Author Topic: Eczema clears up after 6 years..!  (Read 8089 times)

Offline Aquababe241

• SkinCell God
Eczema clears up after 6 years..!
« on: Saturday October 22, 2005, 12:15:13 PM »
Hello everyone,

Was surfing the web and discovered this site yesterday...really great!! My skin had a really bad reaction to aloe vera juice even though it was a good brand...I couldn't stop itching and the dermatologists didn't know what to do...so I finally ended up with a raw food nutritionist who recommended green veg juices....and cut out sugar...

Anyway, after buying an expensive juicer and months of carrot, parsley and cucumber juice, my skin started to clear up on my legs and I was without pain and could walk with ease....

Continued adding more fresh food to my diet like avocadoes (you know, the really big ones imported from the Caribbean), growing my own sprouts in the kitchen - mung and lentil.  Upping my protein content - lots of chicken with salad.

Upping my evening primrose oil intake from 10g-20g a day, cutting back on the flax cos long term flax intake actually is disturbs your EFA balance.

Lots of sleep!!

My bath regime is like this -

2 tablespoons of seaweed kelp powder
3 tablespoons of ground oats
200g of Dead sea salt
1 cup of cider vinegar to get hard water to proper PH

all in a tepid bath.  Mind you, only take bath every 3 days now.

Also put 1 tablespoon of either coconut oil in bath or shea butter

Soak for 15 minutes...come out lovely!!

Anyway, one day I was oiling myself with coconut oil and noticed my skin has improved a great deal!!

Vitamin supplements taken -

Beta carotene to restore skin colour
Zince
Solgar multivitamins
Acidophilus
EPO 10-20g a day
Fish oil 5g daily
Vitamin E

I know this all sounds a lot, but my skin was terrible and I couldn't wear the type of clothes I used to...hair fell out and I just couldn't stop itching.   I didn't want to go the steroid route cos that makes your skin thin in the long run...   ;).  Ah well,

At last it's clearing up, now to sort me arms and face out!!

Mangosteen juice anyone?!!
It's really nice to be free, free to be me
I'd rather be free and happy
Than nobody and sad

Offline glam

• Registered member
Re: Eczema clears up after 6 years..!
« Reply #1 on: Friday January 06, 2006, 01:46:30 AM »
thats great news! Good for you! I am also on a similar diet, will try the other stuff u recommend....

thank you.

Offline Alohamora

• SkinCell God
« Reply #2 on: Thursday January 19, 2006, 01:30:20 PM »
Upping my evening primrose oil intake from 10g-20g a day, cutting back on the flax cos long term flax intake actually is disturbs your EFA balance.

I really haven't read anything bad about flax-seed oil?  But,  I agree that  the body needs a good balance of oils. The idea I read recently is just to supply the body with an abundance of good oils and it will utilize what it needs and eliminate or metabolize the rest.  I've been taking about 10 to 12 grams of oil a day and eliminated bad fats from my diet. The current mix for me is

3 g coconut oil
3 g flax seed oil
3 g fish oil
1 g borage oil
1 g cod liver oil

I'm also taking a high potency multi-vitamin, multi-mineral, along with Choline, Inositol and Cycsteine to help support my liver in eliminating toxins. Eating lots of yogurt with live culture acidophilus, too!

And, I think it's working! The skin still looks dry but it feels sooo much better. It looks like it could heal completely if I keep my diet clean for a while.

« Last Edit: Thursday January 19, 2006, 02:11:48 PM by Alohamora »
You are what you eat.

Offline Aquababe241

• SkinCell God
« Reply #3 on: Sunday September 14, 2008, 10:01:11 AM »
Well I'd forgotten this post existed and came across it today.  It's good to know what worked for you 2 years ago as my bath regime is just Dead Sea salts and olive oil now.  I'm yet to buy some more Aalgo seaweed as I've run out (again)!

My vitamin regime is still roughly the same - Zinc picolinate, Evening Primrose oil, Cod Liver oil, Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, Vitamin E...I'm eating mackerel a lot now, so don't buy Fish oils....

I haven't been juicing so much as blending apple/aloe/cucumber upon which I notice a difference overnight in my facial complexion.  I need to keep up with carrot/parsley for my arms which are eczema-damaged.  The skin is blotchy and got surface wrinkle and is rough to the touch :-\

Ah well, at least I don't itch as much as I was doing a month ago...Yay....!!

Aquababe
It's really nice to be free, free to be me
I'd rather be free and happy
Than nobody and sad

Offline skinurghs

• Diary of an Eczema Suffer
« Reply #4 on: Sunday September 28, 2008, 11:10:28 PM »
....and drinking lots of water..... ;)
Positive action, positive thoughts, positive healing