Author Topic: Pityriasis Lichenoides Chronica  (Read 553332 times)

Offline Janus

• Registered member
Re: Pityriasis Lichenoides Chronica
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday January 10, 2006, 09:36:19 PM »
JAHAN,

I had PLC many years ago only on my upper torso, and it disappeared for no aparent reason. A couple of years later it appeared again (the last time), this time on my upper torso, arms and some on my legs. The sun ersased the red dots. I feel there are still some hard spots inside my skin, probably where the red dots were, and some of them itch, very mildly, sometimes.
Cheers!

Offline PLC4ME

« Reply #121 on: Thursday January 19, 2006, 03:50:50 AM »
Hey all,

I'm 17. I got PLC last year around January (Summer). I had it everywhere except the face. It took along time to go away, I reckon it would have been November when it was mostly gone. But I still have some dark spots..

Okay it's now around the same time as last year when I got it, and I remember last year I started getting flea-like bites, all over my stomach.. Now I'm starting to get a few again, I'm really paranoid and I think I'm gunna get PLC for another year.  :(

The doctor told me to have cold showers, and I would go in for UVB treatment 3 times a week. Then he stopped and put me on these half orange, half white pills. And I was sick of the cold showers, so I just had one hot shower. But that turned into always having hot showers. It didn't seem to get worse with the hot showers. So I kept having hot showers.

Anyway, my question is.
Has anyone had PLC, think it's all gone. Then suddenly it comes back.. And do you get it around the same time each year?? I wish they would find a cure for it.. Seems to have something to do with the immune system and T-Cells. Maybe I should get a full blood count..

Sincerely,
PLC4ME

Offline Angela7

• Registered member
« Reply #122 on: Saturday January 21, 2006, 12:11:27 PM »
HI there - my 6 year old son has had Pleva for 4 years now, it goes away and comes back many times a year.  You mentioned that this is summertime where you live - the natural sun is great for clearing up most Pleva sufferers.  At the first sign of spots, you can start by getting at loeast 15 minutes of sun before applying sunscreen (depedning on how fair or dark you are).  After initial sun sexposure the first few days, the spots sometimes look worse for my son but in a few days start to dry up nicely.  The more sun for him the better for his spots.

Our pediatric derm. has my son do a complete blood count (CBC) every year to be safe and check on him.  His Pleva definately seems immune system related - he gets sick and gets spots.  That has been his trend for years.  But the good news is that this winter whereas he has been sick and would usually be covered this time of year he has very few spots.  Drs say that young people (I would think that 17 counts) usually burn out over time.  There are lots of other inspirational tales on this site too so read the past posts.  So far, the consensus seems to be that the sun helps most of all.  Some people a while back were trying the anti-viral drug Acyclovir with success.  So hit the beach and stay positive!  Good luck!     

Offline princesslaura

• Registered member
« Reply #123 on: Saturday January 21, 2006, 11:09:41 PM »
Heya

I have pityriasis Lichenoides Chronica n i'm 14 n i've had it for about 2 years now, my consultant says it should go away within 3 year. I have it all over my body n it gets rele bad on my lower arms especially when i get too hot or too cold or use a different soap or some fragrances. I also get it on my eye lids so they become rele red and inflamed so it looks as if i've been cryin. I was firstly told i had scabies,  then i was told that i had guattae psoriasis and sent to the skin clinic at the hospital where they told me i had pityriasis lichenoides chronica. They also said it could go and come back. I have been given steroid cream for my eye lids and E45 to moisturise the skin because it gets very dry. I also found that i can't do swimming because the chlorine in the water effects my skin and makes it go rele rele bad.

Does any1 else also have the problem of when they put there hands in water or feet for about 3 minutes they go all puffy n waterloged as if they've been in the water for an hour? because i do n i don't know if its linked to it?

