Author Topic: HS. Embarressed & scared  (Read 179506 times)

Celery Peach

HS. Embarressed & scared
« on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 08:52:49 AM »
This is really embaressing....but who else can I turn to ?

Well, my HS is progressing.

The lumps dont seem to be growing as large as they used to in my pits, due to the Vicks I'm sure, altho they are always weeping and very sore now tho, my groin is the worst its ever been. I'm sorry if this is too much info but I am so scared.

I have a lump at the top of the v of hair, keeps swelling and going down, its black/purple, with its twin where it touches my leg
Theres another lump on my outer labia, which is twice the size of the other side now.

Whats scaring me is the one on/in my bum.  :'( Past few days I have that awful swelling feeling in the area, I couldnt figure out where it was. Last 3 times I have been for a #2  :-[ blood and puss just poured out. Its quite far in, as I can only feel it whilst sitting on the loo. Its not hemerodes, I have had those before. Its not itchy sore like they are, its throbbing pain. How can I hope to keep it clean ? I have heard tales of people going into hospital to have them packed and the high risk of infection there. Its my worst nightmare.  :'(

What can I do ? What do you HS girls do ? I cant use my vicks down there as its burns like hell, the area is just too sensitive. I cant use the dressings either, its just impractical.

I cant walk, I cant sit comfortably. Its front and back and I just dont know what to do ? I'v been cleaning myself with the Hibiscrub (antibacterial) and using hot/cold packs and ibuprofen.

Offline missmash

Re:HS. Embarressed & scared
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 09:29:23 AM »
 :hi: CP

oh CP...  i`m so sorry to hear of your HS nightmares..  i have two recurring sites either side of my " V " ... these i do treat with vicks..   for the ones that i have on my labia and just inside i use honey and aloe vera gel (the gel is really cooling and soothing and can be applied gazillions of times a day -and i do!!)

i did used to have lots of appear inside my butt crack (sorry chaps!! :-[) and around my anus but thankfully have never had one inside..   i`m sure the aloe vera gel would be good and the honey too for use inside, although even i balk at the thought of asking my partner to "get it up there". i`m thinking Cel that i would apply liberally to my finger and apply inside that region - maybe then plug/pack the area with some tissue to keep things in place.  i have also used the lanes tea tree/witch hazel in my butt without tears!

i have never had piles or tried the pile medication cream (prep H) - but i know a lot of people use it on HS lesions.. do you think that may be worth a go to get some relief?

I think i would also be going to the GP and getting some topical antibiotic ... just because of the place where the lesion it is and being unable to keep it clean. I have used topical clindamycin lotion on my front and back bits without it stinging the bejesus out of me.. there is also a gel form that may be easier to apply to the inside.

if i think of anything else i`ll let you know...  

jo

« Last Edit: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 09:29:45 AM by missmash »
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but it is too low and we reach it...  michelangelo

Celery Peach

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 09:52:45 AM »
 :) thanks Jo

I have to go out today, just have to, life goes on eh? and the family need supplies. Wish me luck, here we go with the funny walks  ;)

I will pick up some Aloe Vera Gel while I'm out. I have plenty of Honey here which I will try too. Prep H makes me burn & itch tho  :-[

The docs, well, its wait a week for my lovely lady doc or straight in today to see 'the creep' and I just know he will want to poke and prod and I just cant face it. Hopefully the Honey will kill any nasty germs. Think I will wait the week to see my nice doc as I know she will give me the topical stuff you mention, to have some in the house would make me feel easier.

