Author Topic: ovarian cysts HELP  (Read 76009 times)

Offline mnm mom

• SkinCell God
Re: ovarian cysts HELP
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday February 03, 2010, 04:18:34 AM »
I know I know it has been a lifetime since I wrote about my twins. To make a very long story short.
I had the ovarian cysts out got the blood filter in. Got a infection, But now I am okay. My ovary is behaving Ha Ha so no worries for now.
I have been tested again for my lung function and for now they are doing very well.
So life is good!
mnm mom
there is good in everyone you just have to look for it. and some times you have to look really hard.

Offline mnm mom

• SkinCell God
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday February 16, 2010, 10:54:30 PM »
Well Life was doing good.
It seems that you get more cysts on blood thinners than without blood thinners.
Well I now have another cyst, it burst! ouch!! it was three times as big as the set of twins so this one gets a name. I am calling it George. Seeing it broke there is nothing the Dr. wants to do except keep a eye on it. I will get a MRI of it to see how large it really is because with his sonagram he could not see the whole thing. My Dr. even went as far as calling two of the other Drs. in the pratice to see what they thought. One said I bet that hurts, I wanted to kick him but I didn't.
Well at least I got some good sledding in before the Dr. found it.
I will write again after we get the mri back.
mnm mom
there is good in everyone you just have to look for it. and some times you have to look really hard.

Offline mnm mom

• SkinCell God
« Reply #182 on: Saturday March 06, 2010, 01:45:28 AM »
 :'( :'( :'(Well at least this will be my last cysts.
The MRI showed that a small one did break but the twin is still intact and is huge. The OBGYN sent me to a OBGYN oncologist because this one is too big. It is now the size of a full term pregnancy. People keep saying congrads, I don't have the heart to tell them what it really is. This one will be my last because the Dr. is removing my ovary. And because of the growth rate is checking for cancer. If it is cancer I will write my own bucket list and go out having fun.
I am worried this time. Well the removal date is the 19, if I make it that long. If this one burst, well I guess I will be having it out sooner. I hope that does not happen. it is very big and it would be very bad if it breaks, so I get to sit around and do nothing. This is so not the way I wanted this to end. But lets just hope it will only be the end of the cyst and not me too.
I would like to keep my ovary but this was the straw that broke the camels back. I will have help waiting if I do not deal with menopause well. so I have that covered.
I am scared,
I will write soon,
mnm mom

Offline mnm mom

• SkinCell God
« Reply #183 on: Saturday March 27, 2010, 07:14:47 PM »
 :)
Well it is eight days after having my surgery. The Dr removed 25 pounds of cyst and scar tissue. After the surgery the Dr. came out and said it was a mess in there, but he was able to fix it. I can not believe that I have been writing about these things for 4 years but I have. Wow that is too long. Well I did not go into surgery induce menopause like I was worried about. So that is great.
But I do have a cut that is 16 inches long and some where in there is my navel. The Dr. said when the swelling goes down I will find it again, but for right now it is just a mess of staples.
And boy does this hurt, the cut is vertical so he cut all my stomach muscle's.
Ouch ouch.
mnm mom

Offline mnm mom

• SkinCell God
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday April 07, 2010, 03:34:14 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(well with the luck I have had in the past year wouldn't you know that menopause would hit me two weeks after the ovary was removed and not the normal three days.
I feel horrible if I am not crying I am mad oh joy and this with a family to deal with I am not doing well.
I am so sick of having something wrong with me all the time. I am that little doll on the TV that you have to wind up to do anything.
This year is more than I want to bare, I know there are others who would gladly take my troubles for there own, like the girl that shared my room at the hospital last. She has had cancer for the last eight years and she thought she was doing good the Dr. told her she was, well they were wrong, not only had her cancer returned but she had a stroke right there in the room with me in the morning she was doing okay they just thought she fell in her bathroom, by afternoon she could not move her right side and the Dr's. had come in and told her her cancer was back and it was everywhere.
 So what right do I have to complain?
I Do Not but I do because everyone has that right and if all I do is write it down here then I have hurt no one but I hope this will help someone. Even if it is just one person or two counting myself.
All my friends say you will b e fine I made it thru so can you. Boy I hate that, how about I do not know how you feel but I know your are in pain and for that I am sorry and is there anything I can do for you.

