Author Topic: Miracle Cures  (Read 13647 times)

Offline electric_ian

• SkinCell Friend
  • Generator
  • Registered SkinCell Member
Miracle Cures
« on: Wednesday March 01, 2006, 02:43:41 PM »
I would just like to post a word of warning about some of these Miracle Cures..
I would have a read at this first before you decide to part with money.... 

http://www.pinch.com/skin/pshame.html

Also our own thread in the links board
http://www.skincell.org/yabbse/index.php/topic,5892.0.html

Whatever you decide I wish you luck..
Ian
There are only 3 type of people on this planet those who can count and those who can't

Offline Alohamora

• SkinCell God
Re: Miracle Cures
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday March 01, 2006, 02:56:12 PM »
The biggest red flag for me is when I see someone claim a product is 100% effective.   That's just not possible.  People are all different, what works for one person may not work for someone else and I feel the honest product vendors will admit as much. 
You are what you eat.

Offline Val

• SkinCell Friend
  • Golden GasBag
  • Mmmmm ! The Weird One I am !
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday March 01, 2006, 10:12:40 PM »

Well said both of you. :clap:

:hugs:

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: Thursday March 02, 2006, 07:22:48 AM »
"hear hear" to both posts.

:up:   :)

Offline mrmurphy

« Reply #4 on: Friday March 03, 2006, 11:46:13 AM »
this is a paraphrase of another of my posts but I think its relevant...

this sort of thing really gets on my nerves - Psoriasis/PPP/HS/Eczma etc are all chronic life-long problems; theres' no definitive cure - just a series of subjective treatments and remedies that lessen the symptoms - the fact that it is such an obvious illness that can easily lead to social exclusion, depression and desperation, make it a ripe condition for unscrupulous charlatans waiting to take advantage of needy people.

I'd dearly love someone to find an as yet undiscovered potion that cures psoriasis, but the vast majority of these products are no better than the rubbish peddled by the "snake oil" salesmen of the old west and probably contain nothing more effective than lanolin and tea-tree oil - both of which can be bought for a fraction of the price at your local chemist.

I will continue to treat these one-post wonders with the contempt they deserve.
A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest...

Celery Peach

« Reply #5 on: Friday March 03, 2006, 01:02:49 PM »
I will continue to treat these one-post wonders with the contempt they deserve.

:) YES !! Please feel free to do so mrmurphy. We allow the links to stay on the Natural remedies board so that members can discuss/disect/dispute these 'remedies', and hopefully weed out the 'baddies'  ;)

We are not against natural remedies at all, in fact many of us use them and have varying degrees of success. Its finding the ones worth trying that is the problem tho and as you say, I do find it so offensive to know that desperate people are being prayed upon by charlatons.

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
  • The best medicine is caring and affection.
    • Eureka Ideas Unlimited, Anthropositor's Posts,   To Obama
« Reply #6 on: Saturday March 04, 2006, 05:47:12 PM »
Hi,

I agree with Alohamora's comment on the red flag presented by people who promise 100% results for a given cure.  I advocate a preventive procedure dealing with influenza and rhinviruses which has worked for me for 22 years, when I first developed it.  As it happens, that is a 100% result.  If I were at all confident that most of the people I teach would do it as regularly and as competently as I do I might be tempted to make such a claim.  But after fifteen years of teaching a great many people, I know better.  I also know that it is remotely possible that I will get a cold or flu tommorrow, next month or next year.  That would be the end of my 100%.  It is worthy of note that previously, my average was three colds a year and one bout of flu every three years.  What I tell people is that if they do it as regularly and as carefully as I do it, they can expect virtually the same result that I have experienced.  I can, however, promise a 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!  The catch is, I have never charged anyone, and don't intend to.  My wife had a cold in 1993.  It is true that she did one thing differently than I do.  She didn't think it was important.  I do.  She now does it,  more often than not, precisely the way I do.  In any case, as soon as I get all my ducks in a row on my stroke and a few other things, I will share this with whoever is truly interested.  That number is now three in this forum, as far as I can tell.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." Chinese Proverb.

"What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn examine first before you decide"-- Confucius

Pray to the Gods, for the Gods are not unless you pray to them.--Don Marquis

Offline newbie

• Registered member
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday March 21, 2006, 07:58:25 PM »
Hello everyone....

I agree that 100% guaranteed to work on everyone is not true.  People are different but people are also looking for a cure.  My sister in law's baby started using Renew on her baby with eczema.  It's worked out for her baby.  Also known good for psoriasis.  Doesn't have any side effects or chemicals.

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
  • The best medicine is caring and affection.
    • Eureka Ideas Unlimited, Anthropositor's Posts,   To Obama
« Reply #8 on: Friday March 24, 2006, 05:44:27 PM »
Hi newbie,
What is renew?
Anthropositor
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." Chinese Proverb.

"What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn examine first before you decide"-- Confucius

Pray to the Gods, for the Gods are not unless you pray to them.--Don Marquis

Offline Jolee2211

• Muted
« Reply #9 on: Thursday April 13, 2006, 12:53:09 AM »
The only "miracle products" I"ve tried are a brown salve for my skin cancer, took it all away, and "miracle goo" for my age spots, saggy skin, fine lines, and acne scars.