Offline missmash

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 10:09:07 AM »
 :hi:

the aloe vera gel i use is from Holland & Barrett...  99% pure and half price in the sale at the mo..  200ml for £2.99..

jo
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but it is too low and we reach it...  michelangelo

Offline Bev

• SkinCell Grand
  • Cuddly Buddly
  • What will be will be!
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 11:26:39 AM »
Oh CP :'( You have my sympathy girl :'( I know just where your coming from on this one
You see I suffer all my HS in these reigons :'(and it is very hard to stop them getting infected :( I use the Yogurt that I go on about all the time I find it cooling soothing and at the same time it act's as a drawing agent for me.
Then when they have bust I then use Bactroban Ointment that my Derm gave me and I have to say I find this very good for stopping the areas getting infection.
I get a few lumps under my boobs :obut nothing really bad........I get lumps under my arms but just lumps they never come to the surface and I have no scaring under arms.....I'm affraid all mine are in the nether reigions front back in out up down top of legs and it is very painful to walk...sorry I'm rambling ;D
Hope you get sorted out when you see the Doc
Love and Cuddles Bev 

Offline dippitmaggie

• SkinCell God
  • daft but not stupid
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 12:11:51 PM »
I hope you find something that works well soon
reading and sewing keeps me sane

Gobe

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 12:32:00 PM »
Aww Celery how awful for you.  :peck:

I am not sure if waiting a week to see you doc is such a great idea with all the internal puss and pain.  

Keep us posted please.

:hugs:

Celery Peach

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 01:12:11 PM »
 :doh: argh Jo, wish I'd checked this thread before I left, I got some Aloe Gel from Boots, over a fiver  :o and its not pure. It is very soothing tho <she sez sitting here on a towel in her nightie having just applied some. ;)

Well, that was an ordeal, doing the shopping, but a few stressful hours today, means plenty of stuff in to keep the kids off my back for the week  ;) Blue came and he was a great help.

I'm sorry Bev that it effects you most in these areas, cos they are so hard to deal with. I kinda got used to the arms, boobs, got into a routine. It started in my groin/thighs but has never been this bad. I dont know what is going on with this stupid bod lately. It might be the weather? I was looking at the yogurt, but I got the Aloe this time, yoghurt next on the list, cos I do swear by it for thrush.

I popped in the docs, Nice doc is off til monday,  ring to make an appointment on Friday. I just CANT see this other doc, he really is too bad  :( I'm still smiling now, but I wouldnt be after seeing him  ;)

Offline missmash

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 02:07:03 PM »

it`s a fiver well spent then cel...  nuffin beats an "aaaahhh :D" moment when it comes to HS !!

just another thought CP...  why not eat some of the manuka..  i swear by it when things are bad..  i`m thinking along the lines of what goes in - must come out - and it might help with the bacteria along the way!

jo

Celery Peach

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 02:23:49 PM »
 :) Damn good idea Jo ! argh do I really have to eat it tho, I hate the taste, and what about my diet?  ;) Do you think I could sneak it in my coffee or will the heat kill off the good stuff ?

Offline missmash

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 02:32:05 PM »
sorry CP but putting into anything above luke warm will affect it`s healing properties..

diet wise - it`s a good sugar, so try not to worry ..  4 teaspoons a day is recommended..  i usually have it on a mouthful of bread or cracker as i don`t care for the taste either..  nothing to eat 30 mins before or after your "medicine" is also recommended..   i do treat it as a medicine as it makes it easier for me to follow these rules..

another thought ...  yikes this has made me smile!!  how about getting a small sized tampon, smothering it in honey and inserting it as required??  maybe overnight...  

jo

Offline Judworth

• SkinCell God
  • of Passion
  • Registered SkinCell Member
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 02:49:43 PM »
 :hi:CP,
I really,really am sooooooooo sorry for your continued pain!
I know that any discomfort in that area can be agony (and makes you feel very low! :().
Just a thought, I too endorse Aloe Vera which I keep in the fridge for when we need it in our house for a thousand different reasons!
Used straight from the fridge it is sooooooo soothing!
Hope that helps just a little! :hugs:Judz
Proud to be Different!

