Author Topic: Howdy, I'm new with Morgellons  (Read 8577 times)

Offline Ridgewalker

• Registered member
Howdy, I'm new with Morgellons
« on: Monday April 25, 2005, 05:01:38 AM »
 :o I just (not officially by my dermatologist...he thinks I'm delusional as I'm sure many of you have been told!) learned of Morgellons from an ER doctor.  I am a 46 y/o woman in Oklahoma (where the only official studies I know of are being done so I hope they will use me as a guinea pig) and have been suffering from "mystery illnesses" for more than 2 years.  My Morgellons started with specks about 4 months ago and is now in full lesion  /  fiber stage.  In the short time I have known about it I have learned some things about this critter and guys........is this from outer space or what ??!!.  I'll post my latest new findings on  the other board but it's getting scarier by the day.....maybe spooky is a better word.  I'm glad to have found you all.  Thank goodness I'm not alone.  I was contemplating suicide.  I'm normally very happy, energetic and a go see do kinda gal but this stuff is Hell to live with.  See you on the info board and I'm so glad to be here............Karen

Offline Sha

• SkinCell God
Re: Howdy, I'm new with Morgellons
« Reply #1 on: Monday April 25, 2005, 05:31:48 AM »
Karen,

Welcome to Skincell!   :hi:
I am glad that you have found Skincell.  It sounds like you could really use understanding, intelligent friends right now.  I am sure you have already noticed how much info everyone here shares.  I hope it will help you.  Anytime you are feeling down, just come to Skincell.  Are you scheduled to see a Derm?  Please let us know if & when. And, what the Derm says.

Sha   :hugs: :hugs:

Offline Sha

• SkinCell God
« Reply #2 on: Monday April 25, 2005, 05:41:26 AM »
Karen,
I had to post again & tell you we are not very far from each other.  I am a" little nosy"
I have to see where everyone is from.  I live in Texas!  Talk to you soon.  Good Luck with everything.  I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!   :cf:  You are right though about Drs.  It is tough trusting them with your health & well being.  Again, do you have an appt. scheduled with a Derm?

Sha   :hugs: :hugs:

withu

« Reply #3 on: Monday April 25, 2005, 05:56:05 AM »
 :hi: Welcome to Skincell Karen!  :bighug: :bighug:

Offline Ridgewalker

• Registered member
Re: Morgellons Plague....please read
« Reply #4 on: Monday April 25, 2005, 06:31:57 AM »
SHA - I happened to be in Texas when I got the bug.  Longview area.  I was referred to a derm and he said I had "fixed parasitical delusions"....in other words, I'm not crazy just fixed on this one issue.  The Morgellons Foundation out of OSU in Tulsa which has gone from 1200 to 1900 families registered in just several weeks says 95% of their patients were originally diagnosed as delusional and that is because of the strange nature of this critter.  It's terribly frightening takes many shapes and forms.  Starts as black specks under the skin and then pink and then lesions.  Some people call it the Fiber or Cotton parasite but it seems it can take that shape or form once in the body.  There has been a connection between the bug and the Gulf War veterans.  My husband has it, he is a Vet and the Research Foundation has a section that is researching a veteran connection.  There is even speculation that it is something genetically created or altered.  For the folks that think it's Lyme....sadly I don't think so...after research it seems it can piggyback into the system on any number of other "bugs".  It has responded to intensive treatment of the drugs used for Lyme and certain IV antibiotics but since it can actually mimic or hide itself (in it's initial fluke form) as fibers I don't know how one would keep from being re-infected in your home when you return.  The strange thing is......it is epidemic in California Texas and Florida but the CDC will not respond.  I find that a little strange....kinda like agent orange...because they are trying to link it to Lyme but the largest outbreak clusters are near military bases and hospitals.

I know all this sounds crazy and it makes life for sufferers a living nightmare.  There is grassroots movement to force our state representatives to do something.  It has been reported in every state and 18 countries and some are now calling it the "coming Plague". 

I recommend EVERYONE just type in Morgellons and go to the foundation site because everyone is at risk.  Also if you have unidentified spots or sores and have fatigue this may be your answer.  Unfortunately it's very very scary.  I know this all sounds nuts but it's true and I've seen properties in this thing that are straight out of a sci fi flick. INFORMED MORGELLONS SUFFERERS HELP ME OUT! 'cause it's just too weird to describe!

Thanks for the welcome and support and I guarantee....I'm not delusional or nuts....just scared.    :(

Offline GuzziHeroV50

• SkinCell Hero
  • Gas Guzzler
« Reply #5 on: Monday April 25, 2005, 08:09:20 AM »
Wow...this sounds so bizarre.  I really wish i could help, but I didnt even know about Morgellons.

All I can do is offer you a :hugs:

Offline GuzziHeroV50

• SkinCell Hero
  • Gas Guzzler
« Reply #6 on: Monday April 25, 2005, 08:13:35 AM »
Im so concerned about this, i did a search...this is what I found (any emboldment is mine, not the authors):

'The Coming Plague' - is this the start of it?

