Author Topic: Schamberg's?  (Read 233732 times)

Offline blondie85

• Registered member
Re: Schamberg's?
« Reply #160 on: Friday May 29, 2009, 07:39:40 PM »
My first patch of schambergs started about 2 years ago on my shin. since then i developed many red circular pinprick patches on my legs and thighs, some of which got bigger and bigger.

Same as you all i went to GP..no cure...referred to hospital...no cure... and just as i was abpout to firk out for a private consultation i decided to try something called ANEW LASER FOR LEGS by Avon. i didn't hld out much hope and thought i was doomed to support hosiery (not a good look for a 24 year old female in summer). I used the cream for 4 days and now all of my patches have faded to the colour of my skin!! i recommend this to anyone, i didnt change my diet, take vitamins or medication, just thought i'd give this cream meant for thread veins a go. it's taken the redness out entirely. i'm amazed, i've cured my Schambergs for £10.

please try this if you can get hold of it, i'll happily get my legs out this summer, its almost unoticeable, amazing   ;D ;D

Offline chefgirl

• Registered member
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday June 16, 2009, 01:22:53 PM »
Which Avon Anew product was it exactly? There are 14 different Anew products. I'm very interested in trying it out.
Thanks
Chefgirl

Offline wanwilson

• Registered member
Schamberg's Disease
« Reply #162 on: Friday July 03, 2009, 11:02:39 PM »
July 3, 2009.  I have had Schamberg's for 9 years.  I am now 39 years old - female.  It is the kind that can go away (other than the staining) and will break out if I stand for long periods or if I drink - much worse if I do both.  I try to enjoy the casual drink with my legs up which can be hard to do if you are down town with the girls :)  Anyway, it is a huge nuisance for me.  I've been on vacation in Mexico and try not to drink.  Very hard to do.
I've been to several dermatologists and they say "don't drink".  I also get it if I am on my feet for any length of time.  The capillaries leak which puts pressure on the muscles causing my legs to ache.  The spots are mostly on my lower legs and more prominant around the ankle area.  I wear support stockings and they help but the blood does pool down my ankles anyway.

I've read a lot and tried a lot - with no success.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers,

Offline Cristina messina

• Registered member
« Reply #163 on: Friday November 13, 2009, 12:56:51 PM »
Hi  all,

I have not posted anything for the last 3 years. I really thought that I was cured forever but it seems that is something that does come back.
I had it fro 3 years between 2003 and 2006 and it was pretty bad all my legs and arms were covered really like nothing I have seems before in any pictures.
The thing is that at the time I used light therapy (tanning beds) which did not worked as well as proper natural light from the SUN, Vita-K cream and obviously the SUN which I think it really helped.  Now there are back I have had it for a month now. I ran to the tanning shop and put Vita-K on it but is not working as fast as it did before it could be because my cream is quite old,  I had them since 2006.
I have been reading the forum and I tried to work out what s it that produces Schambers on me.  I have read that the birth control Pill has had some effect on people and I also thought that is what started it on me in 2003 but I have not taken the pill or any other hormone for 6 years so in my case I do not think it was the pill I can discard that on my case. So the other 3 things that I could thin k of  that were happening 6 years ago and now are:

1.   I had root canal treatment 6 years ago and about 2 months ago just before I had any bruises I went to the dentist because I broke a molar opening a nail varnish (I know really stupid) and the dentist put all sort of chemicals on my tooth.

2.      Also I took some pain killers, I have kept away from aspirin or paracetamol for 6 years and I avoided at all cost pain killers only in extreme cases like when I had kidney stones and doctor gave me some Tramadol  and it did not cause anything at all. Anyway I broke my tooth and was quite desperate so I took some Ibuprofen Plus for a few days…. So not sure what produce it again the dentist or the Ibuprofen

3.    The other thing that I was also happening at the time when I first had, was that I was extremely depress and stress at the time and now I am also going through a rough time…

So I guess it could be the dentist, the Ibuprofen or emotionally thoughts on this?

