Author Topic: HS. Embarressed & scared  (Read 179521 times)

Offline missmash

Re:HS. Embarressed & scared
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday August 18, 2004, 07:53:19 AM »
 :hi:

i think i was only smiling cos i was embarrassed writing it !!  .....  well that and a quick pretend attempt to see if it would be possible hahahaha!!!!

and i think going to the loo regularly, maybe even often, will only be a good thing...  means that the bad stuff is coming out, including harmful bacteria...  

jo
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but it is too low and we reach it...  michelangelo

Offline Bev

• SkinCell Grand
  • Cuddly Buddly
  • What will be will be!
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday August 18, 2004, 01:50:12 PM »
CP sorry that nothing has happened :( But I'm glad that at least the Aloe Gel is soothing the :-XArea for you....................Hope to hear that things have improved soon........
Love and Cuddles Bev 

Celery Peach

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday August 18, 2004, 02:42:47 PM »
 :doh: :doh: ARGH now my right pit & boob joined in. I really dont know whats going on here, skin just seems to be a right state, even getting a spotty face now too.

You all know how against taking antibiotics I am, but I just dont know what to do with myself, I still have the ones the derm gave me last time. Even if it eases it a little ? What do you guys think ? Will you kill me Jo ?  ;)

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/showpreparation.asp?id=1071 1000mg a five day course of these ?

OR

http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/minocycline.html start taking 100mg of these a day forever ??

I'm getting so desperate here. I just cant figure it out, I havnt done anything any different, the only thing I can think is this heat ? I would really like to know what you guys think. You know the docs & derms just arnt helping and I am running out of ideas. I dont mean to moan, its just the way it is, I'm still smiling here tho. SOH still intact  ;) I guess it has to be when hubby calling me a 'raspberry ripple' all day  :D

Offline Bev

• SkinCell Grand
  • Cuddly Buddly
  • What will be will be!
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday August 18, 2004, 03:01:56 PM »
Aw CP sorry to hear things are getting worse :hug:.....Good to hear that your sence of humor is still intact ;) It's a wonder knowing what HS can do to the mind as well as the Body......I really wouldn't like to say weather you should take the Antis or not...I think that is a decision that only you can make (sorry to be of little help here) I went to my doctors last night and we had a  discussion about taking antis...I told her my Derm thinks I should and I think I shouldn't..My doc say's it is my body and only I know what works best for me.....I told her I had been taking Garlic and Sea Kelp....I am still getting Lumps but only very small one just like Acne spots really she had a look and said that what she could see was a big improvement for me ...so she has said It is ok to carry on with them....................and if and when things get bad again then I need to consider Anti's or even Surgery :o apparently there is a surgeon in Leeds who is quite good on the subject of Hidradenitis :o And I can have a referal to him if I wan't one  :-\
Sorry to ramble on again......But you moan away CP ....That's what were here for to support each other ....................Thinking of you and hope things improve soon :peck:
Love and Cuddles Bev 

Offline Fortuna

• SkinCell Grand
  • Giggler
  • The Mad Court Jester
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday August 18, 2004, 03:20:12 PM »
I am really sorry you're still feeling like sheit.  :hug: :'(
I think that we are all sick of oozing.   :(
I am glad you can still smile, I think that's really important.
I wish I could help more, just can't.
Not close enough to you, and I think that you guys get better health care then we do here.
it cost me 100 per visit.  Pretty much putting  me on the street to find out whats wrong.
Moan away, no one cares, if you don't what will happen?  Could be worse.
"Try anything once, come hot, come cold.  If we're not foolish young, we're foolish old."
Canterbury Tales, Geoffrey Chaucer
"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." - Gaius Julius Caesar
Luceo Non Uro "I shine not burn

Offline dippitmaggie

• SkinCell God
  • daft but not stupid
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday August 18, 2004, 05:19:06 PM »
Hey cp I'm on fluclox for an infection on my P.  I';ve been told to make sure I wash with oilatum+, dermol600 or balneunm+ as they are the anti micbob washes.  Has your GP given you any?  they may help remove the c##p from yourHS
reading and sewing keeps me sane

Offline Karen F

• SkinCell Grand
  • Supreme Exerciser
  • Hello!
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday August 18, 2004, 08:51:51 PM »

Awww Celery, so sorry to hear of your latest battle with the horrible HS.  It's awful that you're going through such misery.  I really hope that things begin to settle down for you and you get some relief really soon.  Take care and look after yourself. :hugs: :peck:

Offline missmash

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday August 18, 2004, 10:33:25 PM »
 :hi: CP

no i wouldn`t be cross... haha..  you got to do what you think is right for your body..  just personally i would go for topical antibiotics..  i know they too leech into your system but i just feel happier applying them to the affected areas..  

how about trying echinacea and goldenseal - a good natural all rounder antibiotic/anti bacterial

jo
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but it is too low and we reach it...  michelangelo

Offline Trid

• Registered member
  • Registered SkinCell Member, HS
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday August 18, 2004, 10:46:30 PM »
Hi Miss Peach,

I'm new here (exploring) & only registered so that I could reply to your post. I'm very glad to have found this.  I have HS and right now am developing a bad case of cellulitis, so I really feel for you.