Offline electric_ian

• SkinCell Friend
  • Generator
« Reply #10 on: Thursday April 13, 2006, 05:16:25 AM »
The only "miracle products" I"ve tried are a brown salve for my skin cancer, took it all away, and "miracle goo" for my age spots, saggy skin, fine lines, and acne scars.
How come you have been a member of a skin site and 6 months.Then happen to mention that you used a miracle cream to get rid of cancer,,,
YEA RIGHT.. I DON'T THINK SO
Ian ??? ??? ???
There are only 3 type of people on this planet those who can count and those who can't

Offline talltree

• Registered member
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday July 12, 2006, 12:27:06 AM »
Psoriasis/PPP/HS/Eczma etc are all chronic life-long problems; theres' no definitive cure - just a series of subjective treatments and remedies that lessen the symptoms

This simply isn't true, mmurphy, to say that skin problems have to be life-long problems. I myself got rid of psoriasis over 20 years ago by doing a cleansing diet long enough to let the digestive tract heal. While it's not the only book on the subject, Healing Psoriasis, by John Pagano, shows hundreds of case studies, as well as before-and-after photos of people who've followed his protocols to repair the digestive tract and get rid of their symptoms. John's is just one book of many. And look at the folks who post here who've cleared up their skin. So far, the ones I've read all revolve around doing deep internal cleansing programs, and quite radically altering their perception of food and diet. True, there are no guarantees in life, but I wouldn't agree to the statement that skin problems are "chronic life-long problems."

Offline LOX

• SkinCell God
    • Maple Tree Studio
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday July 12, 2006, 01:43:29 AM »
Well put, talltree.

I cleared up a little over two years ago and, like yourself, it has not returned either.
To concur illness, a change of attitude is often necessary.

Offline jujube

• Registered member
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday September 12, 2006, 08:32:59 PM »
Are there any websites like this for eczema sufferers? I'd love to get some more research done. 

Offline talltree

• Registered member
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday September 12, 2006, 08:46:10 PM »
Try http://www.howhealthworks.com. I think they have the best program for skin problems in general.

For personal consultations, I like http://www.russellmariani.com/ or http://www.kioflife.com

I hear that last one (KiOfLife) now has a live-in program, located in Tennessee. But I'm not positive.

Offline jujube

• Registered member
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday September 12, 2006, 09:01:10 PM »

Offline Seeker

• Registered member
« Reply #16 on: Saturday February 24, 2007, 06:07:52 PM »
Are there any websites like this for eczema sufferers? I'd love to get some more research done. 

Em... am I not understanding the question? There is an eczema board right next to this one:
http://www.skincell.org/community/index.php?board=33.0

Offline mac

• Registered member
  • Own and run a health mail order store homoepathic
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday January 29, 2008, 02:46:01 PM »
yes yes yes, you are what you eat and there are not miracle cures
however there are natural cures and they work, after all God gave us herbs for food and medicine  right  it is in the Bible, our ancestors used herbs, homepathics were invented over 300 yrs ago and to this day are the most used med's in Germany, England France etc.
The Queen has her own homepathic doc
most of the miracle cures are rip offs   pyramids etc.
If interested in more info give me a yell, I am trying to figure out the site so be patient

Offline Shauna

• Dylan 3 yrs. old
« Reply #18 on: Sunday March 09, 2008, 02:45:17 PM »
I myself got rid of psoriasis over 20 years ago by doing a cleansing diet long enough to let the digestive tract heal.

Hi. My name is Shauna. I have a 3 year old son, Dylan, who was just diagnosed with Mucha Habermann. He has had his "spots" since mid December. I am not ready to believe that this will be a lifelong autoimmune condition. I am interesed in hearing about your digestive cleanse. I recently visited a naturopathy doc who did muscle testing on Dylan and gave me some supplements for him to take. I am also recording everything he eats to see what we need to cut out or change. Milk is gone so far and I am trying to eliminate all dairy to see if that makes a difference. I do not believe in a miracle cure for anything. I do believe that changing a toxic environment and not eating so much "crap" with all the preservatives and such will make a difference. I have also thrown out all of my cleaning products and am now using natural things like vinegar, lemons, baking soda, etc. I have been buying organics and more whole foods type things. And, I got rid of the pesticide and lawn care company. I never realized how much we breathe in until I started researching after Dylan got this rash.

Looking forward to your insight. I usually post on the Pityriasis Lichenoids site.

Shauna

Offline emsymel

• Registered member
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday May 29, 2012, 12:49:26 AM »
Psoriasis/PPP/HS/Eczma etc are all chronic life-long problems; theres' no definitive cure - just a series of subjective treatments and remedies that lessen the symptoms

This simply isn't true, mmurphy, to say that skin problems have to be life-long problems. I myself got rid of psoriasis over 20 years ago by doing a cleansing diet long enough to let the digestive tract heal. While it's not the only book on the subject, Healing Psoriasis, by John Pagano, shows hundreds of case studies, as well as before-and-after photos of people who've followed his protocols to repair the digestive tract and get rid of their symptoms. John's is just one book of many. And look at the folks who post here who've cleared up their skin. So far, the ones I've read all revolve around doing deep internal cleansing programs, and quite radically altering their perception of food and diet. True, there are no guarantees in life, but I wouldn't agree to the statement that skin problems are "chronic life-long problems."
I also truly beieive that this can go away with a detox cleansing diet....too bad not enough people know or are willing to do it. please see my posts under PLC section. I am so happy that it worked for you. Good on you for being proactive and healing yourself from the inside out :)
« Last Edit: Tuesday May 29, 2012, 12:51:19 AM by emsymel »