Author Topic: How to cure Psoriasis through Diet- My personal experience  (Read 44413 times)

Offline sheroo

• Registered member
How to cure Psoriasis through Diet- My personal experience
« on: Tuesday November 09, 2004, 05:37:46 AM »
This is my first hand experience and I have been using this diet on myself for the last 60 days. I am cured completely. (of course I do not know at this stage if I go back to my old eating habits , will P come back) but nevertheless its good to look at yourself in mirror and feel the healthy skin. I suffered from P for almost 17 years since I was 19 years old. I decided to go the natural way and found that diet control will lead to cure.
I hope that the same diet works for all the P sufferers and if it works then I just need in return is blessings in return for me and my family.By following this diet you do not lose anything. If at all you will gain a good health. Also added incentive is that you lose weight , I lost more than 10 KGs in 60 days after following this diet. Feel more energetic and fit. (of course had to spent more money for buying clothese , especially trousers)

KEY

1. Breakfast

one or two glasses of freshly squeezed juice (carrot , apple , beetroot).one can have more if needed, there is no restriction on qty.
15 to 20 overnight soaked almonds
One apple or more if needed
1 or maximum 2  table spoons of FLAX SEED OIL

2. Lunch
Apples as much as one wants (I keep enough supplies of apples in my office fridge)
Pears - as much as one wants
Fresh juice of carrot , apple , beetroot) , this is slightly troublesome if you are working. on holidays and if at home , then this option is workable.

But for lunch the best is to eat fresh apples and pears as its easy.

3. Dinner
Boiled vegetables (use maximum of 1 table spoon of soyabean or cannola oil) . Use only alkaline vegetables like Broccoli , Cabbage , Cauliflower, Beetroot, Carrots.
Add plenty of Onions and Garlic
Use little or no salt.
SWEET POTATO (MY FAVORITE) as much as you can.Bake the sweet potato and eat it with little or no salt.
The above vegetables one can have as much as one can. If still hungry eat more of apples and pears.
1 or 2 table spoons of FLAX SEED OIL immediately after dinner.

The above diet I followed strictly for 6 weeks and now sometimes for a change I will bake SALMON fish with NO OIL and very LITTLE SALT.

In between the meals , if hungry avoid eating sweet foods, drinking tea (however when I am working sometime I give it in to temptations and do drink tea but without sugar), coffee, pastries , bread , coke , biscuits
wheat products, acidic products like Oranges , pineapples , peanuts, choclates, icecream, cheese , dairy products, mango, lemon,corn, peas,tomatoes, etc. Smoking , alochol is also not allowed.

ONE HAS TO HAVE 80 % ALKALINE FOODS AS MUCH POSSIBLE LOW ACIDIC FORMING PRODUCTS.

For psoriasis patches I used initially only Vaseline and coconut oil just to keep the skin moist.

By following the above diet I am fully cured and now do not use any vaseline and coconut oil. There are no patches  left.

The first week was obviously difficult to let go of the junk foods but now it has become a habit. I go for the only above foods only.

Also its important that to have regular bowel movement. Constipation is not good. So I used initially a mild laxative every 2 to 3 days to clear the toxin. So it was a doubel effect , old toxins were cleared and new toxins input was limited due to the above diet. Now I do not use laxatives any more.

The best thing about this cure is that it does not costs anything. Its natural and does not have any side effects.

So all of you who have this stubborn disease , have a strong determination and follow the above diet. I am confident it will work as in the last 17 years this is the first time that I have been spot free and I am in the best of health.

My personal email is: REMOVED BY ROCK

If by following this diet even one more person is cured , then I feel my job has been done and will bring me immense satisfaction.

Cheers and all the best
Sunil

« Last Edit: Tuesday November 09, 2004, 02:09:09 PM by rock »

Offline bronzon

• SkinCell God
  • she makes it all worthwhile
Re: How to cure Psoriasis through Diet- My personal experience
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday November 09, 2004, 09:56:54 AM »
i admire your determination and discipline.  i have been planning to go on a similar diet but i always give in to temptation and so have not really known whether it would work for me.  i hope i get the chance to do so someday.  congratulations! :laugh:
"You know what's weird?  Donald Duck never wore pants.  But whenever he's getting out of the shower, he always puts a towel around his waist.  I mean what is that about?" - Chandler

Offline floridian

• Registered SkinCell Member
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday November 09, 2004, 02:02:26 PM »
These dietary ideas are similiar to others I have read about, and I agree that there may be many benefits from a detox diet.  But what about protein?  This diet sounds like it could cause long term problems as it is so low in protein.  For short term detox, not a problem.

