Author Topic: HS. Embarressed & scared  (Read 175983 times)

Offline laxgoalie00

• Registered member
Re: HS. Embarressed & scared
« Reply #640 on: Friday July 04, 2008, 02:42:27 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm new to this but it seems to be helpful knowing you are not alone.  I'm 17 and have been diagnosed for three years it was extremely hard going to the doctors to figure out what the problem was but after I walked out of the office i felt so much better knowing what was going on with me and that there was something that I could do to get relief from it, as a young teenager at the time i was extremely self conscious of the way I looked, high schoolers can be harsh, as an athlete it was traumatizing for me to go into the locker room with all of the other girls and get ready for lacrosse or ice hockey, softball was the worst for me as we wore sleeveless shirts and I felt like everyone was staring at me.  As time went on I became more comfortable with who I was but when this year (senior year) came around I was horrified. :-X After having two surgeries it was more comfortale and those ones never came back but I was unsure about my armpits, there are about 5 on each arm and it is an awful sight to see in a prom dress .. but as prom came around they weren't flared so there were only the red marks which no one even noticed, it turned out better than I expected.  I'm glad there is this forum because no one understands the daily pain and discomfort I go through..  :-[ I am glad that you posted this topic because I am having the same problem. :-\  I actually found this website while researching if this can happen in HS patients.

Thank you all!

Jay

Offline Tiffeny

• Registered member
« Reply #641 on: Thursday June 04, 2009, 06:59:11 PM »
I feel your pain.. my cousin had the same problem. (she gets them to) It was at the top of her tail bone so she couldn't do anything but lay on her stomach. She did go to the doctor and they drained it and packed it from the inside out. Then a nurse came to her house everyday for a week to change the dressing. I know that it sounds like a horrible thing to go through but it couldn't be any worse then what your experiencing now! As soon as they opened it there was instant relief the pressure and the throbbing was gone, still sore after but 100 x's better. good luck

Offline Redbone

• Registered member
« Reply #642 on: Wednesday August 26, 2009, 03:18:18 AM »
 >:( Don't be embarrassed or scared; I have HS since my teens and it gets worst as I age. Doctors seem puzzled or want to try something new, I just keep a bandage on it take a pain killer and try to move on. I get emotional at times but then I see someone with no legs or some other serious problem and say to myself it could be worst, or could it? My breast, upper inner thighs, armpits, and abdomen are scarred badly and today I have a very active swelling on my right Breast and left thigh that are very painful but I went to work and prepared for a big inspection tomorrow. On Thur. I will have a biopsy of the uterus due to excessive bleeding and enlarged uterus. This is the first time I ever openly expressed what I'm going through so wish me luck and maybe one day some great person will find a cure.

Offline Celery Peach

• Baby Goth Knits
« Reply #643 on: Friday December 04, 2009, 12:45:31 AM »
 :) Its over five years ago since I first started this topic. It feels like a lifetime ago and even like someone else must of wrote it.

I continue to have good health and do a very active job 6 days a week if needed. I rarely have flare ups since taking Acitretin for 2 years which seems to have 'switched off' my HS as the derm suggested it would.

I have a little stress in my life at the moment so find myself with a small painful boil like lump under booby tonight. This is the worst it has been in such a long time.

Its frustrating that nobody I suggest Acitretin to is willing to give it a try. Yes, it has its side effects, but surely worth it to get your life back ?

All my love, kind regards and best wishes to HS sufferers, I might not be suffering so badly anymore but I cant forget how it robbed me of 5 years of my life....and so much more  :bighug:

Offline Denise1972

• Registered member
« Reply #644 on: Friday March 04, 2011, 06:22:07 AM »
Hi i am sorry that you are experiencing this pain as well.. I have been suffering with HS for about 10 years now.. Mostly underarms... A few in my groin from time to  time but on the 15th I am having surgery and removing all of the skin from under my arms and replacing skin from my thigh doing a skin graft procedure.. I have tried to go as long as i can to not have this surgery. I here that the skin graft is far more worse than what my underarms will feel like.. There are so many diff things out there for a person to try and get relief but nothing has really helped for me.. One thing that has helped me through is Neosporin Pain relief it helps as soon as you put it on and it keeps down the smell as you know sometime can be horrible.... I hope some type of relief comes our way soon!!