Offline Fortuna

• SkinCell Grand
  • Giggler
  • The Mad Court Jester
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 03:21:35 PM »
I don't know how I missed this, CP.
I always get them down there  :(
Very uncomfie to sit or walk or lie down, well to do anything.
I would just cover them up with a bandage and as much ointments as I could stand.
It would make them open up quicker.  I feel you!  
Now mine's spread from one armpit to the other side and its BAD  :( :'(
Got the first Derm's appt. on Friday, but at 100 per visit needless to say  I won't be going there too much.
I've also started taking those garlic supplements, no difference yet, but I try to keep positive.
Easy to get down on ourselves, I know.
The aloe vera gel sounds like it's a good idea, especially out of the fridge.
Honey up the spots, too.
I use the Vicks cream on my bum when I have to, and it doesn't burn, maybe just the goo does?
Hope anything helps, I really know what you're going through, I haven't had a big breakout down there in a few days.
One after another after another is how mine goes.
Much love and light hugs,
Jess
"Try anything once, come hot, come cold.  If we're not foolish young, we're foolish old."
Canterbury Tales, Geoffrey Chaucer
"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." - Gaius Julius Caesar
Luceo Non Uro "I shine not burn

puppydogeyes

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 04:11:24 PM »
 :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

i'm so sorry you're going through such a horrible time just now. i dont know anything about HS i'm sorry, being a P sufferer, but just wanted to send you my love and hope that you get seen by the doc sooner rather than later!

ps...i have some rather large patches of psoriasis on my backside which bleed and weep and are piggin sore to sit on...after reading yr post hun, i've just realised how lucky i really am just now.  :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I've got a bit of P starting on my C section scar too which i'm praying wont migrate 'south'... ::)

Thinking of you!

Offline Bev

• SkinCell Grand
  • Cuddly Buddly
  • What will be will be!
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 04:54:14 PM »
CP ...........Hope the Aloe Gel works for you Keeping the finger firmly crossed :cf:
Do you know I could scream at this Bloody Horrible Disease >:(It makes me so mad that nothing and no one knows how to treat it......in this day and age there should be something at least to ease the pain and humiliation :-[

Hope your feeling better and able to get about soon CP :hug: :peck:
Love and Cuddles Bev 

Offline Andy50

• SkinCell Grand
  • Angler
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 06:18:05 PM »
Yourself and other HS sufferer`s skin troubles make my own problems pale into insignificance Celery,i will be hoping things take a turn for the better soon :hugs:
Let the heart rest
Lay back your head
You were good in your time
And we thank you
                           Morrissey

Offline Bev

• SkinCell Grand
  • Cuddly Buddly
  • What will be will be!
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 06:37:06 PM »
Aaw Bless you Andy :peck:
Love and Cuddles Bev 

Offline scaly Sue.

• SkinCell Grand
  • Balance
  • Registered SkinCell Member
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday August 17, 2004, 09:08:42 PM »

I just don't know what I can say . I feel so very sad for you and helpless that you all have this awful HS to contend with . ALL I can do is give you all a big gentle hug and send you my love and thoughts.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Sue :-*
Just when I think I have got it right somebody moves the damn goalposts.!

Offline totalfolly

• SkinCell Friend
  • Crazy Cat Hero
    • Jo & Co. in Virginia
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday August 18, 2004, 12:41:27 AM »
CP, I'm so sorry the HS is giving you so much trouble.  :hugs:

totalfolly

"If you hear a voice within you say 'You cannot paint'
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Celery Peach

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday August 18, 2004, 07:25:51 AM »
 :) The Aloe Gel is very soothing ! No change today  ::) O well, I have nothing I have to do so I am just gonna have an easy day AGAIN  ;)

Missmash said:
another thought ...  yikes this has made me smile!!  how about getting a small sized tampon, smothering it in honey and inserting it as required??  maybe overnight...

:o Jo, I have gone crimson red just the thought  :-[  ;)
Not like me to be embaressed really, its just such an awkward place. I havnt been to the loo yet, I dare not, but all this fibre I eat, cant wait forever !  :lol: sorry folks, too much info.....