Author Topic: HS. Embarressed & scared  (Read 181271 times)

Offline Bev

• SkinCell Grand
  • Cuddly Buddly
  • What will be will be!
Re:HS. Embarressed & scared
« Reply #40 on: Thursday August 19, 2004, 03:26:17 PM »
Hi Trid :hi:
sorry to hear your having such a bad time of it at the moment :( HS really is the pitts isn't >:( Just be careful with that cellulitis ...I think CP has given you some good advice there and a good link...glad your going to the Doc's tomorrow...hope you get on ok :cf:
Love and Cuddles Bev 

Offline yeteva45

• Registered member
  • Registered SkinCell Member
« Reply #41 on: Friday August 20, 2004, 10:41:57 PM »
Hi.  New to group.  My name is Brenda and I have HS/Stage 1.  You don't say if you have the tracking, but if you have one in your rectum, I'm guessing you do.  I talk to a lady at YaHoo HS groups who has part of her menstrual blood  come out of a HS hole in her upper leg.  It is sorta the same thing maybe?
Definately see the doctor about this one.  I'm sure it's very frightening for you.  Try your best not to stress out cause we all know what stress does to us!
No one at YaHoo ever talks about using Vicks...hmmmm.  What exactly does that do for them?  Quite curios.

P.S.: is it really that  unkosher to describe your disease here?  I see everyone apologizing and using V for ******, etc.  if we can't name body parts here, where can we?    :-\
yeteva45
Keep the faith.

Offline yeteva45

• Registered member
« Reply #42 on: Friday August 20, 2004, 10:59:37 PM »
Trid,
I reckon I know who you are and get your butt to the doctor would ya?  
It may not be celluitis, but what if it is?    :bighug:

brenda
yeteva45
Keep the faith.

Offline Trid

• Registered member
  • Registered SkinCell Member, HS
« Reply #43 on: Saturday August 21, 2004, 02:00:13 AM »
Hi Brenda,

Yup, did it.  Turns out NOT to be cellulitis, just some 'other' really nasty skin infection. I'm gonna post a thank you on yahoo HS for the group.  Thanks everyone, so much for your concern & advice. I'm VERY glad I went, even if they did make me wait to be seen. I'm now on anti's, lotion & special soap.
 ;)

Trid

Celery Peach

« Reply #44 on: Saturday August 21, 2004, 08:48:09 AM »
 :hi: Brenda

I am stage 2-3 and yes I get the tracking, tho mostly in my armpits. The lump in my bum tho, I am hoping was a one off, it swelled, it burst, it seems to be going down now, the pain has gone at least. I dont know about the 'tracking of menstrual blood' ? I dont believe that possible. Anatomy just doesnt work that way. Just my opinion.

It is frightening for me to have blood coming out of my bum, its not the first time, the first time it happened the doctor scared the pants off me by ordering loads of tests, but it all came back clear. So it was either a lump in there or troubles with my stomach from taking all the antibiotics over the years for the HS. I have also had an unexplained lump on my Cervix, was that the HS ? I just dont know ?

The thing that I most fear about getting the lumps in my bum, is it is so easy for them to become infected there, it is very difficult to keep it clean because of the nature of the area. My Dad and another person I know had to go into hospital and have a small surgery and daily packing for the same reason. It was humiliating and very painful for them. I also worry about the risk of MRSA in hospital these days, its rife in the UK.

Brenda, its not that its 'unkosher' to talk about my HS here. It is just MY embaressment. Usually it doesnt bother me, I have pics in the gallery of my HS and talk quite freely about it, it was just this lump in my bum, made me feel so unclean & disgusting, I think thats only me being human as Skincell is so much more than just a 'skin disease' site to me.

I use Vicks Vapour rub to draw out my lumps. I heard about it when first joining here from our Rocketer, it has been one of the best treatments for me personally. Yes, your right, after spending many months on Yahoo groups, no one had mentioned it. They all seem to be very Pro surgery tho which I am against. Again just my opinion.

I will put a link here for Vicks Vapour Rub, it is mostly used as a cold/flu remedy. A rub that you would put on your chest to help you breathe more easily, but the link suggests many other uses. It has similiar properties to an American product called 'boileaze' which we cant buy here in UK. In fact, I was told by the pharmacist, in UK pharmacists are now not allowed to sell specific boil drawing ointments, we must see our doctor, since the docs dont have a clue, I find myself going round in circles on that one.

click here for Vicks info, needs Adobe reader

Before using the Vicks, boils in my pits were growing to at least walnut size, swelling most painful for at least 4-5 days before bursting. If I use the Vicks and cover with a dressing as it starts to swell, its usually 2 days max before they burst, they dont grow half as big either. Its been my saviour !

:hi: Trid, I'm glad that you got it checked out by the doc  :hugs: I hope you get some relief from it soon.

