Author Topic: Prevention of Viral Respiratory Infection; colds, flu, SARS, H5N1, v. pneumonia  (Read 125040 times)

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
  • The best medicine is caring and affection.
    • Eureka Ideas Unlimited, Anthropositor's Posts,   To Obama
Re: Prevention of Viral Respiratory Infection; colds, flu, SARS, H5N1, v. pneumonia
« Reply #260 on: Monday October 26, 2020, 09:29:30 AM »
The cotton wedges used as nasal filters have worked out extremely well from my perspective; particularly those of Turkish origin that I found  most satisfactory, all-around.  At least doubly expensive.

Very early in the pandemic, I experimented with open-cell foam inserts.  A little less soft.  Slightly less comfortable.  But worse, they would contribute to the plastics pollution problem in our oceans, lakes, and rivers; already a critical environmental problem.  The cotton discs that we cut into wedges  are biodegradable plant fiber.  That alone is a big plus.

I have done nothing involving polyester fibers which are already constituents of many varieties of the higher quality masks being used.  I myself have done no testing in this area so I can add nothing tangible about polyester, either pro or con.  For now, I won't be going in that direction, and suggest caution for any experimenter who does.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." Chinese Proverb.

"What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn examine first before you decide"-- Confucius

Pray to the Gods, for the Gods are not unless you pray to them.--Don Marquis

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
Re: Prevention of Viral Respiratory Infection; colds, flu, SARS, H5N1, v. pneumonia
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday October 27, 2020, 11:35:52 PM »
There are still more unknowns than knowns with Covid-19.  Auto-immune responses may accelerate in some people from antibodies donated from recovered patients.  In other words, there could be complications that extend to our other essential organs rather than just the Covid-19.  We must do better than we are. 

But I believe it is fairly safe to say, you are very likely to do much better, using the nasal filters as I have engineered them here, along with the, less than perfect array of masks in use.  This Pandemic is once again spiking into the absolutely out of control levels.  This is not a time for complacency.  The wishful thinking, the widespread hopes for the best, are not going to do the job, without our personal actions to survive.  Simple apathy and ignorance will continue to kill us in droves.  Anthropositor.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." Chinese Proverb.

"What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn examine first before you decide"-- Confucius

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
« Reply #262 on: Monday November 16, 2020, 11:53:41 AM »
Actually, a variety of political machinations throughout the world are having tangible negative impact on curbing the spread of the Corona virus.  Sadly, the wisdom promised in the name "Homo Sapiens" seems in short supply.  If we are to survive, and mitigate the ravages we now face for the foreseeable future, we need to get coordinated and focused on the job. 

And you individual innovators who have developed anything that shows promise, may I suggest you showcase it over on the Medical Terminology Section.  If it has merit at all, I for one, would be happy to help to get it off the ground and in use as persuasively as I can.  Especially if it shows the effectiveness that the nasal filters presented here already have.  Anthropositor

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
« Reply #263 on: Saturday November 21, 2020, 11:16:56 PM »
Our approaching Holidays are going to take a terrible and preventable toll in lives.  We  *A *I *I need to do our part in prevention by not traveling long distances to indoor feasts!  The contagion is already entirely beyond our capacity to deal with it.  How can we not see that?  There are now multiple reports of patients complaining that it is nowhere near as serious as everyone else is pretending!, ...and dying with a ventilator jammed down their throats!  How can we collectively be that obtuse?