Author Topic: Grover's disease  (Read 912324 times)

Offline Idaho

• Registered member
Re: Grover's disease
« Reply #1960 on: Saturday December 08, 2018, 05:40:41 PM »
Hi Kikia,

I was baffled by why it affected the skin on my torso and chest, but not the skin on my breasts.  This makes no sense to me.  I was thinking I was having an allergic reaction to certain shirts and that my bras were helping eliminate the allergy on the area that was covered.  I asked my dermatologist about it and she said: "Grover's does what Grover's wants".  Not really an explanation, but what I'm taking away from my research is that there really is little understanding about this condition.  Your question about does anyone with financial resources have it, so we might have more research and answers is a good one.  Wishing a speedy recovery to all.

Idaho

Offline chazas

• Registered member
« Reply #1961 on: Friday December 28, 2018, 09:18:57 PM »
I have had Grovers for a decade or so.  This year I went through a 6 month flare, but am much better equipped to handle it than I was last time.

I was somewhat controlling it with twice daily Cordran lotion, but my skin had enough of that and I had to back off.  Went to every other morning steroid, and good old triamcinilone cream seems to work better for that.  Calcipotriene cream every morning/evening when steroid is not used.

To minimize itch, Zyrtec daily and ever since I had an exczema outbreak on my legs a couple of years ago, Cerave cream everywhere else (with the anti-itch version patted over my treated Grovers areas).

Either this regimen work somewhat, or my flare is dying down naturally.  Take your pick.

Happy new year, everyone.

Offline enomisk

• Registered member
« Reply #1962 on: Yesterday at 05:07:59 PM »
I am a 55 Y/O female that was diagnosed with Grover's disease in November 2018.  It was a BAD case that started in about Sept.  I literally was at the end of my rope.  I could not sleep, or focus on anything because the itch and rash was all over my head and body with the exception of face and legs.  It was relentless.   The only thing that seemed to help was Prednisone (oral Steroids) I had to take up to 40 mg a day to get relief from the INTENSE itching and rash.!  I decided to research the heck out of the disease and a way to get rid of it.  I found may forums and read through all the threads and found some common denominators in folks who found relief so I decided to try them all.  Here is what I have done so far over the last two weeks to get COMPLETE relief in about a week:

I eat a cup of Cilanto a day in a Smoothie I make with just rainbow sherbet and water (BTW  I HATE Cilantro)
I take 5000 units of Vitamin A and 4500 units of Vitamin D daily
I put Honest Company zinc sunscreen all over my body after my shower
I have weaned my self off of the oral steroids down to just 15 mg a day (so far)  I plan to go all the way off and see if the natural remedies work alone.

Wish me LUCK!

Offline TomA

« Reply #1963 on: Today at 08:35:55 PM »
Best of luck with your recovery! I,too, have found success with the Prednisone when I took it for other issues. But when I went of it the Grover's returned. I didn't have the same success with either bit. A or D. Continue working with your dermatologist on treatments.

The good news is that the disease has a six to twelve month timespan for most

Keep us posted.

Tom A