One problem for me - I am fructose intolerant.  If I eat too much fructose (in fruit, honey, or processed food) then I get diarrhea, and a psoriasis flare up soon follows.

What is your experience with fermented vegetables and probiotics? Thanks for sharing.

peterb

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday November 09, 2004, 02:17:16 PM »
Hi sheroo

Welcome to Skincell.  I have to agree with floridian on the dangers of no protein.  Also I am glad it works for you, just to point out it is not a CURE, it has helped you clear your Psoriasis.  Diet doesn't do anything for my Psoriasis which i've had for 42 years.

Offline MarieC

• SkinCell Grand
  • Fa Shizzle
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday November 09, 2004, 03:38:57 PM »
im glad you have benefitted from this diet... i do something similar-in regards to juicing in the morning and supplementing with flax oil which gives us essential fatty acids and makes my skin condition a lot better.
like floridian said tho, my body also doesnt like too much fruit. it is important to supplement the diet with more vegetables than fruit.
i also do focus on acid/alkaline diet, in regards to that i use supergreen powder in juice which can balance our internal pH.
i find my regimen with diet has really help control my eczema without the use of so much medication, but has not "cured" me. my diet regimen in combination with my medical therapy is the most effective in my case.
as rock and floridian pointed out, i believe protein is essential to the diet...for those trying to lose weight, which is something i cannot afford to do, a diet you have mentioned may help.
and also mentioned, for a short-term detox would be fine as well.
glad to hear you are clear tho! :)

Offline sheroo

• Registered member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday November 10, 2004, 03:54:09 AM »
yes I agree my protein intake is minimal and perhaps its the body's inabillity to digest the protein could be causing P. I do not know as I am not a medical expert.

I use to eat a lot of lentils , wheat etc high protein diet. I love these foods but when I took them out (almost 95 % of it from my daily diet) my Psoriasis cleared. So maybe protein indigestion was the cause.

Now I am on maintenance diet and I want to remain this way.

Regards

Offline elaineG

• SkinCell God
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday November 10, 2004, 06:19:25 AM »
yes I agree my protein intake is minimal and perhaps its the body's inabillity to digest the protein could be causing P. I do not know as I am not a medical expert.

I use to eat a lot of lentils , wheat etc high protein diet. I love these foods but when I took them out (almost 95 % of it from my daily diet) my Psoriasis cleared. So maybe protein indigestion was the cause.

Regards

Hi Sheroo - i was wondering about the protein myself.  Just as a point of interest - has anyone tried the Atkins Diet= with the high protein/low carb intake = and if so, did it affect the P?
If I had a monster, I tell you what I'd do, I'd starve him for a week, then I'd set him on you!

Offline nats

• Registered member
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday November 10, 2004, 09:50:04 PM »
Hi there. I have been diagnosed with Schambergs disease and am trying to find out as much as I can about the treatment and control of the disease. Would you know if your diet would be relevant to the treatment of this? If so I would very much like to get more info from you.

Offline floridian

« Reply #8 on: Monday November 15, 2004, 08:30:38 PM »

Regards

Keep us posted, thanks.

Offline floridian

« Reply #9 on: Monday November 15, 2004, 08:33:25 PM »

Hi Sheroo - i was wondering about the protein myself.  Just as a point of interest - has anyone tried the Atkins Diet= with the high protein/low carb intake = and if so, did it affect the P?

My P started after going on a low carb diet - although I also had an infection that I link it to.  I was eating lots of protein and fats, which improved my weight, anxiety and cholesterol numbers, but maybe contributed to the P - not sure if it was a coincidence or not.

Offline Gary

• SkinCell Friend
  • Entertainment Guru
« Reply #10 on: Monday November 15, 2004, 08:58:30 PM »
I do a detoxification diet every few months for two weeks at a time.  Except for a few reoccuring areas, it's helped me dramatically.

Search for "detox diet" on About.com.  That's where I found mine.