Please reply because i dunt no any1 else with it

Luv Laura xxx
~*~ believe and your dreams will come true ~*~

Offline princesslaura

• Registered member
« Reply #124 on: Saturday January 21, 2006, 11:18:00 PM »
o yer i meant to say before that i had the ultra violet light treatment about a year ago and it didnt rele do any thing i just made it worse and itchier. It was like a sunbed and i gave me sunburn bcoz i had to be in there for a while :(.

laura xxx

Offline PLC4ME

« Reply #125 on: Saturday January 21, 2006, 11:44:31 PM »
Hey Laura,

The chlorine doesn't really hurt my eyes. I can open my eyes without it hurting. But I go to the beach alot and the salt sometimes really stings. But I will go in one day and it's fine, I can open my eyes and everything. Then another day it really stings.

I just remembered, last year I had a bit of acne on my face, so I used tea-tree oil to try and clear it up (I used like a whole handfull of oil). Not long after that I got the PLC.
Well I forgot about that, and used the oil again a week ago (but way less than before), and I saw a few spots coming back.. Maybe theres a link..

Also my spots first started on my stomach, thought they were flea bites, how about you?

I am from Australia so it is summer here at the moment.

Sincerely,
PLC4ME
« Last Edit: Saturday January 21, 2006, 11:46:32 PM by PLC4ME »

Offline princesslaura

• Registered member
« Reply #126 on: Sunday January 22, 2006, 09:56:18 AM »
Heya!

I'm from England and its winter at the moment so its not really that sunny, but in the summer when the sun comes out my PLC goes down abit. I can go in the sea and that kind of helps it although it really cold but after i've come out it just comes back again. My PLc seems to change if its cold it gets really bad or if i'm really hot it get worse too. Mine also started on my stomach and the doctor told me that it was scabies but then i had an appointment at the hospital and they said it was PLC.

They think it started from a strep throat infection and i was allergic to the bacteria in the throat infection and i got PLC or to a sudden dramatic drop in temperature because i went to Austria on a skiing holiday and we went swimming in the outdoor pool. When i returned back to the UK i had a rash on my stomach and that eventually covered my body.

Do you get the hand thing?

laura xxx

Offline EX-itchell

« Reply #127 on: Sunday January 22, 2006, 10:23:48 AM »
Hi Laura and wellcome,
I've been posting for a few months, live in England and have plc.  What is the hand thing??
Ithcell
<i> <font colour="orange"> ItChElL </font>

Offline PLC4ME

« Reply #128 on: Sunday January 22, 2006, 10:27:02 AM »
Hey Laura,

What do you mean by that hand thing? My hands and feet were the last to clear up.. Do you have hot or cold showers? I prefer hot, doesn't really do much damage. Actually I think it helps it.. Did you ever go on any pills? Were they effective?

Sincerely,
PLC4ME

Offline princesslaura

• Registered member
« Reply #129 on: Sunday January 22, 2006, 10:27:38 AM »
Heya
The hand thing! lol its when i put my hands or my feet in to water for about 3 minutes and they go all puffy and water logged as if they've been in water for an hour n then i can run my finger down them and the skin will come off. This only happens on the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet. My consultant says she has no idea what it is and whether it is linked to my PLC, so i'm abit of a mystery lol.

laura xxx

Offline PLC4ME

« Reply #130 on: Sunday January 22, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »
Wow does it make the PLC worse? Have you had it your whole life?

Offline princesslaura

• Registered member
« Reply #131 on: Sunday January 22, 2006, 10:32:23 AM »
Heya PLC4ME

I have warm showers but have had cold showers before and that made it really come out on my arms and legs, but if i have baths it will all come out really red and noticable then about half an hour after i get out of the bath it goes down and goes bac to normal. I was given anti histameina (don't know how you spell it) and they made me go to sleep but stoppd the itching. I've been given lots of gream but i find the only one that helps is the steroid cream and an aloe vera one my uncle got me it helps to moisturise the skinDoes yours ever bleed? mine will bleed and on my legs when i move it splits open and bleeds, and if my clothes rub the spots they start to bleed.