I think I will get some new vita-k cream the one I am using is 3 years old and keep going to the Tanning shop unfortunately thought I live in London and there will be not sun until April next year.

Any thought will be appreciated. :(

Offline lynnea

• Registered member
« Reply #164 on: Friday November 20, 2009, 02:08:08 AM »
Hello, I am a 16 year old teenage girl, I sure care a lot about how I look, to my wonderful surprise on June 25th 2009, I was diagnosed with Schamberg's Disease, it was probably the hardest thing for me to hear when my dermatologist told me there was no cure. I have had this since January 2009. Before I went to a dermatologist my lower legs were just covered, it was horrible. I showed him my legs and asked him if it was going to get any worse, he looked at them and said, " Doesn't look like it can " , to my surprise after a straight week of complete depression, my lower legs, upper legs, back and butt, had Schambergs. All it did was seem to get worse, I was like going crazy, it was summer, and I couldn't wear shorts. After about a month or two, I started to cope, at the end of summer I was dealing with it, and everything (besides my skin) was close to perfect. In September 09 I noticed it was fading, everything was working out for me, It was completely gone off my back, butt and upper legs, still on my lower legs, but it was fading! I was ecstatic. All of October I was schambergs free.:) Than at the end of October, things started getting bad, and nothing seemed to be going right, I was failing most of my classes, I got played by some guy, and my sister moved out. I was very unhappy, it's november now, and I am completely covered in Schambergs, upper and lower legs, butt, back, stomache, my arms are covered, even my shoulders have Schambergs, oh and, I GOT IT ON MY FACE. I have never even read about someone getting it on their face, But guess what, It happens... and it spreads quickly on your face. I am also crazy itchy, this is such an unfair disease and I never thought something like this would happen to me, but i guess it. I went to the doctor today to talk to him about it on my face, because I cant even cover it up with makeup. He gave me a prescription for prednisone. Apparently it's not good for you at all though, But i'm going to give it a try for 7 days, wish me luck, because i sure as hell don't want this to get worse on my face.

Offline roops22

• Registered member
« Reply #165 on: Saturday December 19, 2009, 04:47:53 PM »
im pleased to say that mine are fading nicely and almost gone!  ;D

Offline dead_bird19

• Registered member
« Reply #166 on: Saturday December 26, 2009, 12:26:51 AM »
Hi everyone!

Haven't posted for a really long time. I just thought I should post some of my research I've been doing recently (last 4 months i have been obsessed with getting rid of this disease).

I haven't got any answers...just loads of questions and vague connections but I need to share because you never know if you're onto something.

Firstly I went to see a naturopath a little over a month ago.  She put me on a specific diet in which I can't eat sugar, wheat or drink coffee.  I'm not entirely sure if it's working...it's Summer at the moment and I did have my usual Summer flair up a few weeks ago but once I got over the disapointment I realised that the spots were only very tiny (only slightly bigger then a freckle)...an improvement to the usual size...but not enough.  I want to get rid of it entirely!

So while I'm still committed to my diet I've been looking into other things as well.  By other things I mean soap, dishwashing liquid, washing powder, shampoo, moisturiser, sunscreen, my clothes...almost anything that has contact with my skin.  I've found some interesting things. i strongly recommend that you check this site out

http://www.mionegroup.com/en/toxic;jsessionid=E40D141B37251CBFDFE3797D6B20A0E7

everything that is being used in your products is dangerous!!! I've thrown all my products away and am using alternatives from the health store.  It's hard but I think it's worth a shot.

