Author Topic: Grover's disease  (Read 954416 times)

Offline Waybad1

• Registered member
Re: Grover's disease
« Reply #1980 on: Saturday June 22, 2019, 06:12:31 PM »
I'm just 4 days in with the Accutane. I certainly have used the hair dryer as per you recommendation. The worst issue I have is night.
I also work out in the son a lot. So far no side effects, but only 4 days in

Offline fresedo

• Registered member
« Reply #1981 on: Tuesday June 25, 2019, 09:35:03 PM »
One month later, following my message #1971 I am happy to report that after diligent midday sun exposure, I have acquired a creditable tan but what is more my Grover's has been pretty much burned off by the sun.

Offline Waybad1

• Registered member
« Reply #1982 on: Sunday June 30, 2019, 04:23:10 AM »
11 pills in now and the rash is definitely fading. The itch has also subsided, but definitely not gone. It likes
to give me a reminder everyday. I have slept better this week the I have in 2 months. No side effects but very
dry lips. Although this may not be a cure, it is nice to see the rash subside and not leave any evidence it was
ever there. It has rebuilt at least some of my self confidence back. To any who are reading, I will report back in a week or so

Offline Waybad1

• Registered member
« Reply #1983 on: Tuesday July 09, 2019, 04:12:44 AM »
21 days on Accutane. The rash is about 70% gone. The itch is definitely less as the days go by. I still itch for sure when I
sweat, but less then before. No side effects besides the dry lips. I will be going in on the 10th of this month for blood tests
to see how my liver is doing.

Offline Waybad1

• Registered member
« Reply #1984 on: Friday July 12, 2019, 12:53:01 AM »
A quick update. Yesterday I was sweating quite a lot while fixing a clothes dryer. I had no itch at all
That is the first time in 17 months that has happened. I woke up this morning with a slight itch, but
by the afternoon it was gone. I do have to note that I got some acne on my chest that I have never had before
It came about a week in. but is now fading.

Offline Waybad1

• Registered member
« Reply #1985 on: Yesterday at 05:29:17 PM »
So my blood test results after 26 days on Accutane were surprising. AST is 29. It was 27 before. ALT is 27. It was 30 before. My total cholesterol however has gon from 171 before to 223. The doctor said it is fine to continue on taking the Accutane. Also the last 2 days have been virtually itch free. Heavy sweating while i'm working outside in the CA sun bring on a little itch, but it goes right away after I dry off. I just hope this continues after I stop taking Accutane. As mentioned before, zero side effects but severely dry lips and some acne on my chest. The benefits so far, far outweigh the side effects