Author Topic: Saltwater Cure for Folliculitis  (Read 99360 times)

Offline Cucumber Melon

• Registered member
Re: Saltwater Cure for Folliculitis
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday May 16, 2007, 05:22:49 PM »
Hi,

I've had folliculitis for since my preteen years and the only thing that works for me is the dermatologist prescribed: clindamycin phosphate topical gel 1%. If I use this every day for a few weeks, it keeps the folliculitis from reappearing.

Offline veryfrustrated

• Registered member
« Reply #21 on: Monday September 10, 2012, 01:02:12 AM »
Hi,

Ive been searching for cures for folliculitus on but for years. i have suffered from this for years since i gave birth to my son years ago. Ive been on course after course of anti biotics and nothing works and if anything it just makes it worse. i too have tried salt water but it didnt work for me and nothing else works. I get lumps on my bum quite badly and on my thighs. ive started to notice big lumps all over my legs now and i am at my witts end. if anybody has had any luck with their treatments please let me know what worked for you. Its really taking a strain on my life and i have not been able to have sexual relations and had to finish with a partner because of this. Doctors have no idea what they are talking about and from what im hearing neither do dermatologists. any feedback on treatments would be highly appreiated.

Offline itchychick

• Global Moderator
  • Peachy Sunshine
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday September 12, 2012, 03:10:51 AM »
Hi there,
This is going to sound really out there, but try taking bleach baths... One cup of plain chlorine bleach (not the fresh scent kind) in a tub full of water.  My dermatologist recommended it, and it has really helped my condition (I have eczema but it settles in the follicles and becomes infected).  It can't hurt, and it may help.  You will smell like you've been in a chlorinated pool afterwards!  After your bath, rinse off, and apply any moisturizers as usual.  Good luck!

Offline Manuka helps

• Registered member
« Reply #23 on: Friday October 19, 2012, 08:33:59 PM »
 I think any new information on a cure for deep tissue folliculitis is encouraging.I've suffered from this condition since the age 15. Around about 13 years now. I have seen multiple doctors, dermatologist all to no avail.My condition causes boils and bumps to the affected areas.You all should not tell some one that clearly knows their condition, that it sounds like something you suffer from.Any one who has had or has this condition knows that it is hard to clear up; and fyi their are several types of follucilitis some cases being more sever than others. The kind thats being described is deep tissue the same kind I suffer from.Through this battle I have only found one thing that can clear up this condition. Now its somewhat costly but if you suffer from this infection im sure you want mind.Try Manuka honey I started using this product a couple months ago, within 3 days all the boils were gone and the skin begin to regenerate reducing the appearance of scar tissue. If you consider buying this product beware because their are brands that are not true manuka.I used bio active 10 plus 100% raw certified and It worked best. I tried several other brands that did not have such a miraculous affect. Research this product it carries live powerful antibodies that can cure the worst of infections. This product is natural so you want have any side affects unless your allergic to bees or honey then dont try this product.   

Offline Marky

• Registered member
« Reply #24 on: Monday May 27, 2013, 04:34:04 PM »
The saltwater did not work for me but it certainly worth trying. The only thing that has helped me has been proskin sebderm which is a lotion which i applied to the areas affected and it has worked a treat. The skin there now looks normal and i am a changed man.