Author Topic: Psoriasis and sunbeds  (Read 1333 times)

Offline JChick

• Registered member
Psoriasis and sunbeds
« on: Friday April 01, 2005, 11:24:01 AM »
It was recomended to me that sunbeds for short periods help dry up a psoriasis attack.

I know UVA and B are treatments for psoriasis, but I was worried about the risks of sunbeds.

Has anyone found them helpful or would you only use light therapy when given by doctor?
Always in it, it's just the depth that varies!

Offline Willow

• Registered member
Re: Psoriasis and sunbeds
« Reply #1 on: Friday April 01, 2005, 12:39:07 PM »
Hi JChick,

My Psoriaosis isn't too bad so I'm not too sure about that, but last year someone reccomended going on a sunbed to clear my acne up before I was a bridesmaid at my sisters wedding.

It wasn't a wonder cure and I wouldn't do it long term because of all the obvious dangers of using a sunbed but it did seem to help.  It dried my skin up a bit and also made them less noiticable becuase of the tan.

I wouldn't do it all the time but if it was for a special occasion I would definitely try it again.

Love Willow xx

Offline psirosisvirgin

• SkinCell Grand
  • Nattering Nightengale
Re: Psoriasis and sunbeds
« Reply #2 on: Friday April 01, 2005, 04:13:28 PM »
I go for UVB treatment three times a week because of my psirosis, i can honestly say that it has worked wonders on my face but the rest of my body is pretty  much the same (maby not as red) I wouldnt use any old sunbed because when i use the one at the hospital the nurse puts in exactly what dosage i should be having and for how long (today i had 22 secs) I honestly dont believe its worth trying to treat urself as it may cause more probs although i understand that u want it to clear up quick as ur a model. I would go pester the doctor or derm if you have one and try and get them to prscibe you UV treatment. Hope it starts to clear soon! ;D
Sometimes the man at the top of the mountain......Has the smelliest shoes.....