With reference to the blog of mine titled 'The Coming Plague' where I list the many microbiologists who've been killed - I notice that a new strange disease has appeared in the US, infecting over 1200 adults and children sofar. As to whether this is the 'Captain Trips' disease which the various scientists who might have been able to stop it, were killed for, time alone will tell. ('Captain Trips' was the name given to the lethal superbug in Stephen Kings' The Stand, which killed most of the worlds population) Over 1200 people thus far are affected - people are getting lesions on their bodies that are filled with strange, string-like fibers. The lesions start out as itchy bumps. I'm curious and suspicious about the medical profession attempting to describe it here and there as 'hysteria' and 'delusion' - given that there's clear signs of an unknown disease being commonly experienced by diverse people.. take a look at a website dedicated to this:
http://www.morgellons.com/ ----------SNIP Mystery Disease Plaguing LA, San Francisco, Austin, Other Areas
10-Feb-2005

( http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=4417 ) Morgellons Fibers from Child
An unknown disease is hitting Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin and other areas, and if it's not actually a new disease, doctors think it must be mass hysteria. People are getting lesions on their bodies that are filled with strange, string-like fibers. The lesions start out as itchy bumps. Given the fact that lesions appear, as well as parasite-like fibers, it is hard to see how a diagnosis of hysteria can stand. When a nurse suffering from the disease went to the hospital to have it treated, she was almost sent to a mental institution. A male medical assistant was driven so crazy by the lesions, he committed suicide. His girlfriend now has symptoms. More than 1,200 people nationwide”children as well as adults”have the same skin lesions and bizarre fibers. Most patients are in the medical profession, meaning it may be some sort of superbug they've caught from the hospital environment. Superbugs are bacteria that evolve in hospitals to become resistant to most antibiotics. Another theory suggests this is Lyme Disease, caught from tick bites. Close up inspection of the stringy fibers show they are actually tiny of tubes of protein. So far, no one has been able to identify a disease that produces such symptoms. Sufferers have caulled the disease Morgellons Syndrome, after a 16th century medical text that contains a description of it. Their website is http://www.morgellons.com/

Gobe

« Reply #7 on: Monday April 25, 2005, 11:04:30 AM »
 :hi:

Welcome to Skincell Karenr!

If you do a search here you will see that we have quite a few threads about Morgellons.

:hugs:

« Last Edit: Monday April 25, 2005, 11:26:42 AM by Gobe »

Offline Ellen ON VACATION

• SkinCell Grand
« Reply #8 on: Monday April 25, 2005, 11:06:49 AM »
Hey Karen...Welcome to the forum, this place will become an addiction that will save your sanity. You will not believe the comfort this site will give you. There are good, good, folks here.

I also looked Morgellons up and I must agree, that is some weird sh*t! I live in Florida so I want to find out all that I can about this. It looks like this bug is getting some attention so that's a good thing.

The best advice that I can give to you is to TALK. Start a thread, teach us everything that you know and everything that you learn. Having an outlet and a place to get it all out will soothe you. If you start your own threads it may attract other surfing Morgellons sufferers.

I'm glad that you're here. You are no longer alone.

Ellen

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline totalfolly

• Retired Moderator
  • Crazy Cat Hero
  • I yam what I yam
« Reply #9 on: Monday April 25, 2005, 12:45:04 PM »
Hiya, Karen, and welcome to SkinCell!

totalfolly
"If you hear a voice within you say 'You cannot paint'
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Offline psirosisvirgin

• SkinCell Grand
  • Nattering Nightengale
« Reply #10 on: Monday April 25, 2005, 08:06:25 PM »
Karen
Sometimes the man at the top of the mountain......Has the smelliest shoes.....

Offline kraemer

• Registered member
« Reply #11 on: Saturday October 28, 2006, 03:56:54 AM »
Karen, I am so glad that you said you have Morgellons Disease. My daughter has it also. She has the lesions that won't heal, black fibers, ulcers in her mouth, brain fog, chronic fatigue and severe depression. At first the doctors thought that she was crazy but they believe her now. We live in Pennsylvania. No one so far in our family has contracted it so far. Please keep in contact with me. Maybe we can help each other.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Cindy Kraemer

Offline cemeterybride666

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday October 31, 2006, 04:20:19 AM »
hello karen...your in my thoughts.
 :)

Offline soccergrl

• SkinCell God
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday October 31, 2006, 11:09:48 AM »
Wow, this disease does sound really strange, and how frustrating that many doctors won't treat it! I'm glad you at least live in the area where some research is being done. I hope you will find some answers and some relief soon.  :)
Only the curious have something to find...

Polkadot

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday November 01, 2006, 12:15:49 PM »
Hi Karen! Welcome!!!  :hi:

bunnie

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday November 01, 2006, 02:27:54 PM »
Hi Karen, and welcome to skincell!

Offline Jellybean

• Registered member
« Reply #16 on: Monday November 23, 2015, 09:04:30 PM »
Hey Karen please email me at Mladams313@gmail.com I too have morgellons. I would love to know the treatment

Offline Darrell

• Registered member
« Reply #17 on: Friday June 10, 2016, 06:16:57 AM »
Wow...this therefore unds so eccentric. i actually would like i may facilitate, however I didn't even realize Morgellons.

Offline john21wall

• Registered member
« Reply #18 on: Thursday June 23, 2016, 01:04:02 PM »
Im glad you have hope!!! I have had it my whole life and now at 37 I can tell my vision is decreasing a lot faster. Ive been through the same where the Dr.s said there will not be a cure any time soon. Its really unbelievable to me that normal vision problems can be corrected with lenses and there is nothing to correct this while waiting for a cure. As for me, Im not hopeful.
ograniczniki z tworzywa sztucznego obrzeż eko bord