing up, love. That stuff is icky... >:P Please, keep us updated!

Offline Butterfly Girl

• Registered member
  • Free & Beautiful!
« Reply #15 on: Saturday August 05, 2006, 07:06:51 AM »
Hi Chichaboo,

I'm so glad your docs are helping you, and I wish you all the luck in getting this under control. If you hit the jackpot, let me know!

When I looked at your pics it was like looking at my own hands! Except I've lost 5 nails which have been gone since last October & show absolutely no sign of growing back. The skin on my hands is dry & cracked like you said yours were, and I too can't bend my fingers. I have to get hubby to make a cup of tea, & feed the kids, as I just can't grip. I have to get him to cut up my food like a child's too, cause I can't use a knife & fork properly either.This absolutely infuriates & embaresses me! It's been like this for a while now. And sometimes I can't walk without agony if my foot's cracked & ripped up either. Does this happen to you? All I get from docs & dermo's is that it's with me for life so I have to deal with it, which I'm beginning to think it's true. The shame is that each circle of outbreak of those nasty burning itching little blisters gets worse and spreads further each time, and at the moment seems constistant with being the worst each Friday night. Doing nothing for my social life!  :(

So I'm applying nothing on the skin at the mo, except for Fucibet where the skin is cracked open to preven infection, as it took me months to get the skin to heal up. I looked like I had a thousand papercuts, and blood everywhere! The kids at preschool looked at me like I was from a horror show! And I've been using calendula gel, which does help to ease the itching on a less severe outbreak. For moisturiser I'm using palmers cocoa butter, which is soothing & also thick enough to moisturise. But something is triggering & I don't know what. The hot weather has gone, and the only thing I can think of is stress, and I do have a fair bit of that! My doc is helping me treat it withour pills. I've been tested for allergies, and nothing shows, and there's no history of eczema, asthma or hay fever in my family, so I'm well puzzled!

Sorry, I've gone on with the 'woe is me!' And ideas you have that help you, please share them this way!

I'm really pleased for you that your docs are treating you with the urgency you deserve, and I'll keep everything crossed that they come through for you. Good luck honey! :cf:

Offline Chichaboo

• Registered member
  • Lupin's Honey
    • KookyNails
« Reply #16 on: Sunday August 06, 2006, 10:04:23 PM »
Hellooo!!

Well I'm all flaky!! All the yukky skin has almost all peeled away, with nice new skin underneath (v thin though!!). I'm using Protopic cream once in morning and once in afternoon then Dermovate once at night. In between I'm just using vaseline as the derm said it could possibly be an allergy to certain creams so I'm not using aqueous on my hands at the moment.
Going back to work on wednesday, gona wear cotton gloves underneath my vinyl gloves, sealed at the wrists with bands and a long sleeved cardi, that way I can minimise overexposure of any product.

Butterfly chicha I know how you feel about having people doing things for you, I felt absolubtely useless. My mum or boyfriend had to shower me, shave me and wash my hair, dress me, cut my food up for me, even put my creams on my hands. Luckily I can now bend my fingers, my left fingers won't completely bend but I can do stuff on my own now!! I stayed at my boyfriends on monday night and just cried my eyes out he showered me cos I felt so useless and embarassed. Luckily he's a very understanding boyfriend, he suffers frm psoriasis so knows what poorly skin is like!!
Try using vaseline on your hands, it's actually really good! Lasts ages aswell, just dab the excess grease off with a soft towel. xxxxx

Offline Butterfly Girl

• Registered member
  • Free & Beautiful!
« Reply #17 on: Monday August 07, 2006, 08:44:43 AM »
I'm so glad you've got an understanding boyfriend. I've been showing my husband some posts on this site so that he realises I'm not being a drama queen! I think he was getting fed up with the tears and the 'I can't take it anymore!!!' You know the drill! Thanks for the tip on vaseline, I'll give it a try xx

Good luck at work on Wednesday! Be thinking of ya!

Offline jenanddan79

• Registered member
« Reply #18 on: Monday August 07, 2006, 02:01:50 PM »
Hello! I just joined this forum after doing a search for dyshidrotic eczema, as I have had it for five years. I just wanted to say that I looked at your pictures and it was like looking at my own hands. My heart goes out to you and all who suffer from this disease. Its terrible how people stare, and no one truly understands, unless they have it. Well, I dont know where all of you are located, but here in the US, we are going through a horrible heat wave. I had mine reasonably under control until the 100 degree temps. started. Then, it got worse than I had ever seen it, not even when I was living in Texas. I had to get my skin infection under control with antibiotics first, cause I couldnt move my hands. Doctor had me not work for a week for it to clear. Clobetasol was prescribed like usual, and it did help. But, you definetely have to ween off of that stuff. Start w/2 times a day, morning and night, then go once a day, at whatever time you need it most. AND----my biggest defining factor lately, has been that we dont have good air conditioning in our bedroom--oh my god, how my hands would swell with blisters and itch horribly during the night. We finally got our rent boss to give us a window AC unit for our bedroom, and it has helped dramatically. Heat, to me, really makes it worse, without a doubt. Some other products that I have found that help---Epilyt, its oily, but when the swelling goes down, and your skin is dry, and peeling it feels good. Dont use it when your skin is too raw though--the lactic acid may make it sting. Eucerin intensive healing is wonderful, doesnt sting, good to use anytime. Aquaphor, when your skin is cracked, but really---try to keep your hands and feet dry from humidity and sweating. But use your emollients and moisturizers during the day!! i would write more, but i have to go to work!! If anyone has any ?s, just reply to this post. Good luck.

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: Monday August 07, 2006, 10:37:18 PM »
I'm so glad to hear that you've got some new skin underneath... hopefully this'll be the end of this flare. :hugs:

Try using vaseline on your hands, it's actually really good! Lasts ages aswell, just dab the excess grease off with a soft towel. xxxxx

Just goes to show that everyone's different... if I get vaseline on me that's when I break out! ::) Glad it works for you, though. I've heard some other sufferers mention it, so apparently I'm strange (well, I knew that!).

Welcome to Skincell, Jenanddan!