:hi: Bev, I got the garlic pills ! Kelp next  :up:

Booked in for the docs on Tuesday, see what she has to say, since things picking up a step. I will ask her to do some swabs as it seems everything is flaring right now, I still think maybe have some nasty bug in my system? She's really nice, so I am pretty sure she will give me some topical antibiotic just in case this one in my nether regions reappears.

Then I'm off to see my pompus git of a Derm on the 13th. So the printer is real busy right now  ;)

Offline Bev

• SkinCell Grand
  • Cuddly Buddly
  • What will be will be!
« Reply #45 on: Sunday August 22, 2004, 03:47:44 PM »
Hi CP................I'm keeping my  :cf: for the garlic pearls .....I hope they work for you as well as they are doing for me ..............I saw my derm friday morning she had a good poke around and even she had to admit that something is working.
She said she had never in 3 years seen my HS look as good as it did now (((well I'm glad she thinks it looks good))))  :-\I'm sure she wouldn't think that if it were on here body ;)but I knew what she meant.She said last time she saw me I was def in stage 3 and know she would say 1/2 so that is a real improvement.
I'm still getting them but only little ones more like normal acne and they are bursting straight away ;D.............She did however make me promise to take the Anti's straight away if things started flaring again :(I did say I would.
Hope all goes ok for you at the Doc's :peck:
Love and Cuddles Bev 

Offline scaly Sue.

• SkinCell Grand
  • Balance
« Reply #46 on: Sunday August 22, 2004, 08:19:33 PM »

CP.....I hope all goes well at the GP for you.

:hugs:
Just when I think I have got it right somebody moves the damn goalposts.!

Celery Peach

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday August 24, 2004, 03:05:59 PM »
 ;D Well guys, my GP is an absolute diamond  :peck:

I had a good session with her today. Starting with her telling me how well I look  :) That would be the 23 lbs I lost  ;) and gave me a pat on the back for trying to help myself  :-[

She has given me some swabs to do at home, I can then put them in at the surgery when done and if there are any nasty bugs she will prescribe the specific antibiotic for the job.  :up: She thought it was a good idea  :o

Gave me a script for Hibiscrub & some dressings on repeat  ;) save me a few pennies,  :cf: the dressings dont rip my skin off as most do  ::) ...as I have been paying out over a tenner a week for them at Boots, I just cant afford it !

Also gave me a script for the antibiotic in a cream, for those awkward little buggers  ;)

:hi: Bev, I got those sea kelp tablets today too  :up: Can I just ask, how many mg a day are you taking of them & the garlic ?

>:( The HS is still having a right go, I'm just so bloody sore and throbbing, ah well what can I do with myself ? No more I dont think  :)

Offline Bev

• SkinCell Grand
  • Cuddly Buddly
  • What will be will be!
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday August 24, 2004, 03:20:04 PM »
Hi CP you can ask anything you want ;D The Garlic are 2mg and the recommended amount on my bottle say's one a Day....The Sea Kelp is 300mg and the same recommendation 1 a day......I'm really Keeping my  :cf: for you on this one it's about time you had some respite from this Damm Disease >:(
I'm still doing ok  ;D :cf: I can't belive it 27 years I have suffered from this disease...and a little bit of Garlic and Kelp seem to be helping something so simple.
I'm glad your Doctor was understanding with you it makes such a difference when your doctor is cool ;D
Hope you feel better soon :peck:
« Last Edit: Tuesday August 24, 2004, 03:23:52 PM by Bev »
Love and Cuddles Bev 

Celery Peach

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday August 24, 2004, 03:27:53 PM »
 ;D Thats great then Bev, I got the right ones. So cheap too, from the local chemist, 2 months supply of each for 99p a bottle ! At that price I think everyone should try it, they wont do any harm and I am hoping they do a hell of a lot of good !

Yep, I hope I can have a break too, gotta be my turn soon  ;)

Your right, to have a good doc really helps, she gave me a real boost today ! Feeling very nervous tho, for Derms on 13th, he had me in tears last time and I have to tell him that I didnt take the antibiotics he gave me  ::) Still, I am going armed to the hilt with info, gonna ask him about the UVA treatment, and I have my new healthy eating to report.  :cf:

Offline Fortuna

• SkinCell Grand
  • Giggler
  • The Mad Court Jester
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday August 24, 2004, 08:49:43 PM »
I am glad that you got some good news, CP.
My garlis says two pills a day, I am taking six.
It's just Garlic and can't hurt.
Kelp, huh?  Sea kelp or what?
Here's to not dying inside! ( that's what Adam tells me my only job is now, even though I am still working)
"Try anything once, come hot, come cold.  If we're not foolish young, we're foolish old."
Canterbury Tales, Geoffrey Chaucer
"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." - Gaius Julius Caesar
Luceo Non Uro "I shine not burn

Offline Bev

• SkinCell Grand
  • Cuddly Buddly
  • What will be will be!
« Reply #51 on: Thursday August 26, 2004, 08:46:04 AM »

My garlis says two pills a day, I am taking six.
It's just Garlic and can't hurt.
Kelp, huh?  Sea kelp or what?