It's the best money I never spent on a treatment. :P

---

Floridian,

In most cases, hi-protein diets raise cholesterol levels, which usually creates a rise in blood pressure.  A rise in blood pressure is essentially a rise in the physical stress that your body must endure performing even the most basic activities.

A rise in stress usually = psoriasis flare-ups/increased outbreak.
« Last Edit: Monday November 15, 2004, 09:04:53 PM by Gary »
"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. " - Douglas Adams

Offline gimpt

• Registered member
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday November 16, 2004, 01:51:33 AM »
hi! I just read your personal experience on curing psoriasis and I had to write. I have PPP and ended up in the hospital because my hands and feet were completely raw. Then I had to rent a scooter to get around my house. That was about 5 weeks ago.

A little history first:  about 12 years I had intestinal problems, the doctors ran all kinds of tests because I would look like I was 9 months pregnant by luchtime. My stomach would just blow up! (I'm 5'2" and normally weigh 130 pounds). I ended up taking acidophilus and supplements to get it under control.

About 3 years ago, my hair fell out in clumps! no explanation. Doctor said it was nerves. Yea, right!

Then about 2 months ago, my hands and feet started to blister and as I said I ended up in hospital. Doctors couldn't tell me what was wrong except that I had psoriosis.

I read the article about PPP from Dr. Masuru Maebashi

(http:www3.ocn.ne.jp/~hpps/english/english.html)

regarding recovering from PPP.  PPP has been linked to a biotin (vitamin B) deficiency. BIotin is needed for hair, skin, and nails. It also produces good bacteria in your intestines.  Well I've been through it all (intestines, skin, hair and nails) and decided that I couldn't process vitamin B properly so I started juicing and eating good natural foods just like you!

I bought the "juiceman's " juicer and his book with over 100 recipes. I have lost about 12 pounds! Great since I was eating whenI got depressed and put on a few.

I juice fruits in the morning. Sometimes I make a smoothie with fruits and yogurt.  I eat alot of salads and everyday I juice veggies, all kinds. I alternate so I do not get bored.  I also eat almonds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseed and whole grain breads.

I can't say that I have given up on all foods but adding the juicing has helped me immensely. After 4 weeks the doctor could not believe I was walking and that I drove myself to her office!

What works great for constipation is juicing apples and pears and drinking it before you go to bed.  When  get up i drink a glass of water with lemon in it. That also helps.

I honestly believe that diet is the key. I too feel good and look better than ever. My son even commented to me about my looks.  I have him juicing for teenage zits and his skin looks better. I have my husband juicing for his high blood pressure too!

My feet are not 100% clear but I would say 95% better. I am able to leave the house now and wear shoes!!

I will follow your advice on low acid and see if I can't get 100% better. I will also add beets (yuck!) to my diet.

Thank you for sharing your success. I know diet is the key and since you are cured completely, I will continue to juice and eat healthy so that I can say I am completely cured also!

Offline floridian

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday November 16, 2004, 08:41:08 PM »
Just did some digging on diet and rosacea (having a flare up now) and came across this, which gives some support to the detox diet concept. 

Acta Derm Venereol. 1983;63(5):397-403.

A fasting and vegetarian diet treatment trial on chronic inflammatory disorders.

Lithell H, Bruce A, Gustafsson IB, Hoglund NJ, Karlstrom B, Ljunghall K, Sjolin K, Venge P, Werner I, Vessby B.

Twenty patients with arthritis and various skin diseases were studied on a metabolic ward during a 2-week period of modified fast followed by a 3-week period of vegetarian diet. During fasting, arthralgia was less intense in many subjects. In some types of skin diseases (pustulosis palmaris et plantaris and atopic eczema) an improvement could be demonstrated during the fast. During the vegan diet, both signs and symptoms returned in most patients, with the exception of some patients with psoriasis who experienced an improvement. The concentrations of lactoferrin in serum reflect the turnover and activity of neutrophil leukocytes. When this protein was initially increased it fell to normal values in most cases. The improvement or impairment of signs and symptoms was related to the lactoferrin levels in serum.

Offline floridian

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday November 16, 2004, 08:51:41 PM »

Floridian,

In most cases, hi-protein diets raise cholesterol levels, which usually creates a rise in blood pressure.  A rise in blood pressure is essentially a rise in the physical stress that your body must endure performing even the most basic activities.