laura xxx

Offline princesslaura

• Registered member
« Reply #132 on: Sunday January 22, 2006, 10:34:06 AM »
yeah it makes my PLC redder and more obvious. I only got PLC two years ago after a trip to austria, iwas told i'd have it for three years so only a year to go hopefully but have been told it could come back.

luv laura

Offline EX-itchell

« Reply #133 on: Sunday January 22, 2006, 10:36:39 AM »
hi you two,
Weird to get 3 people with plc on at a time!
Yes mine gets redder after a bath or hot shower.  I recommend warm shower not too strong, and use organic sesame oil to moisturise your skin every night.  Mine does well if I take time to massage the oil into the skin, though starts off being a bit redder.
Sun does NOT work for me.
Itchell
<i> <font colour="orange"> ItChElL </font>

Offline PLC4ME

« Reply #134 on: Sunday January 22, 2006, 10:37:51 AM »
Hey Laura,

Well I hope it goes sooner or later. Mine never did bleed.. Unless I picked it :P, they looked exactly like chicken pox. It's what all the doctors thought I had aswell. But you can only have it once so it had to be something else... Does yours looks like flea bites, then a frosted glass like layer cover it?

Sincerely,
PLC4ME

Offline princesslaura

• Registered member
« Reply #135 on: Sunday January 22, 2006, 10:40:20 AM »
Heya

lol there are people like me at last! i don't know anyone else with PLC. I might try that oil bcause at the moment i'm only using E45 and it doesn't really do much just moistureises the skin. Sun doesn't really work to well for me either, not that we see that much in England, what  part of england are you from? I'm seeing my skin consultant next monday so hopefully she'll have some new treatment or cream for me .

luv laura

Offline princesslaura

• Registered member
« Reply #136 on: Sunday January 22, 2006, 10:42:52 AM »
heya

yeah mine does look like flea bites with a scale on top apart from on my arms where it looks like flea bites but as if there under layers of skin. Does yours look like that? Do you get any funny looks for having it?

laura

Offline PLC4ME

« Reply #137 on: Sunday January 22, 2006, 10:43:38 AM »
hi you two,
Weird to get 3 people with plc on at a time!
Yes mine gets redder after a bath or hot shower.  I recommend warm shower not too strong, and use organic sesame oil to moisturise your skin every night.  Mine does well if I take time to massage the oil into the skin, though starts off being a bit redder.
Sun does NOT work for me.
Itchell

Hello Itchell,

Where do you get your organic sesame oil? Just at the health food store? When you have showers did you use normal soap? I had to use this sorbolene soap, put it all over my body before I got in the shower, then lightly rinse it off... And dab myself dry lol..

Sincerely,
PLC4ME

Offline PLC4ME

« Reply #138 on: Sunday January 22, 2006, 10:46:33 AM »
heya

yeah mine does look like flea bites with a scale on top apart from on my arms where it looks like flea bites but as if there under layers of skin. Does yours look like that? Do you get any funny looks for having it?

laura

Hey,

Yeah I got alot of people wondering why I am always wearing a jumper in the middle of a hot summers day lol. Even though I like the cold and can wear a shirt on a cold winters day.. I just usually change the subject lol.. I told my friends and there cool with it. I just don't want it to come back because I have got my last year of school now. And I know if I get it I will procrastinate heaps.

Sincerely,
PLC4ME

Offline princesslaura

• Registered member
« Reply #139 on: Sunday January 22, 2006, 10:51:31 AM »
I know what you mean all my friends are kewl with it but you do get peole going errrrrrr whats that on your arms have u got ecsema and i'll go no i've got a skin condition and they still think its escema, and it freaks some people out because they think they'll catch it off me. I tend to wear what i want now but when i first got it i would wear long sleeved tops and jeans all the time. But now i'm comfortable with it because its apart of me and if people are going to treat my differently for it well that there problem rele.

Luv laura xxx