Wow Jess 6 a Day Garlic Overdose  :o Yes Sea Kelp

SEA KELP: Excellent source of calcium, magnesium, potassium and many trace
minerals. Kelp helps the body to fight infections, and is beneficial to
the thyroid gland. Kelp is recommended as an excellent daily
supplement.

GARLIC: Anti-bacterial used to treat amoebic dysentery. Lowers blood
pressure and cholesterol levels; increases phagocyte and peritoneal
macrophage production, thereby acting as an anti-microbial. Also
considered effective as an immune booster and in treating viral and
fungal infection.

And the last one I'm going to add to my list is Milk Thistle a little more Exspensive that the others ...but I'm going to try this one too

MILK THISTLE: Antioxidant, detoxifier, liver protectant and
rejuvenator, increases production of bile for breakdown of fats. Helps
skin conditions related to poor liver function and promotes cell
regeneration.

Love and Cuddles Bev 

Celery Peach

« Reply #52 on: Thursday August 26, 2004, 09:25:54 AM »
 :D I shall say this very quietly Bev so the HS dont hear...  ;) I am on day 3 of Kelp and about a week on the garlic, things seem to be settling down a little. I am very hopeful after reading your good results  :cf: I havnt had a dressing on my left pit now for the last 2 days and it had been months draining. I am still using the Aloe gel too.

I was also reading up on the Kelp Bev, as well as what you have posted, it also brags that it can help weight loss ! Which can only be a help too !

Sea kelp helps to speed up the metabolism rate, burn calories faster and ultimately break down fat tissues that have stored in your body over time.

Offline Bev

• SkinCell Grand
  • Cuddly Buddly
  • What will be will be!
« Reply #53 on: Thursday August 26, 2004, 09:33:49 AM »
Schhhhhh Softly Softly........Oh CP so so glad things are starting to settle down a little..... LONG may it Continue :cf:

And if it helps with the Weight Loss even better ...........Wey Hey we will all be running round like skiny minny in our Bikini's Lump and Scar free ;D................Now there something to think about 8)
Love and Cuddles Bev 

Offline Fortuna

• SkinCell Grand
  • Giggler
  • The Mad Court Jester
« Reply #54 on: Thursday August 26, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »
I'm gonna go get me some kelp and thistle, it really can't hurt.
"Try anything once, come hot, come cold.  If we're not foolish young, we're foolish old."
"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." - Gaius Julius Caesar

Offline Bev

• SkinCell Grand
  • Cuddly Buddly
  • What will be will be!
« Reply #55 on: Friday August 27, 2004, 07:42:14 AM »
 >:(Got an old lump starting to fill >:( Don't know what to think now
is it working or isn't >:(
It's one of those persistatnt ones that's always been there......It's not too bad I'm just angry thought I had cracked it this time with the Garlic and the Sea Kelp...Having said that I have started the milk thistle too.....So I'm wondering if it's that flushing my System :cf:

Watch this Space ;)

Love and Cuddles Bev 

Celery Peach

« Reply #56 on: Friday August 27, 2004, 08:21:39 AM »
 :hugs: aww sorry Bev, that your old friend is playing up again.  :hugs:

::) I spoke too soon too. They are all a swellin again. Having an alergic reaction to the new dressings too. I havnt given up on the pills tho, it is still too early to tell, back to buying the dressing tho  :(

:cf: for the Milk Thistle Bev, hopefully its just flushing as you say, a bit worse before you get better, as things sometimes do ?  :hugs:

Gobe

« Reply #57 on: Friday August 27, 2004, 11:25:28 AM »

soft and gentle  :hugs: for Bev and CP.

plus a wee peck  :peck: for good measure

Offline Bev

• SkinCell Grand
  • Cuddly Buddly
  • What will be will be!
« Reply #58 on: Friday August 27, 2004, 12:00:08 PM »
Aw Thanks Gobe :hug: I get so anoyed with the  *HS Just when you think you have found something that works....Back up it comes again. >:(   Guess I should know better after all these years :D
Love and Cuddles Bev 

Offline Fortuna

• SkinCell Grand
  • Giggler
  • The Mad Court Jester
« Reply #59 on: Friday August 27, 2004, 02:32:41 PM »
Bev, and Cp, here's a nice soft  :hugs: for you two.
I am fine, on Augmentin for a week, funny how anti's make the swelling go down and the pain away, this is my third day with no pain.
I actually went out last nite, and had a great time!
I hope your bumps go away without getting as bad as we all know that they can.
 :cf:

Thinking of you guys.
Jess