I just wanted to mention that I belong to a support group & many of the ladies there have been soothing their HS "aliens" with plain yogurt (organic if possible). Something with the live healthy bacteria is beneficial. They claim that it helps the pain, helps with drainage and swelling and that they are able to use it in the most "delicate" areas without problems.

I hope this helps...
Trid :D

Celery Peach

« Reply #29 on: Thursday August 19, 2004, 07:39:04 AM »
 :) yeah ! nether regions feeling so much better today  ;D Pit draining too ! Feeling alot better today

So  :spank: for me, even considering the anti's  ::) Will see the doc tho ASAP and get some topical.

This Aloe Gel is great stuff ! Very soothing and it makes my skin lovely and soft. The one I'm using is sold as an 'aftersun' cream, by Bananaboat.

Hopefully venture out again tomorrow and I will defo get some yoghurt & those Garlic and Kelp pills.

Thanks for all your advice & well wishes  :-*

:hi: Trid, welcome to Skincell, I hope you'll stick around  :) Please be careful with the cellulitis  :hugs: Hope you are feeling better soon.

Offline Bev

• SkinCell Grand
  • Cuddly Buddly
  • What will be will be!
« Reply #30 on: Thursday August 19, 2004, 08:03:32 AM »
Hi Trid :hi:
Welcome to Skincell ;D Like CP said I hope you will stick around here too.
Love and Cuddles Bev 

Offline Bev

• SkinCell Grand
  • Cuddly Buddly
  • What will be will be!
« Reply #31 on: Thursday August 19, 2004, 08:07:17 AM »
Cp :hi:.....So glad to hear that you are feeling loads better today.....and that you have found relief with the Aloe Gel ;D
Love and Cuddles Bev 

Gobe

« Reply #32 on: Thursday August 19, 2004, 11:43:36 AM »

Welcome to Skincell Trid!

:)

Offline dippitmaggie

• SkinCell God
  • daft but not stupid
« Reply #33 on: Thursday August 19, 2004, 01:16:18 PM »
Hi trid & welcome
reading and sewing keeps me sane

Offline Fortuna

• SkinCell Grand
  • Giggler
  • The Mad Court Jester
« Reply #34 on: Thursday August 19, 2004, 02:45:30 PM »
Hi, Trid, welcome!
"Try anything once, come hot, come cold.  If we're not foolish young, we're foolish old."
"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." - Gaius Julius Caesar

Offline Trid

• Registered member
« Reply #35 on: Thursday August 19, 2004, 02:53:34 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  I'm SO glad to have found you. I'm still fighting the cellulitis & some of the "girls" on the HS board tell me I should see the Dr. ASAP or go to ER.  I don't think it's that bad just yet, but they're making me nervous!  :'(   I've called & made an appt., but can't get in til tomorrow.

Anybody have any suggestions for holding it back until then?

Thanks again!
Trid   :D

Offline Fortuna

• SkinCell Grand
  • Giggler
  • The Mad Court Jester
« Reply #36 on: Thursday August 19, 2004, 02:59:46 PM »
Well, I am in the same boat, I go to the Derm tomorrow.
I've had these lesions for two months now, and have tried two different anti's, (levaquin and Keflex)
of course they didn't work.
they Keflex worked until it was gone and the Levaquin never really seemed to work. (I had a lesion develop and burst while on it)
Don't move?  :o

Sick of not being able to get dressed in the morning, I haven't got out of jogging pants and t-shirts for two months now.
Good luck, Trid, let us know...

Celery Peach

« Reply #37 on: Thursday August 19, 2004, 03:07:55 PM »
 :( ouch Trid, I'd get an ice pack on it and take some Ibuprofen. Rest up til you see the doc :hugs:

http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic88.htm

I dont know where your lump is, but for me, they feel easier if I can put a dressing and Vicks on them.

Offline Trid

• Registered member
« Reply #38 on: Thursday August 19, 2004, 03:14:14 PM »
Thanks gals!

Not moving or laying around naked with ice packs isn't an option as I had to come to work this a.m.  I can tell you, jeans are the MOST uncomfortable thing to wear with C on your upper thighs!  :(

I'm praying the Dr. gets a cancellation today, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.  Just having someone to talk to that actually understands is a big help, though! Thanks!

Burning in AZ,
Trid :o

Celery Peach

« Reply #39 on: Thursday August 19, 2004, 03:26:14 PM »
 :( So sorry you have to suffer with it at work Trid. You are going to have to get something a little more comfy than jeans  :)

:cf: You get in at the docs