A rise in stress usually = psoriasis flare-ups/increased outbreak.

I would say the biggest effect on cholesterol is insulin, which stimulates the liver to produce cholesterol.... most cholesterol in our body is synthesized by our body.  There is plenty of research have shown that low carb diets (high in protein and fat) are good for cholesterol and triglyceride levels - but maybe not inflammatory skin diseases. 

The study will be conducted by a multicenter research team at Washington University, the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. It will also look at whether behavior intervention and modification might help people stick to these diets.

The research team conducted a trial that was published in the New England Journal of Medicine. They found that at three and six months, the Atkins dieters lost twice as much weight during the first six months than a low-fat, high-carbohydrate diet. However, dieters on both diets regained the weight and at one year, there was no statistical difference between the groups.

One result of the study that was somewhat surprising was that people on the Atkins diet had greater improvements in blood lipids than those on the low-fat, high carbohydrate diet.

In the Atkins group, there was a greater increase in high-density lipoprotein (HDL), or "good" cholesterol, and their serum triglycerides decreased more than the other group. Low HDL and high triglyceride levels increase risk of cardiovascular disease.

Offline She-Devil

• Registered member
« Reply #14 on: Saturday January 15, 2005, 02:16:01 AM »
 :-X k this flaxseed oil tastes horrible..lol  but I am willing to try anything.... being doing the light treatment everyday and have just been told by my doc it is clearing up nicely and to go only once a week for now..am up to 2 mins  but that will be the max anything after that and i will turn red..

anyway slowly trying this diet...i say slowly meaning i  am not jumping into it...still eating rice as i have a concern on the lack of protein.

will be ok for a short period i think..
time will tell

and if it clears my skin then great///

but   yucky tasting stuff this flaxseed oil

~~~~ We may not have it all together~~~~
  ~~~     But together we have it all     ~~~

Offline MarieC

• SkinCell Grand
  • Fa Shizzle
« Reply #15 on: Saturday January 15, 2005, 05:48:30 AM »
i also take flaxseed oil, my skin's condition has greatly improved from this supplement alone. and no, it hasn't "cleared" my skin, theres more to it than just one supplement, or one cream.  i agree the taste isn't great, but the benefits far outweigh that aspect of it. try throwing it in yogurt, thats what i do, or mix it in juice. it is pretty difficult taking it plain so i understand where you are coming from. just be creative!  ;)

if i had to choose one supplement out of the many i take, i'd pick my flaxseed oil  ;D

anyway slowly trying this diet...i say slowly meaning i am not jumping into it...still eating rice as i have a concern on the lack of protein.

rice isnt a source of protein, it is considered carbohydrates. meats, fish, eggs, seeds, beans, etc are sources of protein.
« Last Edit: Saturday January 15, 2005, 05:59:16 AM by bLack mamba »

Gobe

« Reply #16 on: Saturday January 15, 2005, 04:49:07 PM »
 :roll: _at_  She-Devil...

Remember what your mother told you -- if it tastes bad then it MUST be good for you!

:hugs:

Offline She-Devil

• Registered member
« Reply #17 on: Friday January 21, 2005, 03:17:34 AM »
try throwing it in yogurt...wouldnt that be a dairy product....
?
i am just pluggin my nose then washing it down with water...it has become an art form in itself.....lol
seems to be working though....

and of course it is good for u..lol
forgot for a moment the bad tasting rule..ty for the reminder... ;)
~~~~ We may not have it all together~~~~
  ~~~     But together we have it all     ~~~

Offline MarieC

• SkinCell Grand
  • Fa Shizzle
« Reply #18 on: Friday January 21, 2005, 03:22:15 AM »
yeah, i didnt know you cut out dairy she-devil. i'm allergic to dairy so i put it in my soy yogurt. youre brave to wash it down with water! i cant even do that.. lol. i sometimes put it in a LOT of apple juice.. it helps.  :)

Offline lurker

• SkinCell Grand
  • Shadow
  • Lurking SkinCell Member
« Reply #19 on: Friday January 21, 2005, 03:24:03 AM »
Um, if you don't like the taste of flax seed oil, can't you get the same thing in like fish oils or is that worse?

- lurker
« Last Edit: Friday January 21, 2005, 03:28:10 AM by lurker »