Something that I thought was interesting was another type of dermititis that it's similar to this one but I think more severe which is caused from fragance.  "Fragrance" is in everything as well...even really mild soaps.  The website said that the fragrance reacts from the sun which cause discolour in the skin!  Could it be that this is the same?  Some time of chemical we use on our skin reacts to heat???  Check it out

http://www.carefair.com/Skincare/Disorders/Berloque_Dermatitis_99.html

I don't know guys :(  I'm trying so hard to come up with a reason here! Doctors are no help so I'm playing my own and I hate to have to do that...sometimes I feel like I really am looking for the needle in a haystack.  I'll post if I see any improvement with the not using products.  If anyone's interested in the diet the naturopath gave me I can send it to you!  No gaurantees but i think most of us here are willing to try anything.  I'm pretty sure I'll be going to clinic to test for allergies in a few weeks...see what they find...if anything.  Good luck everyone!!!

Offline chefgirl

• Registered member
« Reply #167 on: Thursday March 04, 2010, 09:09:45 PM »
I've had Schamberg's now for about 2 years. Got it shortly after a cold and my fathers passing from Cancer. Been reading alot and have decided to try the Vitamin C with Rutin 500 mg each twice a day. Has anyone tried this and has it worked for you? Wondering if there is anyone out there that have had this go away (if so how did you do it). Haven't seen recent posts so I was wondering if its gone or if hope has been lost.
Chefgirl

Offline helene01

• Registered member
« Reply #168 on: Sunday March 07, 2010, 07:50:13 AM »
The only thing i suggest which cleared up my schambergs for two years (it's coming back :( booo) is vitamin k supplements, foods with vitamin k in it i.e spinach, strawberries, lettuce etc, and vitamin c supplements with bioflavanoids. To help fade the spots quicker i suggest the tanning beds or natural sun light...

I think it is linked to fake tan lotion in some cases, as that is what triggered mine off 3 years ago....Johnson's moisturiser one. Secondly viruses set it off as schambergs is linked to a low immune system etc, i just had Glandular Fever so mine will definitely be back now :'(. Thirdly getting depressed about it in my opinion only prolongs it....there is a cure for everything and thankfully someone found a cure, ok it doesn't last forever but it clears it up for a while....we all need to think along the lines of 'i can beat this, i WILL beat this', seriously i found that when i stopped worrying about it there was a dramatic decrease in spots.

For those that suffer really badly, i suggest going on a diet of vitamin k foods for a week, you will seriously notice a difference.... :)

Offline chefgirl

• Registered member
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday March 24, 2010, 02:57:49 PM »
Have the spots stayed gone since you started the rutin and vitamin c?

Offline helene01

• Registered member
« Reply #170 on: Sunday March 28, 2010, 08:28:10 AM »
_at_ chefgirl:

It takes a few months for your body to start absorbing the vitamins properly but after taking 500mg a day for two months my schambergs disappeared completely. I also took them in conjunction with 100mg vitamin k tablets :)

hope this helps

Offline chefgirl

• Registered member
« Reply #171 on: Monday April 05, 2010, 05:00:56 PM »
But yours came back right?
I guess what I dont understand about the condition is if its a "Chronic" thing that is caused by a virus, unknown agent (soap, clothes, etc) or meds..... if your virus is gone, unknown agent is not being used and the meds you were on are no longer being used.... why wouldn't it go away?

Offline danielle2

• Registered member
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday August 25, 2010, 01:53:41 AM »
try looking for "itching purpura of lowenthal" its diagnosed by biopsy. its rare i have it no one in my family does. its part of the pigmented purpura family

Offline AV

• Registered member
« Reply #173 on: Friday October 01, 2010, 09:17:13 PM »
Hi all
After consultation with doctor I have tried rutin and pentoxifiline...but in vain :'(
It's there for around 1 and half years but not a single spot has gone, I can only see some new spots adding up whenever i walk too much
haven't tried too seriously on talking vit k and c but i think that is the only hope left.