Menopause is different for everyone. In the 50,s you would send a woman to a home for women who do not deal with it well. 100 years ago most women never made it to menopause because they died of some else.
Well I am having trouble with it and it stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mnm mom
« Last Edit: Wednesday April 07, 2010, 03:36:56 PM by mnm mom »

Offline mnm mom

• SkinCell God
« Reply #185 on: Friday April 23, 2010, 04:12:18 PM »
Well I am feeling much better. The mood swings are much better. The hot flashes are not too bad now, I get them now and again.
So there light at the end of the tunnel.
So things are getting better,
mnm mom

Offline mnm mom

• SkinCell God
« Reply #186 on: Monday May 03, 2010, 09:22:45 PM »
well I have healed from the surgery just somewhere along the line the Dr. forgot to put back my navel, do not get me wrong it is still there it just looks like part of the scar. Now I will never get that navel ring  :roll: :roll:
But I am feeling better everyday and menapause is not much to worry about anymore.
So life is good.
mnm mom

Offline mnm mom

• SkinCell God
Re: Herina repair gone wrong
« Reply #187 on: Monday July 11, 2011, 04:21:54 AM »
I know it has been a very long time but, this is how life is now. >:(
5 months after the removal of the cyst I developed a hernia on the cut line. 9 inches round OUCH. had that fixed. one month after the repair with a mesh to cover the hernia, the mesh moves just enough to open a small hole in my stomach wall. This one is worse than the 1st because my insides can get out of the hole but they will not go back in. so i have the hernia repaired a 2nd time. 3 weeks later a hole opens in my skin about a inch away from the Dr. cut line. I showed it to the Dr. with a long Q-tip and the 6 inch thing went all the way in this hole, so he says we will glue it shut. it was not what i would have done but anyway he glued it shut. 48 hours later I have a fever of 104 with Tylenol and a very large part of my stomach around where he glued it is red and very hot and is rock hard. so I go back to said Dr. and he says " I am sorry this does not happen often". the infection part he means.
Well he decides to open up the infection in his office.....very messy I did not know that puss could do that and I would still be alive. It went everywhere all over him, me , his nurse, the walls you get the point. so after the fountain slows he packs it and sends me HOME! with a visiting nurse. well when the nurse got there the next morning I still had a fever and the flow from this hole was still bad so I was sent to the hospital. where I spent 11 days getting IV meds and having the wound care for. after day 7 and they tried 6 times to start a IV again I said no more you put in a picc line in or I am going home. now i have my picc line much better, no more getting stuck 4 times a day for blood and such. they send me home with my picc line and a nurse and all of my meds on day 11. Great  :-[ three days after getting home my chest hurts my heart is not beating right and i have a fever while still taking the IV meds to kill the infection. go back to the hospital, they remove thepicc line and start using IV again. I still have 6 more days of the meds. to take. on day three they were going to put in a new picc line in. I am in the room waiting for them to start when the Dr. comes in and says he is sorry the 1st picc line was too long that is what was causing the trouble with the last one. This one will be right, he goes out to wash his hands so we can get started when a phone call comes in and says do not put the line in. send her back to her room >:( >:(
You never saw anyone so upset as I was . The dr. said you only need 3 more days of meds so it is not worth putting it in. So I said okay if all I am doing hear is getting two hours of meds. a day we can finish this at home. so i went home with a regular IV in and my meds to finish.
Only problem is i still have a hole in my stomach that is big and deep. So I have a nurse come to the house for a month changing the dressing on this hole every day and I am sick of sponge bathes. I want to soak in my tub till the water gets cold.
Now I am HEALED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or so we thought.
 a new hole opened in what is left of my navel. It has been there for 6 weeks and the Dr. says don't call unless you have a temp. over 102.Well the insurance wants this to be fixed NOW so they called the Dr. and told him to fix it. I talk to him on Monday July12, 2011.
 This whole thing started with the 1st repair on December13, 2010 Just kill me now
so that is what has been going on in my life.
mnm mom

Offline mnm mom

• SkinCell God
« Reply #188 on: Friday July 29, 2011, 06:21:14 PM »
 :'( :'(
Well the Dr. said NO he will not fix it and asked me to leave with my records..............
Then I noticed that the herina repair had failed in a nother spot :doh: :doh: The bottom of the mesh has detached from my stomach wall so I now have a herina bigger than the 1st one. The drs. and the ins. company are talking about it to see what we should do.
Oh and this is my favorate part, my husband said that he does not have time for me to have it repaired. He said you will just have to live with it. Someday he will get sick and say I need some help here. I do not think he will like the answer I will give him.