Will it ever go ?? :'(

Offline roops22

• Registered member
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday November 16, 2010, 02:27:48 AM »
mine have gone away completely!  ;D ;D

Offline chefgirl

• Registered member
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday January 19, 2011, 04:05:12 PM »
How did you get yours to go away? The Protopic Cream?
I got this shortly after my dad died of cancer and I got pregnant. Once I had the baby I used a cream called Vanous and it went away.... unitl I got pregnant with my second child.
Hope yours stays gone for good. Best of luck.
Being 28 with this for almost 2 years is not pretty,
chefgirl

Offline Rodney077

• Registered member
« Reply #176 on: Monday March 28, 2011, 03:44:46 PM »
My first patch of schambergs started about 2 years ago on my shin. since then i developed many red circular pinprick patches on my legs and thighs, some of which got bigger and bigger.

Same as you all i went to GP..no cure...referred to hospital...no cure... and just as i was abpout to firk out for a private consultation i decided to try something called ANEW LASER FOR LEGS by Avon. i didn't hld out much hope and thought i was doomed to support hosiery (not a good look for a 24 year old female in summer). I used the cream for 4 days and now all of my patches have faded to the colour of my skin!! i recommend this to anyone, i didnt change my diet, take vitamins or medication, just thought i'd give this cream meant for thread veins a go. it's taken the redness out entirely. i'm amazed, i've cured my Schambergs for £10.

please try this if you can get hold of it, i'll happily get my legs out this summer, its almost unoticeable, amazing   ;D ;D

This sounds amazing. I have tried everything and have had no luck with clearing it up. I have worn support hose, which helps a little, and I tried a few different products, with limited results. I will look into the Avon product, hopefully it will work as well for me as it has for you. Thank you very much for posting this information. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
Rodney

Offline Mark555

• Registered member
« Reply #177 on: Monday July 09, 2012, 11:31:21 PM »
Treatment of Schamberg's disease with advanced fluorescence technology

Link: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0PDG/is_4_11/ai_n58600987/

Narrowband UVB therapy as an effective treatment for Schamberg's disease

Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18186840

Offline michelle21689

• Registered member
« Reply #178 on: Monday August 20, 2012, 06:49:52 PM »
I know you've all heard this a thousand times but I'm glad I have found a place to discuss this with many others that have this condition. For a long time I have been trying to find answers and some how I finally stumbled upon here. I'm surprised there's many females about my age on here! They say it's common in men but all I see here are women lol.

I noticed my markings on my side about a year ago and thought nothing of it. It itched a little bit but not for long. A year later I noticed it began to spread towards my back and I freaked out hoping it wasn't serious. Luckily, it wasn't. Sometimes I accept it and sometimes I worry about it that it will spread. I can live with this as long as it doesn't continue to spread..Doctor gave me some stupid expensive cream but it didn't do anything!

Seems like Vitamin K is helping people. I am going to try Rutin and Vitamin C, I researched that it is safe and a doctor actually "cured" three out of four people who had this disease. Someone else on here claimed it helped them too. I think my birth control may have contributed to the spread..so if these don't work I will one day try it again when I am completely off birth control.

Here is a photo of my markings a few months ago. Sometimes they look more red...sometimes not. I should be thankful I can wear clothing and no one can see it, that it hasn't spread dramatically, etc.

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l520/chelle21689/IMG_2246.jpg

I hope the supplements work! I'll post an update once I start taking them...I'm the type that always comes back lol.

P.S. it is a pain in the butt to reply on here because the verification letters are so hard to make out even if I refresh.

Offline michelle21689

• Registered member
« Reply #179 on: Thursday October 11, 2012, 04:24:13 PM »
Update: So I've been taking 2 doses of vitamin C and 1 rutin a day. 2 months later (took forever) it's starting to fade very dramatically.

At 1 week you could see a difference. The red marks weren't as vibrant. At a month I saw a spot starting to fade but other spots stubborn.
At 2 months it seems like all my spots are starting to fade very lightly. It's still there but not as noticable.

Hope to make continued improvement!! :)

P.S. I HATE replying on here, it sucks.